|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
(a) The working class.
(b) The aristocracy.
(c) The upper class.
(d) The lower class.
2. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
(a) Mudder is on a chair and Fader is gone.
(b) Fader is on the floor and Mudder is on a chair.
(c) Mudder is on the floor and Fader is on a chair.
(d) Mudder and Fader are both on the floor.
3. Who steals the pail from Jimmie as he carries it back to the old woman?
(c) Blue Billie.
4. What is the name of the companion who enters the saloon with Jimmie?
5. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Wandering around the city.
(b) Making fine clothes.
(c) Singing on street corners.
(d) Going to court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who charges in to break up the saloon fight?
2. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
3. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
4. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
5. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)