|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(c) Radiation poisoning.
2. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
(b) 2 million.
3. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) Her family abandons her.
(b) Her health deteriorates.
(c) She is unable to care for Irene.
(d) She loses her position.
4. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He is weak and unable to work.
(b) He becomes mean and agitated.
(c) He has severe seizures.
(d) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
5. What news does Maire receive about her father?
(a) That he has money for her.
(b) That he is very ill.
(c) That he has died.
(d) That he is leaving Poland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
2. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
3. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
4. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)