|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manya's dream at this time in her life?
(b) To become a physician.
(c) To study physics.
2. Where does Marie turn to find some emotional strength and support?
(a) Her father-in-law.
(b) Her colleagues.
(c) Her work.
(d) Her children.
3. What does Marie maintain despite the fact that she is growing weak and aging?
(a) Inhuman pace.
4. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
(b) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(c) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
(d) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
5. What does the Royal Society of London present to the Curies?
(a) Position at the university.
(b) Research grant.
(c) Nobel Prize.
(d) Davy Medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
2. How do her employers treat Manya?
3. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
4. What do Manya and Kazia do when they pass the monument in Saxony Square?
5. What was the monument erected to represent?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)