|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) In the shadows.
(b) Hanging laundry outside.
(c) In another room.
(d) At work.
2. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
3. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
(a) The old woman has fallen.
(b) Mudder has died.
(c) Maggie has returned.
(d) Pete has destroyed the apartment.
4. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
(a) The frying pan and spatula.
(b) Maggie's jacket and hat.
(c) The broom and dustpan.
(d) Mudders scarf and coat.
5. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
(a) His education and experience.
(b) His height and weight.
(c) His age and occupation.
(d) His clothing and manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the "forlorn woman" who is wandering at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
3. When the old woman tells her tale in Chapter 10, what does she say that Maggie asks Pete?
4. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
5. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)