|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
(a) Because her father told her to do that.
(b) Because it is dangerous and takes away study time.
(c) Because she enjoys entertaining with her sister.
(d) Because she cannot participate in them.
2. What revives Marie's nature and fervor to return to work?
(a) Desire to find the answer.
(b) Love of small children.
(c) A new breakthrough.
(d) Husband's death.
3. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
(a) She is not speaking to her family.
(b) She cannot remember her symptoms.
(c) Because she cannot afford to treat her condition.
(d) To focus only on studying.
4. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
(a) Her new lab.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) Her patriotism.
5. Which of the following characters seems to be as despotic as Marie once was?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Manya find her own friends?
2. What is Manya's dream at this time in her life?
3. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
4. Why is it surprising that the Americans donated another gram of radium to Marie?
5. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)