|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jean Perrin describe Marie's ability to run the laboratory?
(a) The most dedicated professional he has ever known.
(b) The most patient directer he has ever known.
(c) The best director he has ever known.
(d) The hardest working person he has ever known.
2. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) There are better research facilities.
(b) They offerred him a grant.
(c) It pays better.
(d) He and Marie move.
3. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
(a) She is the youngest in the class and therefore impressive.
(b) She is the most respectful to the inspector.
(c) She can tell lies perfectly in Russian.
(d) She speaks Russian perfectly and is knowledgeable.
4. What dream does Marie also come to realize in 1925?
(a) A radiology institute in Warsaw.
(b) A lab that Pierre would have loved.
(c) A home in America.
(d) Her first grandson.
5. What look do Eve and Irene always associate with their mother?
(a) A surprising, firm look.
(b) A destroyed, yet resolved look.
(c) A fragile, grief-stricken look.
(d) A strong and determined look.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
2. What does the committee started by Mrs. Meloney present to Marie?
3. What is one of Eve's earliest memories of her mother?
4. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
5. Why doesn't Marie go with Pierre to the Royal Society?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)