|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
2. What medical condition does Marie suffer from due to her diet?
3. What conclusion does Marie draw about the minerals she examines?
(a) There must be another element as yet undetermined.
(b) The radioactivity is limited to only uranium and thorium.
(c) They are not as strong as uranium.
(d) They all have their basis in thorium.
4. What happens during Marie and Pierre's second year of marriage?
(a) Pierre dies.
(b) He loses his job.
(c) She gets pregnant.
(d) Marie graduates from school.
5. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) The Russian imposition.
(b) Reading her books.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her father's loss of job and wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
2. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
3. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
5. How were Marie and Pierre introduced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Marie now live and how does she spend her pension?
2. What does Marie realize about herself in regard to her profession?
3. What is the history for Monsieur and Madame Sklodovska and how is their life currently?
4. What method does Marie devise and what does she prepare the first of in regard to radium?
5. What role does Marie continue to have in the lab?
6. Where does Marie go to live on her own and how much does she have to live on?
7. Who influences Manya and in what ways does he influence her?
8. What killed Marie?
9. What are Marie's plans after she passes her examinations and how do her plans change?
10. What takes up most of Pierre's times and how does this help with the support of his family?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)