|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie accuse herself of when in truth she simply needs to find some actual rest in her life?
(c) Losing her mind.
2. What patent could the Curies obtain?
(a) The mining of radium.
(b) The process for producing salts from radium.
(c) The name for the treatment, radiation.
(d) The process for identifying radium.
3. What does the celebrity status ruin for Marie causing her to become depressed?
(a) Her nerves.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her trust.
4. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
(a) A home in America.
(b) Her first grandson.
(c) A lab that Pierre would have loved.
(d) A radiology institute in Warsaw.
5. What does Marie collaborate with Andre Debierne on?
(a) Creating Pierre's dream lab.
(b) Preparing pure radium.
(c) Creating a home for her children.
(d) Preparing a new lab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political situation does Marie take an interest in?
2. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
3. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
4. How do her employers treat Manya?
5. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)