|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) Mobile labs that mine radium.
(b) Equipped X-ray cars.
(c) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
(d) Cars that haul the wounded.
2. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
(b) 2 million.
3. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
(a) The children have gotten married.
(b) She has decided to leave the position.
(c) The children finish their exams.
(d) The family can no longer afford to pay her.
4. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He becomes mean and agitated.
(b) He has severe seizures.
(c) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
(d) He is weak and unable to work.
5. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(a) Director of boarding house.
(c) Teacher of the poor.
(d) Director of a reform school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
2. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
3. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
4. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
5. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)