|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
(a) To stay in Paris no matter what.
(b) To sacrifice herself to save her children.
(c) To return to Poland and fight for her home country.
(d) To leave Paris and join her children.
2. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He has severe seizures.
(b) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
(c) He becomes mean and agitated.
(d) He is weak and unable to work.
3. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) Equipped X-ray cars.
(b) Mobile labs that mine radium.
(c) Cars that haul the wounded.
(d) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
4. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
(c) 2 million.
5. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
(a) Her logs and notes.
(b) Pierre's memoirs.
(c) Her own sweat and tears.
(d) Her first gram of radium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Maire receive about her father?
2. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
3. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
4. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
5. What happened to Bronya's son?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)