|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mother want Madeleine to be married off to?
(a) M. Pujol.
(b) M. Jouy.
(d) The Director.
2. Who suffers the most from Adrien's clumsiness?
(b) M. Pujol.
3. Which three words occur to Madeleine while she is conferring with Adrien about M. Pujol?
(a) Jasmine. Light. Ring.
(b) Orchard. Swallow. Bell.
(c) Blossom. Fragrant. Lovely.
(d) Fruit. Ripe. Sweet.
4. What does Madeline use to emulate the sound of rain on M. Pujol's caravan?
5. What about M. Pujol's neck surprises Madeleine?
(a) The hair is akin to a caterpillar's body.
(b) The hair is a different color.
(c) The hair is soft like that of a young boy's neck.
(d) The hair is absent from his neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madeleine become angry with the widow?
2. In M. Pujol's story, what type of fish is eating all of the other fish in the pond?
3. Why does M. Pujol refuse to flee the hospital with Madeleine and Adrien?
4. What type of toast does Madeleine eat while visiting the widow in her chambers?
5. What is the title of Adrien's first photograph for The Director?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mother's plan to break M. Jouy out of the hospital.
2. Why does Mother blame Madeleine for her troubles with the town's people?
3. For what reasons does Adrien want to change the name of M. Pujol's photograph from Stupefaction to Revulsion?
4. What does Madeleine see M. Pujol and Adiren doing when she is hiding behind the curtain?
5. Why does Adrien join Madeleine in showering M. Pujol's caravan with gravel?
6. Why does Madeleine's sleeping form begin to develop bruises?
7. How does the Mayor and his eldest daughter treat Mother when she visits their house? Why?
8. Why does Madeleine insist that it is not her in the picture paddling M. Pujol?
9. Why does M. Pujol tell Madeleine the story of the widow and the carp?
10. How does M. Pujol feel about being paddled by Madeleine?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)