|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Going to court.
(b) Wandering around the city.
(c) Singing on street corners.
(d) Making fine clothes.
2. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) In another room.
(b) In the shadows.
(c) Hanging laundry outside.
(d) At work.
3. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
(a) It has been tidied up.
(b) It is beautiful and spotless.
(c) It is dirty and smelly.
(d) It has been completely trashed.
4. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
(a) Maggie has returned.
(b) Pete has destroyed the apartment.
(c) Mudder has died.
(d) The old woman has fallen.
5. What kind of girl does Chapter 5 say that Maggie grows up to be?
(a) A pretty girl.
(b) A foolish girl.
(c) An ugly girl.
(d) A smart girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say disguises Maggie's looks when she is a child?
2. As punishment for corrupting Maggie, what does Jimmie threaten to do to Pete?
3. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
4. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
5. What does the old woman say is Pete's response to Maggie's question?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)