|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
(a) Into the street.
(b) Under the stairs.
(c) Into the old woman's apartment.
(d) To the saloon.
2. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His age and occupation.
(b) His height and weight.
(c) His clothing and manners.
(d) His education and experience.
3. Why is Mudder kicked out of a saloon in Chapter 9?
(a) She could not pay her bill.
(b) She had too much to drink.
(c) She caused a disturbance.
(d) Women were not allowed in the saloon.
4. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
(a) Until breakfast.
(b) For three hours.
(c) For five hours.
(d) Until dawn.
5. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
(a) A rock.
(b) An empty bottle.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) An empty pail.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the show, what does Pete ask Maggie to give him before she goes into the apartment?
2. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
3. What color dresses are the orchestra women wearing in Chapter 7?
4. From where do the spectators watch the saloon fight?
5. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)