|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie form for her children after her father-in-law dies?
(a) A room in the house specifically for them.
(b) A play yard near her lab.
(c) A teaching cooperative.
(d) A special memorial to her husband and father-in-law.
2. Marie continues on with her research despite what?
(a) Her lack of help.
(b) Her on-going grief.
(c) Her children's wishes.
(d) Her continued health problems.
3. What is pitchblende?
(a) A combination of radium and polonium.
(b) A polonium based metal.
(c) A uranium core.
(d) A radium core.
4. Who did Monsieur Sklodovska follow in regards to his career?
(a) No one, he forged his own path.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
(a) Writing her own books.
(b) Tutoring the peasants.
(c) Earning more and more money.
(d) Doing charity work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
2. How does Marie rest after she spends her day working at the laboratory?
3. What do Pierre's frustrations and poor health cause Marie to do?
4. As Marie aged into her fifties, how does Marie seem to change?
5. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)