|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
2. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
3. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
4. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
5. What was the monument erected to represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when war breaks out?
2. What happens as Marie goes to the lab to work every morning?
3. Who is Casimir Dluski and what is this character suspected of doing?
4. Where does Marie go to live on her own and how much does she have to live on?
5. How does Casimir react to Marie's poor health and what do he and her sister insist on to help her recover?
6. Where does Marie now live and how does she spend her pension?
7. Whose research has Pierre been watching and what did that research yield?
8. Who influences Manya and in what ways does he influence her?
9. What method does Marie devise and what does she prepare the first of in regard to radium?
10. What is Mrs. William Brown Meloney surprised to find out about Marie's lab and what does she do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Marie chose Paris over Warsaw. Do you think this was a good choice? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do the many tragedies in Marie's life change her? Which tragedies affect her the most? Why do you believe these were the most important in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Marie's sense of honor and what role it plays in her character. Do you think Marie's sense of honor is something to be respected or something that was a weakness for her? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)