|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) A foolish girl.
(b) A smart girl.
(c) An ugly girl.
(d) A pretty girl.
2. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
3. What does Jimmie do when Maggie cries out to him?
(a) Hits her.
(b) Pulls away from her.
(c) Runs to her.
(d) Turns his back on her.
4. When the old woman tells her tale in Chapter 10, what does she say that Maggie asks Pete?
(a) When she would see him again.
(b) If she could live with him.
(c) If he would marry her.
(d) If he loved her.
5. What is Pete's occupation?
(a) He is a truck driver.
(b) He is a firefighter.
(c) He is a policeman.
(d) He is a bartender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
2. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
3. What is the name of the "forlorn woman" who is wandering at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. Who comes into the apartment to stare at Maggie when she comes home?
5. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)