|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three words occur to Madeleine while she is conferring with Adrien about M. Pujol?
(a) Orchard. Swallow. Bell.
(b) Fruit. Ripe. Sweet.
(c) Jasmine. Light. Ring.
(d) Blossom. Fragrant. Lovely.
2. Why does M. Pujol refuse to flee the hospital with Madeleine and Adrien?
(a) Because he likes the hospital.
(b) Because he has no hope.
(c) Because he hates freedom.
(d) Because he hates Madeleline and Adrien.
3. Who does Charlotte marry?
(a) No one.
(b) M. Pujol.
(c) M. Marais.
4. How does Marguerite feel about being replaced?
5. Who does Madeleine first dream of?
(d) M. Pujol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with M. Jouy?
2. What do the hearts of the congregation turn into when Madeleine touches and blows on them?
3. What does Mother do with all of the excess fruit from the orchard?
4. What attitude does the widow have toward Madeleine when she takes her into her chamber?
5. Who does M. Pujol see quarreling behind the bushes?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)