Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie eat regularly?
(a) Water and noodles.
(b) Rice and broth.
(c) Buttered bread and tea.
(d) Beef and noodles.
2. What happens to Marie on June 25, 1903?
(a) She gives birth to her second child.
(b) She finds out her father is dead.
(c) She has a miscarriage.
(d) She is awarded her doctorate degree.
3. Why does Manya come to the conclusion that keeping a post in Warsaw is impossible?
(a) She can not tolerate the rich.
(b) She finds no intellectual challenge.
(c) It does not pay enough.
(d) She cannot hide from the Russians.
4. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he has money for her.
(b) That he is very ill.
(c) That he has died.
(d) That he is leaving Poland.
5. Why do the Curies decide not to patent their discovery?
(a) They believe that they will not earn respect.
(b) They were refused because Marie is female.
(c) They do not need the money.
(d) They feel it would be contrary to scientific spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Manya's first romance with?
2. What profession does Bronya's husband have?
3. How old is Manya at the beginning of this chapter?
4. Which of the children takes over managing the household once Manya's mother dies?
5. How many scientific communications do the Curies publish between 1899 and 1904?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)