|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
2. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
3. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
4. What was Marie the first person and only person to do?
5. What does Marie have to endure as she grows older that she hides from her workers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay critiquing whether or not this biography can be considered accurate since it was written by Curie's daughter. Do you believe it could be unbiased? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Marie chose Paris over Warsaw. Do you think this was a good choice? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did Marie change after Pierre died? How did his death affect the family? What allowed Marie to move on after Pierre's death?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)