Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Curies' doctor warn Marie of?
(a) Eating right.
(b) Baby's seizure disorder.
(c) Tubercular lesion.
(d) Taking more time to rest.
2. What does Marie discover?
(b) Gamma rays.
3. Why don't the Curies buy large quantities of pitchblende?
(a) It is not safe to have large quantities.
(b) It is too rare.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is only found in Russia.
4. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
5. Who did Monsieur Sklodovska follow in regards to his career?
(a) His wife.
(b) No one, he forged his own path.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
2. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
3. What is the children's single focus at this time?
4. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
5. Why does Marie need to get up very early in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a typical day look like for Manya at this point in her life?
2. What marks Manya's adolescence the most?
3. What does Marie do after she discovers that uranium and thorium are radioactive and what discovery does this lead to?
4. What does Mademoiselle Mayer believe about Manya and what does she do to Manya because of this belief?
5. How is Pierre killed?
6. What happens as Marie goes to the lab to work every morning?
7. Where does Marie now live and how does she spend her pension?
8. Why is Pierre shocked that Marie has a dream to think about doing nothing?
9. What does Manya do when the Russian inspector comes to her school and how does it make her feel?
10. What is a typical day like for Marie now that she is married?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)