|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following areas best describes why Manya feels so depressed?
(a) Unfulfilled need to achieve personal fulfillment.
(b) Unfulfilled love and intellectual ambition.
(c) Unfulfilled financial obligations.
(d) Unfulfilled ability to learn in Paris.
2. What does Manya find the discussion at her employers' home to be filled with?
(a) Social change.
(b) Russian loyalty.
(c) Intellectual pursuits.
3. Why does Marie ignore all of her health issues?
(a) Because she cannot afford to treat her condition.
(b) She is not speaking to her family.
(c) She cannot remember her symptoms.
(d) To focus only on studying.
4. What does Marie decide to get her masters degree in?
(a) Math and anatomy.
(b) Physics and math.
(c) Physics only.
(d) Physics and anatomy.
5. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
2. Who is Manya's first romance with?
3. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
4. Why does Manya change her name to Marie?
5. How many years younger is Manya than her classmates?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)