|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
2. What does the Royal Institution want with Pierre?
3. What look do Eve and Irene always associate with their mother?
4. What happened to Bronya's son?
5. Where was Pierre headed on the morning he died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marie rarely pays attention to her own health and in fact this lack of awareness ultimately kills her. What reasons do you believe Marie had for ignoring her own health? Do you think her decisions were wise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Marie's sense of honor and what role it plays in her character. Do you think Marie's sense of honor is something to be respected or something that was a weakness for her? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of poverty described and developed throughout the novel? Do you feel that Marie ever overcomes true poverty? Why or why not?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)