|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pete's occupation?
(a) He is a bartender.
(b) He is a firefighter.
(c) He is a policeman.
(d) He is a truck driver.
2. What is the name of the next door neighbor who Mudder says she warned Maggie about?
(a) Sally McCallister.
(b) Sandy MacDonald.
(c) Sheila McMasters.
(d) Sadie MacMallister.
3. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
(a) The frying pan and spatula.
(b) Maggie's jacket and hat.
(c) Mudders scarf and coat.
(d) The broom and dustpan.
4. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Singing on street corners.
(b) Wandering around the city.
(c) Making fine clothes.
(d) Going to court.
5. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To a saloon.
(b) To a boxing match.
(c) To a casino.
(d) To meet a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
2. What does the old woman say is Pete's response to Maggie's question?
3. Who comes into the apartment to stare at Maggie when she comes home?
4. After Jimmie decides to go after Pete, who blocks Jimmie's exit from the apartment?
5. Where does Jimmie tell Mudder that Maggie has gone?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)