|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mother's heirloom?
(a) A bone comb.
(b) A pair of glasses.
(c) A soft tunic.
(d) A hand mirror.
2. Who is Adrien?
(a) A painter who paints sullen landscapes.
(b) A tailor who dresses Madeleine.
(c) A grocer who shops for rich women.
(d) A photographer who works for the widow.
3. Who tells Madeleine to watch M. Jouy's face when it crumples?
4. Who from Madeleine's household climbs the trellis of the house to meet Matilda as she arrives?
5. What does Matilda record her scientific observations in?
(a) Her diary.
(b) Her fat rolls.
(c) Her scroll.
(d) Her shoe inserts.
6. Who does Madeleine first dream of?
(a) M. Pujol.
7. What does Matilda say her droppings smell like?
8. How did M. Pujol gain his gift?
(a) From a swimming accident.
(b) From a falling accident.
(c) From a biking accident.
(d) From a hiking accident.
9. What does Charlotte take from the viol before she flees the estate?
(b) A peg.
(c) A piece of the wood.
(d) A string.
10. Who does Madeleine grip and fondle in her dream?
(a) M. Jouy.
(c) Duke of Wurtemburg.
(d) M. Pujol.
11. What does Matilda grow on her back?
(a) A tail.
(b) A set of wings.
(c) A line of spikes.
(d) An extra arm.
12. Who comes to kiss Madeleine?
(a) A boy from town.
(b) M. Pujol.
(d) A handsome man.
13. What object does Charlotte use to spy on M. Marais while he is undressing?
(a) A window.
(b) A keyhole.
(c) A peephole.
(d) A pipe.
14. What does the gypsy mama use to cut apart Madeleine's dress?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A knife.
(c) A pair of shears.
(d) A razor.
15. What does Mother use to line her pots of preserves?
(c) Tissue paper.
(d) Wrapping paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the impostor that wipes Madeleine's skin with rosewater?
2. What do the cows give when Madeleine sleeps?
3. Who does Madeleine tell about her game with M. Jouy?
4. How many girls live in the convent in Paris Madeleine dreams of?
5. Who usurps Marguerite from her place in the spotlight performing?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)