|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
2. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
3. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
4. How does Jean Perrin describe Marie's ability to run the laboratory?
5. How do Marie's workers feel about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What things did Marie's early strong foundation provide her that helped her later through the most difficult times in her life? Do you feel that her early life was helpful or harmful to Marie? In what way?
Essay Topic 2
Some identify that Marie was a great woman more than a figure. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? Do you believe her gender is important? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
When writing a biography, the author must maintain accuracy while keeping the reader's interest. In what ways was this author able to keep the reader's interest? Do you believe this was a successful biography? Why or why not?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)