|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed after the ball of string has been unraveled?
(a) Madeleine has shrunken.
(b) Madeleline is the same.
(c) Madeleine has grown.
(d) Madeleine has disappeared.
2. What object does Charlotte use to spy on M. Marais while he is undressing?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A window.
(c) A keyhole.
(d) A peephole.
3. How does Madeleine feel about her helplessness?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is neutral.
(d) She enjoys it.
4. Who does Charlotte marry?
(a) M. Pujol.
(b) No one.
(c) M. Marais.
5. What does Matilda say her droppings smell like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madeleine grip and fondle in her dream?
2. Why is Madeleine disappointed with the gypsy camp?
3. What does Mother say about scars?
4. How does Madeline let her siblings know she has run away with gypsies?
5. What toys does Matilda agree to retrieve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madeleine feel about M. Pujol by the end of Part One?
2. How does Charlotte feel about the viol?
3. How does Madeleine feels about her impairment when she is in the convent in Paris?
4. Who is the widow?
5. Who is M. Pujol?
6. Describe the physical attributes of Matilda. What is so special about her?
7. What types of things does Matilda record in her diary?
8. Why did Saint Michel wish to be beaten and punished?
9. What does Mother do with all of the fruit Madeleine dreams up?
10. How does Madeleine get separated from the girls at the convent?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)