|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taunts Mudder as she walks home from the saloon?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A group of men on a street corner.
(c) The urchin boys.
(d) An old woman.
2. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is wise and good.
(b) He would make an ideal beau.
(c) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
(d) He is looking for trouble.
3. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a casino.
(b) To a boxing match.
(c) To meet a girl.
(d) To a saloon.
4. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
5. What color dresses are the orchestra women wearing in Chapter 7?
(c) Dark Blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
2. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
3. What material is used for the front of the saloon building where Pete works?
4. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
5. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)