|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Bronya's son?
(a) He has graduated from university.
(b) He has moved back to Poland.
(c) He died of tubercular meningitis.
(d) He was hung by the Russians.
2. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(b) She decides to abandon everything.
(c) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
(d) She decides to move back with her father.
3. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
(a) Her own sweat and tears.
(b) Pierre's memoirs.
(c) Her logs and notes.
(d) Her first gram of radium.
4. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
(a) More radium.
(b) More scientific research.
(c) Portable X-ray machines.
(d) Cancer treatment.
5. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) She is unable to care for Irene.
(b) She loses her position.
(c) Her health deteriorates.
(d) Her family abandons her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
2. What are the "little Curies"?
3. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
4. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
5. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)