|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
(a) Her father's loss of job and wages.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) The Russian imposition.
(d) Reading her books.
2. How does Manya combat her discouragement?
(a) Doing charity work.
(b) Earning more and more money.
(c) Writing her own books.
(d) Tutoring the peasants.
3. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
4. What is Manya's dream at this time in her life?
(a) To become a physician.
(c) To study physics.
5. What does Marie eat regularly?
(a) Beef and noodles.
(b) Rice and broth.
(c) Buttered bread and tea.
(d) Water and noodles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
2. What is one of Manya, Aunt Lucia and Hela's favorite activities?
3. Which of the children died from typhus?
4. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
5. Which of the following isn't one of the words Manya picks up on from overheard conversations?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)