|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He becomes mean and agitated.
(b) He is weak and unable to work.
(c) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
(d) He has severe seizures.
2. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
(b) 2 million.
3. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
(b) She decides to move back with her father.
(c) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(d) She decides to abandon everything.
4. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
(a) They offerred him a grant.
(b) He and Marie move.
(c) There are better research facilities.
(d) It pays better.
5. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) Her family abandons her.
(b) Her health deteriorates.
(c) She is unable to care for Irene.
(d) She loses her position.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Joseph Boguski related to Manya?
2. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
3. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
4. What happened to Bronya's son?
5. What need does Marie recognize for as the war breaks out?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)