|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Charlotte sad as she plays along with M. Pujol's cries during the night?
(a) She misses her husband.
(b) She misses her home.
(c) She misses her father.
(d) She misses her viol.
2. Who tells Madeleine to watch M. Jouy's face when it crumples?
3. What is wrong with M. Jouy?
(a) He is a half-wit.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is sick.
4. Who becomes Charlotte's only friend?
(b) The viol.
(c) M. Marais.
5. Who does Charlotte marry?
(a) No one.
(b) M. Marais.
(c) M. Pujol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the impostor that wipes Madeleine's skin with rosewater?
2. What does Matilda say her droppings smell like?
3. Who from Madeleine's household climbs the trellis of the house to meet Matilda as she arrives?
4. Who is Madeleine?
5. What is Mother's heirloom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Saint Michel wish to be beaten and punished?
2. Who is Madeleine?
3. Who is M. Pujol?
4. Who is the widow?
5. Why is Madeleine disappointed in the gypsy camp?
6. Why does M. Pujol cry and make mournful sounds in his sleep?
7. How does Madeleine feels about her impairment when she is in the convent in Paris?
8. How does M. Pujol feel about posing for the old widow?
9. What does Mother do with all of the fruit Madeleine dreams up?
10. How does Madeleine feel about M. Pujol by the end of Part One?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)