|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the ways Madeleine imagines escaping the hospital?
(a) Escape by costume.
(b) Escape by catapult.
(c) Escape by tunnel.
(d) Escape by violence.
2. What is the name of the hospital M. Pujol has gone to?
(a) The Hospital for the Weak and Feeble.
(b) The Institute of Mental Health and Life.
(c) The Institute for the Study of Abherrant Behaviors and Conditions.
(d) The Hospital for the Insane and Unstable.
3. What happened to M. Pujol's past love that separated the two?
(a) He took off with another fellow.
(b) He took ill and shunned M. Pujol.
(c) He died in the last war.
(d) He was married off to a woman.
4. Who does Madeleine find stuck up in a tree?
5. Where are the girl's found after they go missing from the village?
(a) In a field.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In an abandoned shack.
(d) In a bakery.
6. What type of fruit does M. Pujol offer Madeleine when he sees her standing outside in the sunlight?
(a) A orange.
(b) A banana.
(c) A papaya.
(d) A mango.
7. Who objects to Mother's marriage prospect for Madeleine?
8. Who does M. Pujol want to save from being beaten?
9. How much taller is Adrien than Madeleine?
(a) Five and a half inches taller.
(b) Six inches taller.
(c) Six and a half inches taller.
(d) Five inches taller.
10. Who does Mother use to break M. Jouy out of the hospital?
(a) No one, she did it solo.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Her children.
(d) The beggars of town.
11. Who was hiding in the reeds while M. Pujol told his story about the widow's pond?
12. How does the matron of the hospital feel about M. Jouy?
(a) She feels confused about him.
(b) She feels that he may have a bit of sanity left in him.
(c) She feels sorry for the insane man.
(d) She feels disgusted.
13. What type of toast does Madeleine eat while visiting the widow in her chambers?
14. When does Madeleine like to sleep outside?
(a) When it is cold.
(b) When it is hot.
(c) When it is sunny.
(d) When it is raining.
15. What declaration does Madeleine make of the widow one night?
(a) That she is wise.
(b) That she is deaf.
(c) That she is blind.
(d) That she is stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jean-Luc and the boys in town act out and create a ruckus?
2. What does M. Pujol plan on doing after he leaves the widow and the gypsies?
3. Who does M. Pujol see quarreling behind the bushes?
4. Who suffers the most from Adrien's clumsiness?
5. What is the name of M. Pujol's past love who attended sixteen of his performances?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)