|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marguerite feel about being replaced?
2. What is revealed after the ball of string has been unraveled?
(a) Madeleine has grown.
(b) Madeleine has shrunken.
(c) Madeleine has disappeared.
(d) Madeleline is the same.
3. Who usurps Marguerite from her place in the spotlight performing?
(a) Duke of Wurtemburg.
(c) M. Pujol.
4. Who is Madeleine?
(a) A young girl who has many brothers and sisters.
(b) A woman who flies.
(c) A woman who sings for money.
(d) A child who is lost in the woods.
5. What name is given to the viol?
6. Which character suffers from nightmares?
(b) M. Pujol.
7. How does Madeleine feel about her helplessness?
(a) She enjoys it.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She is neutral.
8. Who is Marguerite?
(a) A pianist.
(b) A singer.
(c) A composer.
(d) A jazz musician.
9. Who is Matilda?
(a) The poor woman who lives in the village.
(b) The rich woman who lives in the village.
(c) The fat woman who lives in the village.
(d) The whore who lives in the village.
10. Who does Madeleine grip and fondle in her dream?
(a) M. Pujol.
(b) Duke of Wurtemburg.
(d) M. Jouy.
11. What does the gypsy mama use to cut apart Madeleine's dress?
(a) A knife.
(b) A piece of glass.
(c) A pair of shears.
(d) A razor.
12. Madeleine looks beautiful while she is doing what?
13. Who becomes Charlotte's only friend?
(a) The viol.
(c) M. Marais.
14. What gift does M. Jouy give to Madeleine on Christmas Day?
(c) Door knobs.
15. How does Madeline let her siblings know she has run away with gypsies?
(a) She leaves them a note on a piece of fruit.
(b) She sends Matilda to tell them.
(c) She writes them a secret letter in lemon juice.
(d) She does not tell them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession is M. Marais?
2. What do the cows give when Madeleine sleeps?
3. What does Matilda say her droppings smell like?
4. Why is Charlotte sad as she plays along with M. Pujol's cries during the night?
5. What punishment does Madeleine receive for playing her game with M. Jouy?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)