|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
2. What obscured Pierre's vision?
3. Which of the following characters is Marie's constant companion until married?
4. What is the only hierarchy that Marie allows in Brittany when she joins her children?
5. What does the Royal Institution want with Pierre?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the author uses a combination of the omniscient point of view, which explains and interprets the historical background of the story, and the more limited third-person point of view? Do you believe this was a good strategy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is her celebrity status devastating to Marie? In what ways does Marie utilize her celebrity status? Do you approve of how Marie handled her status as a celebrity? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Curies believed that their discoveries belonged to all of humanity. Do you agree with their decisions? Why or why not? Do you think modern scientists are as selfless as Marie? Why or why not?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)