Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma call out for in her final moments?
2. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
4. How does Homais cover up Emma's suicide?
5. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
Essay Topic 1
Emma is looking for an idealized love that she quickly realizes is not to be found within a middle-class marriage. Describe Emma's ideal relationship. Who would be her perfect partner? Does such a person exist? Do you think Emma ever could have found happiness?
Essay Topic 2
Three characters embody the servant class in the novel: Justin, Félicité, and Mère Rollet. What are their roles in the novel? How do they interact with Emma? They are servants, but Emma also manipulates them to serve her own personal interests. Describe how she does this and what their reactions are to her both in life and in death.
Essay Topic 3
Homais can be considered both a hero and an anti-hero. Explain why giving examples for each view. How do you personally view Homais?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)