|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Go on dates.
(b) Hide in the house.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Leave home.
2. What does the old woman say is Pete's response to Maggie's question?
(a) "We shall see."
(b) "Of course."
(c) "Certainly not."
(d) "Oh, hell, yes."
3. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
(a) The frying pan and spatula.
(b) Mudders scarf and coat.
(c) Maggie's jacket and hat.
(d) The broom and dustpan.
4. When the old woman tells her tale in Chapter 10, what does she say that Maggie asks Pete?
(a) When she would see him again.
(b) If he loved her.
(c) If she could live with him.
(d) If he would marry her.
5. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
2. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
3. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
4. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
5. As punishment for corrupting Maggie, what does Jimmie threaten to do to Pete?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)