|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manya's personal ambition?
(a) To study in Paris.
(b) To become a patriot.
(c) To help the poor.
(d) To help her sister realize her dreams.
2. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
3. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because she is starting a new life.
(b) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
(c) Because it is the French version of her name.
(d) Because she wants to forget her past.
4. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
(a) She cannot remember her symptoms.
(b) Because she cannot afford to treat her condition.
(c) She is not speaking to her family.
(d) To focus only on studying.
5. Where does Manya find her own friends?
(a) Russian immigrants in Paris.
(b) The peasants of the city.
(c) Other Polish students in the Latin Quarter.
(d) Her sister's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marie look back on these years with her exhaustion and chronic worry about money?
2. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
3. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
4. What does the visit from the inspector make Manya more aware of?
5. Who is Manya's first romance with?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)