|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
2. What do the Curies have to now prove?
(a) The similarities between radium and polonium.
(b) The differences between radium and polonium.
(c) The radioactivity of radium.
(d) The existence of radium.
3. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
(b) She decides to abandon everything.
(c) She decides to move back with her father.
(d) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
4. How do Marie and Pierre travel on their honeymoon?
5. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
(b) Physical science.
(d) Biological science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
2. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
3. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
4. Why don't the Curies ask the university or French government for a grant?
5. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
Short Essay Questions
1. What killed Marie?
2. What are Marie's plans after she passes her examinations and how do her plans change?
3. What does Marie realize about herself in regard to her profession?
4. Who is Casimir Dluski and what is this character suspected of doing?
5. What is the history for Monsieur and Madame Sklodovska and how is their life currently?
6. What takes up most of Pierre's times and how does this help with the support of his family?
7. What has happened to Marie's health and what caused these effects?
8. What is Marie appointed to and what does she publish?
9. How does Marie treat the German physicists after the war?
10. Who is Marie's constant companion until married and what happens to their relationship after the marriage?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)