|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Find a better house.
(b) Move the family to Paris.
(c) Send Manya to school.
(d) Pay back Manya.
2. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
(a) She has decided to leave the position.
(b) The children finish their exams.
(c) The children have gotten married.
(d) The family can no longer afford to pay her.
3. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he has died.
(b) That he is very ill.
(c) That he has money for her.
(d) That he is leaving Poland.
4. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
(a) Teacher of the poor.
(b) Director of boarding house.
(d) Director of a reform school.
5. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) Cars that haul the wounded.
(b) Equipped X-ray cars.
(c) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
(d) Mobile labs that mine radium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
2. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
3. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
4. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
5. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)