1. Who is Madeleine?
(a) A woman who sings for money.
(b) A child who is lost in the woods.
(c) A woman who flies.
(d) A young girl who has many brothers and sisters.
2. Madeleine looks beautiful while she is doing what?
3. Who does Madeleine first dream of?
(c) M. Pujol.
4. Who is Matilda?
(a) The fat woman who lives in the village.
(b) The poor woman who lives in the village.
(c) The rich woman who lives in the village.
(d) The whore who lives in the village.
5. What does Matilda grow on her back?
(a) A set of wings.
(b) A tail.
(c) An extra arm.
(d) A line of spikes.
6. What do the children in town throw at Matilda as she passes?
7. What do the cows give when Madeleine sleeps?
(b) Double milk.
(c) Watery milk.
(d) Sour milk.
8. Who is Mother?
(a) M. Pujol's mother.
(b) Madeleine's mother.
(c) No one's mother.
(d) Matilda's mother.
This section contains 4,040 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)