|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Charlotte use to spy on M. Marais while he is undressing?
(a) A peephole.
(b) A keyhole.
(c) A window.
(d) A pipe.
2. What does Mother use to line her pots of preserves?
(b) Wrapping paper.
(c) Tissue paper.
3. Who is Madeleine?
(a) A child who is lost in the woods.
(b) A woman who sings for money.
(c) A woman who flies.
(d) A young girl who has many brothers and sisters.
4. Madeleine says her hand looks like what after it has healed?
(a) A serving dish.
(b) A plate.
(c) A paddle.
(d) A scallop.
5. How does Madeleine feel about her helplessness?
(a) She is neutral.
(b) She enjoys it.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She is sad.
6. Which character suffers from nightmares?
(a) M. Pujol.
7. Why does Mother wish she was slim and childless?
(a) So she could be a model.
(b) So her husband would love her again.
(c) So she could be free.
(d) So she could date men.
8. Madeleine wants to become which of the following?
(a) A clown.
(b) A tumbler.
(c) A fire eater.
(d) A dancer.
9. Who orders a new viol?
(b) M. Marais.
10. Where does Marguerite travel and sing in?
(a) South America.
(d) North America.
11. What does Charlotte take from the viol before she flees the estate?
(a) A piece of the wood.
(b) A string.
(c) A peg.
12. What toys does Matilda agree to retrieve?
(d) Hoola Hoops.
13. Who picks Madeleine out from the crowd and wraps her in string?
14. Which saint does Madeleine dream of?
(a) Saint Michel.
(b) Saint James.
(c) Saint Macarius.
(d) Saint Anthony.
15. Who usurps Marguerite from her place in the spotlight performing?
(a) Duke of Wurtemburg.
(c) M. Pujol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who names the viol?
2. What name is given to the viol?
3. What does the gypsy mama use to cut apart Madeleine's dress?
4. What does Charlotte wish she had?
5. What punishment does Madeleine receive for playing her game with M. Jouy?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)