|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie eat regularly?
(a) Buttered bread and tea.
(b) Rice and broth.
(c) Beef and noodles.
(d) Water and noodles.
2. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(b) Social progress.
(c) Improving the individual.
(d) Self-guided principles.
3. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A tranquil courtyard.
(c) A train station.
(d) A small house on campus.
4. What is Manya's personal ambition?
(a) To study in Paris.
(b) To help her sister realize her dreams.
(c) To become a patriot.
(d) To help the poor.
5. What caused Pierre's career to suffer?
(a) His location in Paris.
(b) His attraction to Marie.
(c) His need to always be in control.
(d) His idealism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie discover?
2. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
3. Who did Monsieur Sklodovska follow in regards to his career?
4. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
5. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What method does Marie devise and what does she prepare the first of in regard to radium?
2. What is the history for Monsieur and Madame Sklodovska and how is their life currently?
3. Who is Casimir Dluski and what is this character suspected of doing?
4. What has happened to Marie's health and what caused these effects?
5. What realization do Marie and Pierre come to about their own needs and where do they think they can get it?
6. Why does Manya find her first experience as a governess to be an eye-opening one?
7. What is Mrs. William Brown Meloney surprised to find out about Marie's lab and what does she do about it?
8. Whose research has Pierre been watching and what did that research yield?
9. What killed Marie?
10. What happens when Marie is told that Pierre has been killed?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)