|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
(a) A train station.
(b) A small house on campus.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A tranquil courtyard.
2. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
3. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(b) Radiation poisoning.
4. What does the Royal Institution want with Pierre?
(a) To give a lecture on radium.
(b) To head their research department.
(c) To teach at their institute.
(d) To get treatment for his illness.
5. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
(a) She has earned their respect.
(b) She goes out of her way to help them.
(c) They recognize her as one of their own.
(d) They see her for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Royal Society of London present to the Curies?
2. What are the "little Curies"?
3. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
4. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
5. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)