|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Marie the first person and only person to do?
2. What is the only hierarchy that Marie allows in Brittany when she joins her children?
3. What paid position does Marie obtain at the end of the year?
4. Why do Marie and Pierre believe winning the prize has made them miserable?
5. What does Marie maintain despite the fact that she is growing weak and aging?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay critiquing whether or not this biography can be considered accurate since it was written by Curie's daughter. Do you believe it could be unbiased? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Marie rarely pays attention to her own health and in fact this lack of awareness ultimately kills her. What reasons do you believe Marie had for ignoring her own health? Do you think her decisions were wise? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do the many tragedies in Marie's life change her? Which tragedies affect her the most? Why do you believe these were the most important in her life?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)