|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
2. What does Marie do in her advancing age that is similar to when she was a young child again?
3. How does Marie rest after she spends her day working at the laboratory?
4. What does Marie's discovery cause to be re-examined?
5. What do the reporters in America call Marie?
Essay Topic 1
Some identify that Marie was a great woman more than a figure. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? Do you believe her gender is important? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
How did France treat Marie from the beginning to the end? Should she have stayed loyal to France? Support your answers with information from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
A drive to pursue a single passion despite all obstacles seems to define many successful people. Write an essay describing the positive and negative aspects of having this type of drive. Do you believe you have this drive? Why or why not?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)