|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He has severe seizures.
(b) He becomes mean and agitated.
(c) He is weak and unable to work.
(d) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
2. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Move the family to Paris.
(b) Pay back Manya.
(c) Send Manya to school.
(d) Find a better house.
3. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(b) She decides to move back with her father.
(c) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
(d) She decides to abandon everything.
4. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
(a) The children have gotten married.
(b) She has decided to leave the position.
(c) The children finish their exams.
(d) The family can no longer afford to pay her.
5. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(a) Teacher of the poor.
(c) Director of a reform school.
(d) Director of boarding house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
2. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
3. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
4. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
5. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)