|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Madeleine disappointed with the gypsy camp?
(a) The camp is too messy.
(b) The camp is too clean.
(c) The camp is too small.
(d) The camp is too large.
2. How does Madeline let her siblings know she has run away with gypsies?
(a) She writes them a secret letter in lemon juice.
(b) She does not tell them.
(c) She sends Matilda to tell them.
(d) She leaves them a note on a piece of fruit.
3. How does Madeleine feel when she sees her newly finished dresses?
4. Who does Madeleine first dream of?
(b) M. Pujol.
5. Who tells Madeleine to watch M. Jouy's face when it crumples?
6. Who names the viol?
(c) M. Pujol.
(d) M. Marais.
7. Why does Papa grow impatient at his orchard?
(a) The wrong fruit falls to the ground.
(b) Bugs litter the ground.
(c) Not enough fruit falls to the ground.
(d) Too much fruit litters the ground.
8. What does Matilda say her droppings smell like?
9. How did M. Pujol gain his gift?
(a) From a falling accident.
(b) From a hiking accident.
(c) From a swimming accident.
(d) From a biking accident.
10. Who usurps Marguerite from her place in the spotlight performing?
(a) M. Pujol.
(d) Duke of Wurtemburg.
11. What does Matilda grow on her back?
(a) An extra arm.
(b) A line of spikes.
(c) A tail.
(d) A set of wings.
12. Who is Madeleine?
(a) A woman who sings for money.
(b) A young girl who has many brothers and sisters.
(c) A child who is lost in the woods.
(d) A woman who flies.
13. What profession is M. Marais?
(a) A painter.
(b) A minister.
(c) A musician.
(d) A doctor.
14. Which character suffers from nightmares?
(b) M. Pujol.
15. Who is Mother?
(a) M. Pujol's mother.
(b) Matilda's mother.
(c) No one's mother.
(d) Madeleine's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madeleine feel about her helplessness?
2. What does Mother say about scars?
3. What toys does Matilda agree to retrieve?
4. What punishment does Madeleine receive for playing her game with M. Jouy?
5. Who does Mother ask for help from when trying to decipher Madeleine's behavior?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)