|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material is used for the saloon doors?
2. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To meet a girl.
(b) To a saloon.
(c) To a boxing match.
(d) To a casino.
3. When Jimmie re-enters the apartment after the fight in Chapter 3, where are Mudder and Fader?
(a) Fader is on the floor and Mudder is on a chair.
(b) Mudder and Fader are both on the floor.
(c) Mudder is on the floor and Fader is on a chair.
(d) Mudder is on a chair and Fader is gone.
4. Who is Mudder trying to start a fight with after she enters the tenement building?
(a) Miss Smith.
(b) The old woman.
(c) Mary Murphy.
(d) Maggie and Pete.
5. As he argues with Fader in the doorway, with what does Jimmie get hit?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) An empty bottle.
(c) A rock.
(d) An empty pail.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where do the spectators watch the saloon fight?
2. What color dresses are the orchestra women wearing in Chapter 7?
3. After the altercation in the doorway, where does Jimmie go to get away from Fader?
4. What is Pete's attitude toward Maggie as they wait for the show to start?
5. When Jimmie grabs Mudder to take her home, what is her response?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)