|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
2. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
(a) Throw stones at it.
(b) Salute it.
(c) Spit on it.
(d) Kick it.
3. Though their life becomes dull and monotonous, what does this encourage for the family members?
(a) Desire to look for freedom.
(b) Financial planning.
(c) Work and study.
(d) Familial bonds.
4. Which of the following children is the youngest?
5. What do the reporters in America call Marie?
(a) Savior of the sick and down trodden.
(b) Model for the female species.
(c) Traditional female researcher.
(d) Benefactress of the human race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
2. How does Marie appear to the public according to Eve?
3. Why don't the Curies buy large quantities of pitchblende?
4. Why don't the Curies ask the university or French government for a grant?
5. What does Marie do in her advancing age that is similar to when she was a young child again?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)