Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
2. Where does Marie turn to find some emotional strength and support?
3. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
4. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
Essay Topic 1
The Curies believed that their discoveries belonged to all of humanity. Do you agree with their decisions? Why or why not? Do you think modern scientists are as selfless as Marie? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is her celebrity status devastating to Marie? In what ways does Marie utilize her celebrity status? Do you approve of how Marie handled her status as a celebrity? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Manya's life change as she moved to Paris? Why do you think she changed her name at this point? Do you think changing from Manya to Marie was critical? Why or why not?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)