|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old woman say is Pete's response to Maggie's question?
(a) "We shall see."
(b) "Oh, hell, yes."
(c) "Of course."
(d) "Certainly not."
2. As punishment for corrupting Maggie, what does Jimmie threaten to do to Pete?
(a) Report him to the police.
(b) Fight with him.
(c) Break his nose.
(d) Kill him.
3. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
(a) It has been tidied up.
(b) It has been completely trashed.
(c) It is dirty and smelly.
(d) It is beautiful and spotless.
4. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
5. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the apartment to stare at Maggie when she comes home?
2. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
3. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
4. What is the name of the "forlorn woman" who is wandering at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)