|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the celebrity status ruin for Marie causing her to become depressed?
2. What is the only hierarchy that Marie allows in Brittany when she joins her children?
3. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
4. Where do the Curies go to escape the publicity?
5. How old is Marie when she makes her first trip to America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the author uses a combination of the omniscient point of view, which explains and interprets the historical background of the story, and the more limited third-person point of view? Do you believe this was a good strategy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Curies believed that their discoveries belonged to all of humanity. Do you agree with their decisions? Why or why not? Do you think modern scientists are as selfless as Marie? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What things did Marie's early strong foundation provide her that helped her later through the most difficult times in her life? Do you feel that her early life was helpful or harmful to Marie? In what way?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)