|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Hide in the house.
(b) Go on dates.
(c) Leave home.
(d) Get a job.
2. To what four animals are the fighters in Chapter 11 compared?
(a) Panther, tiger, snake, and lion.
(b) Bull dog, rooster, lion, and snake.
(c) Panther, rooster, bull dog, and cat.
(d) Lion, tiger, snake, and cat.
3. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
(d) A newspaper.
4. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His age and occupation.
(b) His clothing and manners.
(c) His education and experience.
(d) His height and weight.
5. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
(c) The zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what are the group of urchins watching intently?
2. From where do the spectators watch the saloon fight?
3. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
4. When the dancing girl first appears in the show, what is she wearing?
5. What material is used for the front of the saloon building where Pete works?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)