Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
2. Where does Marie turn to find some emotional strength and support?
3. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
4. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of patriotism developed throughout the novel? In what ways does Marie demonstrate patriotism? Do you think this is a strength or weakness of Marie? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, there appear to be different antagonists in Marie's life. Do you believe this is accurate? Do all people have different antagonists as they age and their life progresses? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
A drive to pursue a single passion despite all obstacles seems to define many successful people. Write an essay describing the positive and negative aspects of having this type of drive. Do you believe you have this drive? Why or why not?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)