|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In M. Pujol's story, what type of fish is eating all of the other fish in the pond?
(a) A carp.
(b) A beta.
(c) A gar.
(d) A catfish.
2. Who does M. Pujol see quarreling behind the bushes?
(a) Adrien and Marguerite.
(b) Madeleine and Adrien.
(c) Adrien and Charlotte.
(d) Madeleine and Marguerite.
3. What happened to M. Pujol's past love that separated the two?
(a) He was married off to a woman.
(b) He died in the last war.
(c) He took ill and shunned M. Pujol.
(d) He took off with another fellow.
4. Who was hiding in the reeds while M. Pujol told his story about the widow's pond?
5. The mayor is what kind of father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which objects do Beatrice and Sophie use to communicate secretly while in church?
2. Who does Madeleine think M. Pujol looks like?
3. What is wrong with Emma's fingers?
4. What is one of the ways Madeleine imagines escaping the hospital?
5. What does Madeline use to emulate the sound of rain on M. Pujol's caravan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does M. Pujol feel about being paddled by Madeleine?
2. Why does Adrien join Madeleine in showering M. Pujol's caravan with gravel?
3. How does the Mayor and his eldest daughter treat Mother when she visits their house? Why?
4. How does the widow feel when she sees Madeleine and Adrien tangled together beneath the bushes?
5. Why does Madeleine gather gravel to drop on top of M. Pujol's caravan?
6. Why does Madeleine insist that it is not her in the picture paddling M. Pujol?
7. Why does the Mayor think his youngest daughter has unusual, childish hands?
8. Why does Madeleine's sleeping form begin to develop bruises?
9. Why do Madeleine and Adrien travel to the Institute for the Study of Aberrant Behaviors and Conditions? Who is there?
10. What does Madeleine see M. Pujol and Adiren doing when she is hiding behind the curtain?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)