|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
2. Why is it surprising that the Americans donated another gram of radium to Marie?
3. What is the only hierarchy that Marie allows in Brittany when she joins her children?
4. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
5. What patent could the Curies obtain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is her celebrity status devastating to Marie? In what ways does Marie utilize her celebrity status? Do you approve of how Marie handled her status as a celebrity? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the author uses a combination of the omniscient point of view, which explains and interprets the historical background of the story, and the more limited third-person point of view? Do you believe this was a good strategy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the author's writing style helps make the most complex scientific achievements accessible to the reader. Is the description of the process an accurate representation of scientific discovery?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)