|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
2. What caused Pierre's career to suffer?
(a) His need to always be in control.
(b) His location in Paris.
(c) His idealism.
(d) His attraction to Marie.
3. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
4. How are Marie and Pierre similar?
(a) Both are married to their work.
(b) Both like to be near their family.
(c) Both are from Poland.
(d) Both have sisters.
5. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
(a) Dancing with joy at the assassination of the Tsar.
(b) Studying subjects that were prohibited to girls.
(c) Speaking in Polish instead of Russian.
(d) Making fun of Mademoiselle Mayer behind her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
2. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
3. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
4. What does Marie eat regularly?
5. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Manya go to school and what is different about this school?
2. Where do Marie and Pierre settle after their honeymoon and how do they furnish their first home?
3. How does Manya come to the conclusion that her plan was futile?
4. What are Marie's plans after she passes her examinations and how do her plans change?
5. Why is Pierre shocked that Marie has a dream to think about doing nothing?
6. How is Pierre killed?
7. Where do Manya and Hela attend school and what kind of school is it?
8. What discovery does Marie make about radium?
9. What is Monsieur Sklodovska's profession and where do he and his family live?
10. What happens when Marie is told that Pierre has been killed?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)