|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
2. Who comes into the apartment to stare at Maggie when she comes home?
(a) The police.
(b) The old woman.
(c) The men of Rum Alley.
(d) The women and children of Rum Alley.
3. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Hide in the house.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Leave home.
(d) Go on dates.
4. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His clothing and manners.
(b) His education and experience.
(c) His height and weight.
(d) His age and occupation.
5. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
(a) He would make an ideal beau.
(b) He is wise and good.
(c) He is looking for trouble.
(d) He is a loud-mouthed fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
2. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
3. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
4. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
5. What is the name of the next door neighbor who Mudder says she warned Maggie about?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)