|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Bronya's son?
(a) He has graduated from university.
(b) He has moved back to Poland.
(c) He was hung by the Russians.
(d) He died of tubercular meningitis.
2. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
(a) Her first gram of radium.
(b) Her own sweat and tears.
(c) Her logs and notes.
(d) Pierre's memoirs.
3. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He has severe seizures.
(b) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
(c) He becomes mean and agitated.
(d) He is weak and unable to work.
4. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) Equipped X-ray cars.
(b) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
(c) Mobile labs that mine radium.
(d) Cars that haul the wounded.
5. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he is leaving Poland.
(b) That he has died.
(c) That he is very ill.
(d) That he has money for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
2. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
3. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
4. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
5. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)