|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
2. Why is Marie hunted and hounded by anonymous letters and threatened with violence?
3. Where do the Curies go to escape the publicity?
4. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
5. What news does Maire receive about her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the author uses a combination of the omniscient point of view, which explains and interprets the historical background of the story, and the more limited third-person point of view? Do you believe this was a good strategy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did France treat Marie from the beginning to the end? Should she have stayed loyal to France? Support your answers with information from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Manya's life change as she moved to Paris? Why do you think she changed her name at this point? Do you think changing from Manya to Marie was critical? Why or why not?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)