|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
(a) Tutoring the peasants.
(b) Earning more and more money.
(c) Writing her own books.
(d) Doing charity work.
2. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
3. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
(a) His colleagues.
(b) Russian principal.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Russian Tsar.
4. What is Pierre's only focus when Marie and he settle into their first flat?
(a) Making a home together.
(d) Practicing medicine.
5. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
(a) She finds no intellectual challenge.
(b) She cannot hide from the Russians.
(c) She can not tolerate the rich.
(d) It does not pay enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Mrs. William Brown Meloney practice?
2. What is Manya's personal ambition?
3. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
4. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
5. Who does Manya begin teaching?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)