|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
2. What does Marie typically do on Tuesday and Fridays?
3. What does Marie begin to devote her time to establish in her role as a member of the International Committee on Intellectual Co-operation?
4. What patent could the Curies obtain?
5. Why does Eve believe Marie did not provide her with the kind of discipline she may have needed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay critiquing whether or not this biography can be considered accurate since it was written by Curie's daughter. Do you believe it could be unbiased? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the author uses a combination of the omniscient point of view, which explains and interprets the historical background of the story, and the more limited third-person point of view? Do you believe this was a good strategy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did Marie change after Pierre died? How did his death affect the family? What allowed Marie to move on after Pierre's death?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)