|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
(d) 2 million.
2. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
(a) Cancer treatment.
(b) More radium.
(c) More scientific research.
(d) Portable X-ray machines.
3. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
(a) Her first gram of radium.
(b) Her logs and notes.
(c) Her own sweat and tears.
(d) Pierre's memoirs.
4. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) It pays better.
(b) He and Marie move.
(c) They offerred him a grant.
(d) There are better research facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "little Curies"?
2. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
3. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
4. What news does Maire receive about her father?
5. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)