|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie begin to devote her time to establish in her role as a member of the International Committee on Intellectual Co-operation?
2. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
3. What news does Maire receive about her father?
4. What does the celebrity status ruin for Marie causing her to become depressed?
5. What tic does Marie develop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When writing a biography, the author must maintain accuracy while keeping the reader's interest. In what ways was this author able to keep the reader's interest? Do you believe this was a successful biography? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay critiquing whether or not this biography can be considered accurate since it was written by Curie's daughter. Do you believe it could be unbiased? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the author's writing style helps make the most complex scientific achievements accessible to the reader. Is the description of the process an accurate representation of scientific discovery?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)