|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya begin to withdraw from the performances the Polish students have?
(a) Because it is dangerous and takes away study time.
(b) Because she enjoys entertaining with her sister.
(c) Because she cannot participate in them.
(d) Because her father told her to do that.
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term kuligs?
(a) Books read in isolation.
(b) Special dishes cooked for birthdays.
(c) Country wildflowers.
(d) Carnivals lasting several days.
3. How does Manya consider herself intellectually?
(c) Below par.
(d) Average if not less.
4. Which of the children died from typhus?
5. How do her employers treat Manya?
(b) With great respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Sklodovskass now live?
2. What seems to be always near the surface among the Polish intelligentsia?
3. How do the children earn their living as they finish school?
4. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
5. Where does Marie feel truly in her element?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)