|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
(c) The zoo.
2. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
(a) The aristocracy.
(b) The lower class.
(c) The working class.
(d) The upper class.
3. Who else is drinking at the bar during the verbal exchange between Jimmie, his companion, and Pete?
(b) A quiet stranger.
(c) An old woman.
(d) An old man.
4. Who is Mudder trying to start a fight with after she enters the tenement building?
(a) Miss Smith.
(b) The old woman.
(c) Mary Murphy.
(d) Maggie and Pete.
5. While at work in the saloon, what color jacket does Pete wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
2. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
3. Who is the bartender at the saloon from which Mudder is removed?
4. Who warns Pete, "Don't be fresh now"?
5. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)