|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(b) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(c) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
(d) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
2. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(b) She decides to move back with her father.
(c) She decides to abandon everything.
(d) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
3. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
4. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What does the Curies' doctor warn Marie of?
(a) Eating right.
(b) Taking more time to rest.
(c) Tubercular lesion.
(d) Baby's seizure disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has impeded the atmosphere at the schools in Poland?
2. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
3. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
4. What do the Curies have to now prove?
5. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles does Marie encounter when she goes to complete her education?
2. How is Pierre killed?
3. What method does Marie devise and what does she prepare the first of in regard to radium?
4. What does Marie create to help with the war and where does she get the funds for these projects?
5. What is Monsieur Sklodovska's profession and where do he and his family live?
6. Who is Casimir Dluski and what is this character suspected of doing?
7. What is a typical day like for Marie now that she is married?
8. What are Marie's plans after she passes her examinations and how do her plans change?
9. What discovery does Marie make about radium?
10. What do the students at Marie's school do that could be considered dangerous?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)