|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
(a) To meet a girl.
(b) To a casino.
(c) To a saloon.
(d) To a boxing match.
2. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
3. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
(a) The old woman.
4. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Wandering around the city.
(b) Making fine clothes.
(c) Going to court.
(d) Singing on street corners.
5. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Go on dates.
(c) Leave home.
(d) Hide in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
2. Where does Jimmie tell Mudder that Maggie has gone?
3. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
4. When Jimmie arrives home in Chapter 15, what major event has happened?
5. What is Maggie's impression of Pete?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)