|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Marie the first person and only person to do?
2. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
3. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
4. As Marie aged into her fifties, how does Marie seem to change?
5. What do the reporters in America call Marie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did France treat Marie from the beginning to the end? Should she have stayed loyal to France? Support your answers with information from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What role did the Russian occupation of Poland play a role in Marie's young life? Do you think that she would have continued on with her discoveries had this oppression not existed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What things did Marie's early strong foundation provide her that helped her later through the most difficult times in her life? Do you feel that her early life was helpful or harmful to Marie? In what way?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)