|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Marie make her last trip to Poland?
2. How does Marie appear to the public according to Eve?
3. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
4. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
5. Why do the professors arouse criticism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Marie change after Pierre died? How did his death affect the family? What allowed Marie to move on after Pierre's death?
Essay Topic 2
The Curies believed that their discoveries belonged to all of humanity. Do you agree with their decisions? Why or why not? Do you think modern scientists are as selfless as Marie? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the author's writing style helps make the most complex scientific achievements accessible to the reader. Is the description of the process an accurate representation of scientific discovery?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)