|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a saloon.
(b) To a casino.
(c) To a boxing match.
(d) To meet a girl.
2. Of what class of people are most of those attending the show with Pete and Maggie?
(a) The aristocracy.
(b) The upper class.
(c) The working class.
(d) The lower class.
3. On what street does the old woman customarily beg for her living?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(b) Fourth Avenue.
(d) High Street.
4. After the brutal fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, how long do Jimmie and Maggie huddle in the corner of the apartment?
(a) For three hours.
(b) Until dawn.
(c) Until breakfast.
(d) For five hours.
5. When Jimmie grabs Mudder to take her home, what is her response?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She hits Jimmie.
(c) She screams.
(d) She goes with Jimmie willingly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
2. Who charges in to break up the saloon fight?
3. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
4. What drink do Jimmie and his companion order?
5. In Chapter 3, what does the old woman send Jimmie to buy for her?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)