Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though their life becomes dull and monotonous, what does this encourage for the family members?
(a) Work and study.
(b) Desire to look for freedom.
(c) Familial bonds.
(d) Financial planning.
2. What is the main area that Manya has found her interest waning in since she arrived in Paris?
(c) Young men.
(d) Family relationships.
3. What religion does Manya practice?
(d) Russian Orthodox.
4. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(a) Director of boarding house.
(c) Teacher of the poor.
(d) Director of a reform school.
5. What does Manya find herself ecstatic with even though she has holes in her math and physics skills?
(a) Being close to her family.
(b) The sites in Paris.
(c) The lectures.
(d) The culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mademoiselle Mayer catch Manya and her friend doing that caused a great conflict between the two of them?
2. What does Manya indicate she feels for the first time when her father sends her to the country as a reward?
3. Where does this story open?
4. How do the words that Manya overhears make her feel even though she doesn't understand what they mean?
5. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)