|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he is very ill.
(b) That he is leaving Poland.
(c) That he has money for her.
(d) That he has died.
2. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) It pays better.
(b) There are better research facilities.
(c) They offerred him a grant.
(d) He and Marie move.
3. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He becomes mean and agitated.
(b) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
(c) He is weak and unable to work.
(d) He has severe seizures.
4. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(a) Radiation poisoning.
5. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
(b) She decides to move back with her father.
(c) She decides to abandon everything.
(d) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
2. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
3. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
4. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
5. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)