|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
2. What happened to Bronya's son?
3. What does Marie continue to suffer from?
4. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
5. How does Marie rest after she spends her day working at the laboratory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of patriotism developed throughout the novel? In what ways does Marie demonstrate patriotism? Do you think this is a strength or weakness of Marie? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, there appear to be different antagonists in Marie's life. Do you believe this is accurate? Do all people have different antagonists as they age and their life progresses? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What role did the Russian occupation of Poland play a role in Marie's young life? Do you think that she would have continued on with her discoveries had this oppression not existed? Why or why not?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)