|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jimmie carrying when he encounters his raging mother?
(a) A pail of beer and a sandwich.
(b) A dinner pail and an apron.
(c) A load of firewood.
(d) A newspaper and a pipe.
2. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
(a) Fourth Avenue.
(c) High Street.
(d) Fifth Avenue.
3. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
(a) A rock.
(b) An empty pail.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) An empty bottle.
4. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) A smart girl.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) An ugly girl.
(d) A foolish girl.
5. When the dancing girl first appears in the show, what is she wearing?
(a) A black leotard.
(b) A long, full yellow dress.
(c) A pink dress with short skirts.
(d) A long, slinky red dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink do Jimmie and his companion order?
2. While Jimmie listens outside the apartment door, what does Mudder threaten to do to Fader?
3. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
4. What time do Pete and Maggie arrive back at the apartment after the show?
5. What is Pete's occupation?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)