|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
2. Where does Marie turn to find some emotional strength and support?
3. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
4. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of patriotism developed throughout the novel? In what ways does Marie demonstrate patriotism? Do you think this is a strength or weakness of Marie? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
The Curies believed that their discoveries belonged to all of humanity. Do you agree with their decisions? Why or why not? Do you think modern scientists are as selfless as Marie? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Marie rarely pays attention to her own health and in fact this lack of awareness ultimately kills her. What reasons do you believe Marie had for ignoring her own health? Do you think her decisions were wise? Why or why not?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)