|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jimmie tell Mudder that Maggie has gone?
(a) To the show.
(b) To Pete's house.
(c) To the devil.
(d) To the saloon.
2. What is Mudder famous for in Chapter 5?
(a) Singing on street corners.
(b) Going to court.
(c) Wandering around the city.
(d) Making fine clothes.
3. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
(a) Hanging laundry outside.
(b) At work.
(c) In another room.
(d) In the shadows.
4. When the old woman tells her tale in Chapter 10, what does she say that Maggie asks Pete?
(a) If she could live with him.
(b) When she would see him again.
(c) If he loved her.
(d) If he would marry her.
5. Who does Jimmie meet on the street when he leaves the apartment?
(a) A friend.
(c) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
2. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
3. What does Jimmie do when Maggie cries out to him?
4. What is Pete's occupation?
5. What does the old woman say is Pete's response to Maggie's question?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)