|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
(a) Her dead husband.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her patriotism.
(d) Her new lab.
2. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He becomes mean and agitated.
(b) He has severe seizures.
(c) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
(d) He is weak and unable to work.
3. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Move the family to Paris.
(b) Find a better house.
(c) Pay back Manya.
(d) Send Manya to school.
4. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to abandon everything.
(b) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(c) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
(d) She decides to move back with her father.
5. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(b) Radiation poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
2. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
3. What are the "little Curies"?
4. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)