|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Move the family to Paris.
(b) Find a better house.
(c) Send Manya to school.
(d) Pay back Manya.
2. What happened to Bronya's son?
(a) He has graduated from university.
(b) He was hung by the Russians.
(c) He died of tubercular meningitis.
(d) He has moved back to Poland.
3. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to abandon everything.
(b) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(c) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
(d) She decides to move back with her father.
4. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her patriotism.
(c) Her new lab.
(d) Her dead husband.
5. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
(a) The family can no longer afford to pay her.
(b) The children finish their exams.
(c) The children have gotten married.
(d) She has decided to leave the position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Maire receive about her father?
2. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
3. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
4. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
5. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)