|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the celebrity status ruin for Marie causing her to become depressed?
2. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
3. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
4. What does Marie continue to suffer from?
5. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the author uses a combination of the omniscient point of view, which explains and interprets the historical background of the story, and the more limited third-person point of view? Do you believe this was a good strategy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of patriotism developed throughout the novel? In what ways does Marie demonstrate patriotism? Do you think this is a strength or weakness of Marie? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Some identify that Marie was a great woman more than a figure. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? Do you believe her gender is important? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)