|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pierre's only focus when Marie and he settle into their first flat?
(c) Practicing medicine.
(d) Making a home together.
2. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(b) Below par.
(c) Average if not less.
3. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
4. Why does Marie need to get up very early in the morning?
(a) To pay the bills.
(b) To take Pierre to work.
(c) To do her own chores.
(d) To go to the market.
5. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
2. What is piezoelectric quartz?
3. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
4. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
5. What do the Curies have to now prove?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Monsieur Sklodovska represent?
2. How do Manya's employers treat Manya and how does Manya feel about the children and her job?
3. What happens when war breaks out?
4. Who influences Manya and in what ways does he influence her?
5. What does a typical day look like for Manya at this point in her life?
6. What does Marie do after she discovers that uranium and thorium are radioactive and what discovery does this lead to?
7. What happens as Marie goes to the lab to work every morning?
8. Who is Marie's constant companion until married and what happens to their relationship after the marriage?
9. How does Manya come to the conclusion that her plan was futile?
10. Where do Manya and Hela attend school and what kind of school is it?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)