|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jean-Luc and the boys in town act out and create a ruckus?
(a) They steal pots and pans and make noise with them.
(b) They storm town hall and assault the mayor.
(c) They run away from home hooting and hollering.
(d) They picks cherries from the neighbor's tree.
2. Which objects do Beatrice and Sophie use to communicate secretly while in church?
(a) Their hymn books.
(b) Their shoes.
(c) Their prayer books.
(d) Their socks.
3. What declaration does Madeleine make of the widow one night?
(a) That she is stupid.
(b) That she is blind.
(c) That she is deaf.
(d) That she is wise.
4. Who makes up the rules about visiting Madeleine while she is sleeping?
5. What type of fruit does M. Pujol offer Madeleine when he sees her standing outside in the sunlight?
(a) A papaya.
(b) A banana.
(c) A mango.
(d) A orange.
6. Why does Madeleine become angry with the widow?
(a) Because the widow says that she is like the abbott who punished Saint Michel.
(b) Because the widow says that M. Pujol does not love her.
(c) Because the widow says that Madeleine is good for nothing.
(d) Because the widow says that love is useless.
7. Who reveals to Madeline where M. Pujol has gone to?
8. Why does Mother's preserve business begin to struggle?
(a) The women of town have turned against her.
(b) The people of town have all moved away.
(c) The people of town are tired of her preseves.
(d) The women of town have opened their own businesses.
9. Who does Mother point to as the source of her trouble?
10. How much taller is Adrien than Madeleine?
(a) Five inches taller.
(b) Five and a half inches taller.
(c) Six inches taller.
(d) Six and a half inches taller.
11. The walls of the widow's chamber are the color of what?
12. What about M. Pujol surprises Adrien when he sees him at the hospital?
(a) His mustache has been shaved off.
(b) His clothing is in disarray.
(c) His posture has become bent.
(d) His hair has been cut too short.
13. Why does M. Pujol refuse to flee the hospital with Madeleine and Adrien?
(a) Because he hates freedom.
(b) Because he likes the hospital.
(c) Because he hates Madeleline and Adrien.
(d) Because he has no hope.
14. Who must take naps in the afternoon due to sleeping poorly at night?
(d) M. Pujol.
15. Who is The Director?
(a) The man who runs the hospital.
(b) The man who is in love with M. Pujol.
(c) The man who makes films of his patients.
(d) The man who stole M. Pujol and locked him in a cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attitude does the widow have toward Madeleine when she takes her into her chamber?
2. Who does Madeleine think M. Pujol looks like?
3. How is Madeleine dressed during the photography sessions?
4. Who is Emma?
5. How does the matron of the hospital feel about M. Jouy?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)