|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because she wants to forget her past.
(b) Because it is the French version of her name.
(c) Because she is starting a new life.
(d) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
2. Which is the most accurate description of the manner in which Pierre is walking on the day he died?
(a) With a purpose.
3. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
(a) Work more intensely.
(b) Hire a full-time nurse.
(c) Take more time doing nothing.
(d) Flee her family.
4. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
(a) Dancing with joy at the assassination of the Tsar.
(b) Speaking in Polish instead of Russian.
(c) Studying subjects that were prohibited to girls.
(d) Making fun of Mademoiselle Mayer behind her back.
5. As Marie aged into her fifties, how does Marie seem to change?
(a) She sufferes from serous health problems.
(b) She becomes more serene.
(c) She becomes more animated.
(d) She withdraws more.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Manya finish her secondary studies?
2. Why do Casimir's parents oppose the idea of marriage to Manya?
3. Which of the following children is the youngest?
4. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
5. How do the Curies pay for the residue of the pitchblende they receive from the mines?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)