|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the "forlorn woman" who is wandering at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) A smart girl.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) An ugly girl.
(d) A foolish girl.
3. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His height and weight.
(b) His clothing and manners.
(c) His age and occupation.
(d) His education and experience.
4. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To meet a girl.
(b) To a saloon.
(c) To a boxing match.
(d) To a casino.
5. When the old woman tells her tale in Chapter 10, what does she say that Maggie asks Pete?
(a) If he would marry her.
(b) If he loved her.
(c) When she would see him again.
(d) If she could live with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
2. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
3. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
5. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)