|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What patent could the Curies obtain?
(a) The process for identifying radium.
(b) The mining of radium.
(c) The name for the treatment, radiation.
(d) The process for producing salts from radium.
2. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) Cars that haul the wounded.
(b) Equipped X-ray cars.
(c) Mobile labs that mine radium.
(d) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
3. How does Marie appear to the public according to Eve?
(a) An impressive orator.
(b) A brillant woman.
(c) A team player.
(d) A solitary figure.
4. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He is weak and unable to work.
(b) He has severe seizures.
(c) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
(d) He becomes mean and agitated.
5. How does Marie feel about going on without Pierre?
(a) That she must fulfill his dream.
(b) That she should take her own life to be with Pierre.
(c) That she must go on for her children.
(d) That it is impossible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is Marie's constant companion until married?
2. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
3. What is the children's single focus at this time?
4. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
5. What research is Pierre conducting that he abandons to help Marie?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)