|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) Her health deteriorates.
(b) Her family abandons her.
(c) She loses her position.
(d) She is unable to care for Irene.
2. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
3. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
(a) Her patriotism.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) Her new lab.
4. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he is leaving Poland.
(b) That he has money for her.
(c) That he is very ill.
(d) That he has died.
5. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to move back with her father.
(b) She decides to abandon everything.
(c) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(d) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
2. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
3. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
4. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
5. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)