|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
(a) Because her father told her to do that.
(b) Because she cannot participate in them.
(c) Because she enjoys entertaining with her sister.
(d) Because it is dangerous and takes away study time.
2. What is piezoelectric quartz?
(a) A device used for measuring small amounts of electricity.
(b) A device used for clarifying the value of quartz crystals.
(c) A device to turn rocks into quartz.
(d) A device used to define the measurements of crystals.
3. What does Pierre study at the School of Physics and Chemistry in Paris?
(a) Crystalline physics.
(d) Scientific scales.
4. Which of the children died from typhus?
5. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
(a) Because she wants to forget her past.
(b) Because her sister who died used to call her that.
(c) Because it is the French version of her name.
(d) Because she is starting a new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Manya to experience her first revolt against the church?
2. Why is Manya always chosen to answer the inspector's questions?
3. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
4. Why did the Sklodovskas switch to education?
5. What has Marie ruled out of her life?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)