|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
(a) To return to Poland and fight for her home country.
(b) To leave Paris and join her children.
(c) To stay in Paris no matter what.
(d) To sacrifice herself to save her children.
2. What happened to Bronya's son?
(a) He has moved back to Poland.
(b) He died of tubercular meningitis.
(c) He has graduated from university.
(d) He was hung by the Russians.
3. What are the "little Curies"?
(a) X-ray machines delivered to new hospitals.
(b) Equipped X-ray cars.
(c) Mobile labs that mine radium.
(d) Cars that haul the wounded.
4. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
5. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He has severe seizures.
(b) He is weak and unable to work.
(c) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
(d) He becomes mean and agitated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
2. What did Marie donate to the lab that she does not want taken?
3. About how many of the "little Curies" did Marie personally create by the end of the war?
4. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
5. Why does Pierre take a position at the P.C.N.?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)