|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
(c) Losing her mind.
2. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her new lab.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) Her patriotism.
3. How does Marie appear to the public according to Eve?
(a) A brillant woman.
(b) A solitary figure.
(c) An impressive orator.
(d) A team player.
4. What religion does Manya practice?
(c) Russian Orthodox.
5. Why do Marie and Pierre believe winning the prize has made them miserable?
(a) They have to leave their homes.
(b) They get no peace.
(c) They are no longer famous.
(d) They have to move on to a new research topic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie decide to pursue her doctorate in?
2. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
3. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
4. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
5. How are Marie and Pierre similar?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)