|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
2. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) There are better research facilities.
(b) He and Marie move.
(c) They offerred him a grant.
(d) It pays better.
3. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) Her health deteriorates.
(b) Her family abandons her.
(c) She is unable to care for Irene.
(d) She loses her position.
4. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) Cars that haul the wounded.
(b) Mobile labs that mine radium.
(c) Equipped X-ray cars.
(d) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
5. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
(a) More radium.
(b) More scientific research.
(c) Portable X-ray machines.
(d) Cancer treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
2. What news does Maire receive about her father?
3. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
4. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
5. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)