|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what four animals are the fighters in Chapter 11 compared?
(a) Panther, tiger, snake, and lion.
(b) Bull dog, rooster, lion, and snake.
(c) Lion, tiger, snake, and cat.
(d) Panther, rooster, bull dog, and cat.
2. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
3. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
(a) An old man.
(c) A quiet stranger.
(d) An old woman.
4. When the dancing girl first appears in the show, what is she wearing?
(a) A long, slinky red dress.
(b) A pink dress with short skirts.
(c) A long, full yellow dress.
(d) A black leotard.
5. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a saloon.
(b) To a casino.
(c) To meet a girl.
(d) To a boxing match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the companion who enters the saloon with Jimmie?
2. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
3. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
4. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
5. Who is Mudder trying to start a fight with after she enters the tenement building?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)