|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following expressions is used in Chapter 3 to describe the old woman?
(a) Slender and wiry.
(b) Large and boisterous.
(c) Gnarled and leathery.
(d) Small and bent.
2. Who warns Pete, "Don't be fresh now"?
(a) The waiter.
3. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He is wise and good.
(b) He is looking for trouble.
(c) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
(d) He would make an ideal beau.
4. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Come home.
(b) Go back to the saloon.
(c) Stop shouting.
(d) Take a nap.
5. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A linen factory.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A collar and cuff factory.
(d) A dressmaker's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bartender at the saloon from which Mudder is removed?
2. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
3. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
4. When Jimmie and Mudder fight wildly in the apartment in Chapter 9, where is Maggie hiding?
5. What is Pete's attitude toward Maggie as they wait for the show to start?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)