1. In the opening scene of Chapter 1, what are the boys throwing at each other?
2. Which two groups of boys are involved in the opening street fight?
(a) The Black Door boys and the Devil's Row boys.
(b) The Evil's Row boys and the Rum Alley boys.
(c) The Rum Alley boys and the Black Door boys.
(d) The Rum Alley boys and the Devil's Row boys.
3. What is Jimmie standing on as he curses his opponents in the street fight?
(a) An overturned bucket.
(b) An old apple crate.
(c) A pile of scrap lumber.
(d) A heap of gravel.
4. Which boy ends up a bloody mess at the conclusion of the street fight?
(a) Blue Billie.
5. Which group of boys is winning the street fight before it is broken up?
(a) The Rum Alley boys.
(b) The Evil's Row boys.
(c) The Devil's Row boys.
(d) The Black Door boys.
This section contains 4,164 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)