|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
(a) An empty bottle.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) An empty pail.
(d) A rock.
2. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
(a) To the saloon.
(b) Into the old woman's apartment.
(c) Under the stairs.
(d) Into the street.
3. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Go on dates.
(b) Leave home.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Hide in the house.
4. While at work in the saloon, what color jacket does Pete wear?
5. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) An ugly girl.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) A foolish girl.
(d) A smart girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the scuffle in the hallway, who opens the door to the apartment?
2. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
3. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
4. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
5. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)