|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about M. Pujol's neck surprises Madeleine?
(a) The hair is soft like that of a young boy's neck.
(b) The hair is absent from his neck.
(c) The hair is akin to a caterpillar's body.
(d) The hair is a different color.
2. What happened to the fish in the widow's pond after it was struck by lightning?
(a) It was turned black.
(b) It was electrified.
(c) It was killed.
(d) It was drained of color.
3. Who reveals to Madeline where M. Pujol has gone to?
4. Why does Madeline doubt the photograph she sees of herself paddling M. Pujol?
(a) She thinks the photograph looks fake.
(b) She thinks the photograph is skewed.
(c) She thinks the girl in the photograph is too beautiful.
(d) She thinks the girl in the photograph is too sulky.
5. Who does Mother want Madeleine to be married off to?
(a) M. Jouy.
(c) The Director.
(d) M. Pujol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of M. Pujol's past love who attended sixteen of his performances?
2. What does Madeleine do to the person who comes to help her emulate rain?
3. What attitude does the widow have toward Madeleine when she takes her into her chamber?
4. When does Madeleine like to sleep outside?
5. Who does Madeleine think M. Pujol looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does M. Pujol feel about being paddled by Madeleine?
2. For what reasons does Adrien want to change the name of M. Pujol's photograph from Stupefaction to Revulsion?
3. Describe Mother's plan to break M. Jouy out of the hospital.
4. How do Sophie and Beatrice communicate in code while in church?
5. Why do Madeleine and Adrien travel to the Institute for the Study of Aberrant Behaviors and Conditions? Who is there?
6. Why does Adrien join Madeleine in showering M. Pujol's caravan with gravel?
7. Describe Adrien's best efforts to scare the patient he is supposed to photograph for his piece entitled "Terror!"
8. Who is Hugh?
9. Why does Madeleine gather gravel to drop on top of M. Pujol's caravan?
10. Why does Madeleine insist that it is not her in the picture paddling M. Pujol?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)