|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Pierre's career to suffer?
(a) His attraction to Marie.
(b) His idealism.
(c) His need to always be in control.
(d) His location in Paris.
2. Who does Monsieur Sklodovska have an ongoing conflict with?
(a) His wife.
(b) His colleagues.
(c) Russian principal.
(d) The Russian Tsar.
3. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
4. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(b) Social progress.
(c) Improving the individual.
(d) Self-guided principles.
5. Why does Manya stay working as the governess with Casimir's family?
(a) She wants to convince them to approve of the marriage.
(b) The family asks her to stay to prevent scandal.
(c) She cannot bear to be away from Casimir.
(d) She cannot find another job that pays as much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manya describe her first post as governess?
2. What religion does Manya practice?
3. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
4. What medical condition does Marie suffer from due to her diet?
5. Which of the following isn't one of the words Manya picks up on from overheard conversations?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)