|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do her employers treat Manya?
(b) With great respect.
2. Why does Marie need to get up very early in the morning?
(a) To do her own chores.
(b) To go to the market.
(c) To pay the bills.
(d) To take Pierre to work.
3. What does Marie decide to get her masters degree in?
(a) Physics only.
(b) Math and anatomy.
(c) Physics and anatomy.
(d) Physics and math.
4. What is Manya's personal ambition?
(a) To become a patriot.
(b) To study in Paris.
(c) To help the poor.
(d) To help her sister realize her dreams.
5. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the Curies buy large quantities of pitchblende?
2. Which of the following children is the youngest?
3. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
4. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
5. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Marie's one and only goal?
2. What do the students at Marie's school do that could be considered dangerous?
3. What marks Manya's adolescence the most?
4. What realization do Marie and Pierre come to about their own needs and where do they think they can get it?
5. What does the money that Pierre receives allow Pierre to do and what does the publicity bring Marie and Pierre?
6. What is Marie appointed to and what does she publish?
7. What happened to one of Manya's family members as a result of one of the boarders her family had to take in to make ends meet and what does this lead Manya to worry about?
8. What is Monsieur Sklodovska's profession and where do he and his family live?
9. How is Pierre killed?
10. What is Monsieur Sklodovska's new position and how does he feel about the position?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)