|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
(a) She has decided to leave the position.
(b) The family can no longer afford to pay her.
(c) The children finish their exams.
(d) The children have gotten married.
2. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
(b) Cars that haul the wounded.
(c) Equipped X-ray cars.
(d) Mobile labs that mine radium.
3. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
(a) Her own sweat and tears.
(b) Her first gram of radium.
(c) Pierre's memoirs.
(d) Her logs and notes.
4. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) She loses her position.
(b) Her family abandons her.
(c) She is unable to care for Irene.
(d) Her health deteriorates.
5. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Send Manya to school.
(b) Move the family to Paris.
(c) Find a better house.
(d) Pay back Manya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
2. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
3. What news does Maire receive about her father?
4. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
5. What happened to Bronya's son?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)