|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arouses Marie's competitive spirit?
2. What patent could the Curies obtain?
(a) The mining of radium.
(b) The process for producing salts from radium.
(c) The process for identifying radium.
(d) The name for the treatment, radiation.
3. What ultimately kills Pierre?
(b) Front wagon wheel.
(c) Horse hoof.
(d) Back wagon wheel.
4. What does Marie maintain despite the fact that she is growing weak and aging?
(a) Inhuman pace.
5. How does Marie feel about going on without Pierre?
(a) That she should take her own life to be with Pierre.
(b) That she must go on for her children.
(c) That she must fulfill his dream.
(d) That it is impossible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many elements do Marie and Pierre come to realize radioactivity is concentrated in besides those already identified?
2. Why is Marie able to find friends in the peasants of the village?
3. What does Marie begin to devote her time to establish in her role as a member of the International Committee on Intellectual Co-operation?
4. Where does Manya go to escape from her troubles?
5. What does Marie have to endure as she grows older that she hides from her workers?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)