|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
2. What patent could the Curies obtain?
(a) The name for the treatment, radiation.
(b) The process for producing salts from radium.
(c) The process for identifying radium.
(d) The mining of radium.
3. As Marie Curie reflected back on her life what did she indicate was necessary in order to build a better world?
(a) Improving the individual.
(b) Social progress.
(c) Self-guided principles.
4. How do the Curies pay for the residue of the pitchblende they receive from the mines?
(a) Their own savings.
(b) Borrowed money from their siblings.
(c) University money.
(d) Borrowed money from a bank loan.
5. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They do not need the money.
(b) They were refused because Marie is female.
(c) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(d) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Manya describe her successes with the peasants?
2. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
3. Where does this story open?
4. What does Manya experience as soon as she leaves her books?
5. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)