|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he has money for her.
(b) That he is leaving Poland.
(c) That he is very ill.
(d) That he has died.
2. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
(b) Mobile labs that mine radium.
(c) Equipped X-ray cars.
(d) Cars that haul the wounded.
3. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) Her family abandons her.
(b) Her health deteriorates.
(c) She is unable to care for Irene.
(d) She loses her position.
4. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
(a) To return to Poland and fight for her home country.
(b) To sacrifice herself to save her children.
(c) To leave Paris and join her children.
(d) To stay in Paris no matter what.
5. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
(a) More scientific research.
(b) Portable X-ray machines.
(c) Cancer treatment.
(d) More radium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
2. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
3. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
4. What happened to Bronya's son?
5. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)