|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with M. Jouy?
(a) He is a half-wit.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is deaf.
2. What does the gypsy mama use to cut apart Madeleine's dress?
(a) A razor.
(b) A knife.
(c) A piece of glass.
(d) A pair of shears.
3. Who orders a new viol?
(b) M. Marais.
4. Madeleine wants to become which of the following?
(a) A tumbler.
(b) A fire eater.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A clown.
5. What is M. Pujol's real name?
6. Why is Madeleine disappointed with the gypsy camp?
(a) The camp is too messy.
(b) The camp is too small.
(c) The camp is too clean.
(d) The camp is too large.
7. What does Matilda grow on her back?
(a) A line of spikes.
(b) A tail.
(c) A set of wings.
(d) An extra arm.
8. Who from Madeleine's household climbs the trellis of the house to meet Matilda as she arrives?
9. What does Matilda record her scientific observations in?
(a) Her fat rolls.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her shoe inserts.
(d) Her scroll.
10. What do the children in town throw at Matilda as she passes?
11. What does Mother do with all of the excess fruit from the orchard?
(a) She makes preserves, pastries, and apple butter.
(b) She sells the fruit for a good profit.
(c) She throws the fruit away.
(d) She turns the fruit into jam and bathes in it.
12. Who does Madeleine grip and fondle in her dream?
(a) M. Pujol.
(c) Duke of Wurtemburg.
(d) M. Jouy.
13. Which character suffers from nightmares?
(a) M. Pujol.
14. Who does Madeleine first dream of?
(b) M. Pujol.
15. Which saint does Madeleine dream of?
(a) Saint James.
(b) Saint Macarius.
(c) Saint Michel.
(d) Saint Anthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madeleine tell about her game with M. Jouy?
2. Why is Charlotte sad as she plays along with M. Pujol's cries during the night?
3. Where does Marguerite travel and sing in?
4. Who usurps Marguerite from her place in the spotlight performing?
5. What does Charlotte take from the viol before she flees the estate?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)