Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matilda grow on her back?
(a) An extra arm.
(b) A set of wings.
(c) A line of spikes.
(d) A tail.
2. Who is Matilda?
(a) The whore who lives in the village.
(b) The fat woman who lives in the village.
(c) The poor woman who lives in the village.
(d) The rich woman who lives in the village.
3. What does Charlotte take from the viol before she flees the estate?
(a) A peg.
(b) A string.
(c) A piece of the wood.
4. Madeleine looks beautiful while she is doing what?
5. How does Madeline let her siblings know she has run away with gypsies?
(a) She does not tell them.
(b) She sends Matilda to tell them.
(c) She leaves them a note on a piece of fruit.
(d) She writes them a secret letter in lemon juice.
6. What profession is M. Marais?
(a) A painter.
(b) A minister.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A musician.
7. Madeleine says her hand looks like what after it has healed?
(a) A scallop.
(b) A plate.
(c) A paddle.
(d) A serving dish.
8. Mother says that only a saint's bones can smell like what?
9. What does Matilda record her scientific observations in?
(a) Her shoe inserts.
(b) Her scroll.
(c) Her fat rolls.
(d) Her diary.
10. Which saint does Madeleine dream of?
(a) Saint Macarius.
(b) Saint James.
(c) Saint Michel.
(d) Saint Anthony.
11. What is Mother's heirloom?
(a) A bone comb.
(b) A hand mirror.
(c) A soft tunic.
(d) A pair of glasses.
12. Which character suffers from nightmares?
(d) M. Pujol.
13. How many girls live in the convent in Paris Madeleine dreams of?
14. What do the children in town throw at Matilda as she passes?
15. Who cleans up Madeleine when she menstruates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed after the ball of string has been unraveled?
2. What punishment does Madeleine receive for playing her game with M. Jouy?
3. What does Charlotte wish she had?
4. How does Madeleine feel about her helplessness?
5. Who names the viol?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)