|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hearts of the congregation turn into when Madeleine touches and blows on them?
2. What does Matilda grow on her back?
(a) An extra arm.
(b) A line of spikes.
(c) A set of wings.
(d) A tail.
3. What does Matilda record her scientific observations in?
(a) Her fat rolls.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her shoe inserts.
(d) Her scroll.
4. What object does Charlotte use to spy on M. Marais while he is undressing?
(a) A window.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A peephole.
(d) A keyhole.
5. What does Mother use to line her pots of preserves?
(c) Wrapping paper.
(d) Tissue paper.
6. What do the cows give when Madeleine sleeps?
(a) Sour milk.
(b) Double milk.
(c) Watery milk.
7. What does Mother say about scars?
(a) That they are beautiful.
(b) That they are remembrances.
(c) That they make a person wise.
(d) That they are ugly.
8. Why is Madeleine disappointed with the gypsy camp?
(a) The camp is too messy.
(b) The camp is too large.
(c) The camp is too clean.
(d) The camp is too small.
9. Who from Madeleine's household climbs the trellis of the house to meet Matilda as she arrives?
10. What do the children in town throw at Matilda as she passes?
11. Mother says that only a saint's bones can smell like what?
12. How does Madeline let her siblings know she has run away with gypsies?
(a) She writes them a secret letter in lemon juice.
(b) She leaves them a note on a piece of fruit.
(c) She does not tell them.
(d) She sends Matilda to tell them.
13. How did M. Pujol gain his gift?
(a) From a falling accident.
(b) From a swimming accident.
(c) From a hiking accident.
(d) From a biking accident.
14. How does Marguerite feel about being replaced?
15. Where does Marguerite travel and sing in?
(b) South America.
(d) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is M. Pujol's real name?
2. Why does Papa grow impatient at his orchard?
3. Why is Charlotte sad as she plays along with M. Pujol's cries during the night?
4. Who tells Madeleine to watch M. Jouy's face when it crumples?
5. Who does Madeleine grip and fondle in her dream?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)