|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is the "forlorn woman" looking?
(c) Blue Billie.
2. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Leave home.
(b) Go on dates.
(c) Hide in the house.
(d) Get a job.
3. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A dressmaker's shop.
(b) A collar and cuff factory.
(c) A linen factory.
(d) A saloon.
4. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His education and experience.
(b) His height and weight.
(c) His age and occupation.
(d) His clothing and manners.
5. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) An ugly girl.
(b) A smart girl.
(c) A foolish girl.
(d) A pretty girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
2. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
3. As punishment for corrupting Maggie, what does Jimmie threaten to do to Pete?
4. Who does Jimmie meet when he comes home late from work at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. Where does Jimmie tell Mudder that Maggie has gone?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)