|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What patent could the Curies obtain?
2. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
3. What paid position does Marie obtain at the end of the year?
4. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
5. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the many tragedies in Marie's life change her? Which tragedies affect her the most? Why do you believe these were the most important in her life?
Essay Topic 2
A drive to pursue a single passion despite all obstacles seems to define many successful people. Write an essay describing the positive and negative aspects of having this type of drive. Do you believe you have this drive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did Marie change after Pierre died? How did his death affect the family? What allowed Marie to move on after Pierre's death?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)