|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What patent could the Curies obtain?
2. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
3. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
4. What are the "little Curies"?
5. What does Marie form for her children after her father-in-law dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did the Russian occupation of Poland play a role in Marie's young life? Do you think that she would have continued on with her discoveries had this oppression not existed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of patriotism developed throughout the novel? In what ways does Marie demonstrate patriotism? Do you think this is a strength or weakness of Marie? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is her celebrity status devastating to Marie? In what ways does Marie utilize her celebrity status? Do you approve of how Marie handled her status as a celebrity? Why or why not?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)