|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Move the family to Paris.
(b) Find a better house.
(c) Pay back Manya.
(d) Send Manya to school.
2. How does Marie appear to the public according to Eve?
(a) A team player.
(b) An impressive orator.
(c) A solitary figure.
(d) A brillant woman.
3. What does Marie do with the clothes Pierre was wearing when he was killed?
(a) She cleans them meticuously.
(b) She gives them to Bronya to get rid of.
(c) She cuts them into pieces for a quilt.
(d) She cuts them up and throws them in the fire.
4. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
5. Why did Monsieur Sklodovska lose his job?
(a) He wasn't subservient enough.
(b) He couldn't learn to speak Russian.
(c) He was caught speaking Polish.
(d) His wife became ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
2. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
3. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
4. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
5. What do the reporters in America call Marie?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)