|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jimmie passes the group of women in the dark hallway, about whom are they talking?
(d) The old woman.
2. Who comes into the apartment to stare at Maggie when she comes home?
(a) The women and children of Rum Alley.
(b) The men of Rum Alley.
(c) The old woman.
(d) The police.
3. Where is Maggie employed for her first job?
(a) A collar and cuff factory.
(b) A linen factory.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A dressmaker's shop.
4. What has been done to the apartment when Jimmie arrives home from work?
(a) It has been tidied up.
(b) It is beautiful and spotless.
(c) It is dirty and smelly.
(d) It has been completely trashed.
5. Who is the new head of the Johnson family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maggie go to spend the night at the end of Chapter 15?
2. When Pete reappears in the story, where does he promise to take Jimmie?
3. What two things set Pete apart from the Rum Alley tenement crowd?
4. When the old woman tells her tale in Chapter 10, what does she say that Maggie asks Pete?
5. Where is Maggie while Pete and Jimmie exchange tales of valor in Chapter 5?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)