|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Pay back Manya.
(b) Find a better house.
(c) Send Manya to school.
(d) Move the family to Paris.
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Country wildflowers.
(b) Books read in isolation.
(c) Carnivals lasting several days.
(d) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
3. What is Manya's dream at this time in her life?
(a) To become a physician.
(d) To study physics.
4. How are Marie and Pierre similar?
(a) Both are married to their work.
(b) Both have sisters.
(c) Both like to be near their family.
(d) Both are from Poland.
5. What is Manya afraid she will never be forgiven for figuring out how to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Manya's first romance with?
2. Which of the children has gone to study medicine?
3. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
4. Where do Manya and Bronya dream of going?
5. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)