|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie continue to suffer from?
2. What does Marie maintain despite the fact that she is growing weak and aging?
3. What does Marie specifically make time to do now that she had not done previously?
4. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
5. What patent could the Curies obtain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Marie's sense of honor and what role it plays in her character. Do you think Marie's sense of honor is something to be respected or something that was a weakness for her? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is her celebrity status devastating to Marie? In what ways does Marie utilize her celebrity status? Do you approve of how Marie handled her status as a celebrity? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What things did Marie's early strong foundation provide her that helped her later through the most difficult times in her life? Do you feel that her early life was helpful or harmful to Marie? In what way?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)