|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of M. Pujol's past love who attended sixteen of his performances?
2. What does Mother do with all of the excess fruit from the orchard?
(a) She makes preserves, pastries, and apple butter.
(b) She throws the fruit away.
(c) She turns the fruit into jam and bathes in it.
(d) She sells the fruit for a good profit.
3. What does Charlotte take from the viol before she flees the estate?
(b) A peg.
(c) A string.
(d) A piece of the wood.
4. Who is Adrien?
(a) A painter who paints sullen landscapes.
(b) A photographer who works for the widow.
(c) A grocer who shops for rich women.
(d) A tailor who dresses Madeleine.
5. Where does Marguerite travel and sing in?
(a) South America.
(b) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madeline doubt the photograph she sees of herself paddling M. Pujol?
2. How does Madeline let her siblings know she has run away with gypsies?
3. Who does M. Pujol not want to leave behind when he departs the gypsies?
4. Mother says that only a saint's bones can smell like what?
5. How does Madeleine feel about her helplessness?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)