|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is pitchblende?
(a) A polonium based metal.
(b) A uranium core.
(c) A radium core.
(d) A combination of radium and polonium.
2. What do the reporters in America call Marie?
(a) Model for the female species.
(b) Benefactress of the human race.
(c) Traditional female researcher.
(d) Savior of the sick and down trodden.
3. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
(b) They do not need the money.
(c) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(d) They were refused because Marie is female.
4. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
(a) She can not tolerate the rich.
(b) It does not pay enough.
(c) She finds no intellectual challenge.
(d) She cannot hide from the Russians.
5. What does Pierre discover about radiation?
(a) It destroys diseased cells.
(b) It is difficult to identify.
(c) It can be manufactored without radium.
(d) It is making him sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
2. How do Marie's workers feel about her?
3. What does Marie insist on after she reviews the documents presented to her by the President?
4. Where does this story open?
5. What does Marie maintain despite the fact that she is growing weak and aging?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)