|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
(a) She loses her position.
(b) Her health deteriorates.
(c) Her family abandons her.
(d) She is unable to care for Irene.
2. What decision does Marie come to as the Germans continue to advance?
(a) To sacrifice herself to save her children.
(b) To stay in Paris no matter what.
(c) To leave Paris and join her children.
(d) To return to Poland and fight for her home country.
3. What happened to Bronya's son?
(a) He died of tubercular meningitis.
(b) He has graduated from university.
(c) He was hung by the Russians.
(d) He has moved back to Poland.
4. What do the doctors diagnose Pierre with?
(d) Radiation poisoning.
5. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
(a) Her patriotism.
(b) Her new lab.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her dead husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
2. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
3. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
4. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
5. What are the "little Curies"?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)