|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lesson that Marie ensured her children would learn?
2. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
3. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
4. How does Jean Perrin describe Marie's ability to run the laboratory?
5. How does Marie rest after she spends her day working at the laboratory?
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of patriotism developed throughout the novel? In what ways does Marie demonstrate patriotism? Do you think this is a strength or weakness of Marie? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
A drive to pursue a single passion despite all obstacles seems to define many successful people. Write an essay describing the positive and negative aspects of having this type of drive. Do you believe you have this drive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the author's writing style helps make the most complex scientific achievements accessible to the reader. Is the description of the process an accurate representation of scientific discovery?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)