|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madeleine feel about her helplessness?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She enjoys it.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She is neutral.
2. Who does Mother ask for help from when trying to decipher Madeleine's behavior?
(c) M. Pujol.
3. What does Charlotte take from the viol before she flees the estate?
(a) A piece of the wood.
(b) A string.
(c) A peg.
4. Who orders a new viol?
(d) M. Marais.
5. Who is the impostor that wipes Madeleine's skin with rosewater?
6. Who are Beatrice and Mimi?
(a) Madeleine's sisters.
(b) Two beggar children from town.
(c) Madeleine's cousins.
(d) Madeleine's friends.
7. Who is Mother?
(a) M. Pujol's mother.
(b) No one's mother.
(c) Madeleine's mother.
(d) Matilda's mother.
8. Who is Adrien?
(a) A photographer who works for the widow.
(b) A grocer who shops for rich women.
(c) A painter who paints sullen landscapes.
(d) A tailor who dresses Madeleine.
9. Who does Madeleine grip and fondle in her dream?
(b) M. Jouy.
(c) M. Pujol.
(d) Duke of Wurtemburg.
10. How does Marguerite feel about being replaced?
11. Mother says that only a saint's bones can smell like what?
12. Why does Mother wish she was slim and childless?
(a) So she could date men.
(b) So she could be a model.
(c) So her husband would love her again.
(d) So she could be free.
13. Who is Madeleine?
(a) A child who is lost in the woods.
(b) A young girl who has many brothers and sisters.
(c) A woman who flies.
(d) A woman who sings for money.
14. Why does Papa grow impatient at his orchard?
(a) Too much fruit litters the ground.
(b) Bugs litter the ground.
(c) Not enough fruit falls to the ground.
(d) The wrong fruit falls to the ground.
15. Who does Madeleine first dream of?
(d) M. Pujol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madeleine tell about her game with M. Jouy?
2. Who usurps Marguerite from her place in the spotlight performing?
3. Which character suffers from nightmares?
4. What do the cows give when Madeleine sleeps?
5. What do the hearts of the congregation turn into when Madeleine touches and blows on them?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)