|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws the first punch in the saloon fight?
(a) The saloon owner.
(b) Jimmie's companion.
2. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Hide in the house.
(b) Leave home.
(c) Go on dates.
(d) Get a job.
3. When Jimmie happens upon his furiously screaming mother, what does he tell her to do?
(a) Go back to the saloon.
(b) Come home.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Stop shouting.
4. Who is Mudder trying to start a fight with after she enters the tenement building?
(a) Maggie and Pete.
(b) The old woman.
(c) Mary Murphy.
(d) Miss Smith.
5. As he drinks at the bar, to what does Fader liken his home?
(a) The zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the scuffle in the hallway, who opens the door to the apartment?
2. What is the first object thrown in the saloon fight?
3. During the fight between Mudder and Fader in Chapter 3, what sound accompanies the howls, groans, and shrieks?
4. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
5. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)