|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Jimmie's attitude as he leaves the apartment to find Pete?
2. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A saloon.
(b) A collar and cuff factory.
(c) A dressmaker's shop.
(d) A linen factory.
3. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Going to court.
(b) Making fine clothes.
(c) Singing on street corners.
(d) Wandering around the city.
4. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
5. Who says "Hully gee" several times in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
2. As young men start to notice Maggie, what does Jimmie tell her she should do?
3. What does the old woman say is Pete's response to Maggie's question?
4. When Jimmie surveys the apartment, what does he notice is missing from the nail behind the door?
5. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)