|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Papa grow impatient at his orchard?
(a) Not enough fruit falls to the ground.
(b) Bugs litter the ground.
(c) Too much fruit litters the ground.
(d) The wrong fruit falls to the ground.
2. Who from Madeleine's household climbs the trellis of the house to meet Matilda as she arrives?
3. Who cleans up Madeleine when she menstruates?
4. Who comes to kiss Madeleine?
(a) M. Pujol.
(c) A boy from town.
(d) A handsome man.
5. How does Madeleine feel about her helplessness?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She is neutral.
(d) She enjoys it.
6. What is Mother's heirloom?
(a) A hand mirror.
(b) A soft tunic.
(c) A pair of glasses.
(d) A bone comb.
7. Who does Charlotte marry?
(a) No one.
(b) M. Marais.
(d) M. Pujol.
8. Who does Mother ask for help from when trying to decipher Madeleine's behavior?
(a) M. Pujol.
9. How did M. Pujol gain his gift?
(a) From a biking accident.
(b) From a hiking accident.
(c) From a swimming accident.
(d) From a falling accident.
10. Who is Madeleine?
(a) A child who is lost in the woods.
(b) A young girl who has many brothers and sisters.
(c) A woman who sings for money.
(d) A woman who flies.
11. How many girls live in the convent in Paris Madeleine dreams of?
12. Who tells Madeleine to watch M. Jouy's face when it crumples?
13. Madeleine looks beautiful while she is doing what?
14. How does Madeline let her siblings know she has run away with gypsies?
(a) She writes them a secret letter in lemon juice.
(b) She leaves them a note on a piece of fruit.
(c) She sends Matilda to tell them.
(d) She does not tell them.
15. What does the gypsy mama use to cut apart Madeleine's dress?
(a) A pair of shears.
(b) A razor.
(c) A knife.
(d) A piece of glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madeleine tell about her game with M. Jouy?
2. What object does Charlotte use to spy on M. Marais while he is undressing?
3. Which character suffers from nightmares?
4. Who is Marguerite?
5. Where does Marguerite travel and sing in?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)