|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders a new viol?
(a) M. Marais.
2. What do the children in town throw at Matilda as she passes?
3. How many girls live in the convent in Paris Madeleine dreams of?
4. What punishment does Madeleine receive for playing her game with M. Jouy?
(a) Her hands are thrust into a pot of boiling lye.
(b) Her fingers are cut off.
(c) Her hair is cut very short.
(d) Her feet are scalded with a hot poker.
5. What does Mother use to line her pots of preserves?
(c) Wrapping paper.
(d) Tissue paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the cows give when Madeleine sleeps?
2. Who does Madeleine grip and fondle in her dream?
3. What gift does M. Jouy give to Madeleine on Christmas Day?
4. Who does Mother ask for help from when trying to decipher Madeleine's behavior?
5. Who does Charlotte marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Marguerite?
2. How does M. Pujol feel about posing for the old widow?
3. How does Madeleine feel about M. Pujol by the end of Part One?
4. Who commissions the viol and why?
5. Why is Madeleine disappointed in the gypsy camp?
6. Why does Jean-Luc climb the trellis attached to his house?
7. How did M. Pujol lose his place on stage? Who replaced him?
8. Why did Saint Michel wish to be beaten and punished?
9. What does Mother do with all of the fruit Madeleine dreams up?
10. Who is the widow?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)