|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(a) Director of a reform school.
(b) Teacher of the poor.
(c) Director of boarding house.
2. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
(b) The river.
3. Which of the following characters is Marie's constant companion until married?
4. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(b) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
(c) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(d) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
5. What does the Curies' doctor warn Marie of?
(a) Baby's seizure disorder.
(b) Taking more time to rest.
(c) Tubercular lesion.
(d) Eating right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was one of Manya's classmates brothers hanged?
2. What does Marie discover?
3. What news does Maire receive about her father?
4. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
5. What does Marie call the second of the new elements she and Pierre discovered?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)