|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Manya make in regard to her life when Bronya invites her to Paris?
(a) She decides to move back with her father.
(b) She decides to abandon everything.
(c) She decides to go to Paris with her father.
(d) She decides to stay in Warsaw another year.
2. What does Bronya tell her father to do with some of the money her father has set aside?
(a) Send Manya to school.
(b) Move the family to Paris.
(c) Find a better house.
(d) Pay back Manya.
3. What happens when Pierre has an attack?
(a) He has severe seizures.
(b) He becomes mean and agitated.
(c) He goes into a stupor where he knows no one.
(d) He is weak and unable to work.
4. Why does Manya's work end at Sczczuki?
(a) The children finish their exams.
(b) She has decided to leave the position.
(c) The family can no longer afford to pay her.
(d) The children have gotten married.
5. What is Marie's primary reason for the decision she makes in regard as to whether to go or stay?
(a) Her new lab.
(b) Her patriotism.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manya enter for the first time during this time period in her life?
2. What are the "little Curies"?
3. Continuing the research themselves in their shed causes what to happen to Marie?
4. What news does Maire receive about her father?
5. What position does Monsieur Sklodovska accept after his retirement?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)