|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with M. Jouy?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is a half-wit.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is deaf.
2. What is Mother's heirloom?
(a) A hand mirror.
(b) A pair of glasses.
(c) A soft tunic.
(d) A bone comb.
3. What punishment does Madeleine receive for playing her game with M. Jouy?
(a) Her hands are thrust into a pot of boiling lye.
(b) Her hair is cut very short.
(c) Her feet are scalded with a hot poker.
(d) Her fingers are cut off.
4. What does the gypsy mama use to cut apart Madeleine's dress?
(a) A razor.
(b) A piece of glass.
(c) A pair of shears.
(d) A knife.
5. Mother says that only a saint's bones can smell like what?
6. Who orders a new viol?
(d) M. Marais.
7. What do the hearts of the congregation turn into when Madeleine touches and blows on them?
8. Who is Mother?
(a) No one's mother.
(b) Madeleine's mother.
(c) Matilda's mother.
(d) M. Pujol's mother.
9. Why is Charlotte sad as she plays along with M. Pujol's cries during the night?
(a) She misses her father.
(b) She misses her viol.
(c) She misses her husband.
(d) She misses her home.
10. Who comes to kiss Madeleine?
(b) M. Pujol.
(c) A boy from town.
(d) A handsome man.
11. Madeleine says her hand looks like what after it has healed?
(a) A scallop.
(b) A paddle.
(c) A serving dish.
(d) A plate.
12. How does Marguerite feel about being replaced?
13. How does Madeleine feel when she sees her newly finished dresses?
14. Who picks Madeleine out from the crowd and wraps her in string?
15. What does Charlotte wish she had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Charlotte use to spy on M. Marais while he is undressing?
2. How many girls live in the convent in Paris Madeleine dreams of?
3. Who is Matilda?
4. What does Charlotte take from the viol before she flees the estate?
5. Who does Madeleine grip and fondle in her dream?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)