|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "little Curies"?
2. What ultimately kills Pierre?
3. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
4. What paid position does Marie obtain at the end of the year?
5. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did France treat Marie from the beginning to the end? Should she have stayed loyal to France? Support your answers with information from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
When writing a biography, the author must maintain accuracy while keeping the reader's interest. In what ways was this author able to keep the reader's interest? Do you believe this was a successful biography? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do the many tragedies in Marie's life change her? Which tragedies affect her the most? Why do you believe these were the most important in her life?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)