|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Large and boisterous.
(b) Slender and wiry.
(c) Small and bent.
(d) Gnarled and leathery.
2. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Go back to the saloon.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Come home.
(d) Stop shouting.
3. Who arrives at the apartment at the conclusion of the fight between Jimmie and Mudder?
(b) The police.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The old woman.
4. What act follows the dancing girl in the show that Maggie and Pete attend?
(a) An opera singer.
(b) A ventriloquist.
(c) Another dancer.
(d) A juggler.
5. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A saloon.
(b) A linen factory.
(c) A dressmaker's shop.
(d) A collar and cuff factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pete's occupation?
2. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
3. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
4. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
5. When Jimmie and Mudder fight wildly in the apartment in Chapter 9, where is Maggie hiding?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)