|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charles think Emma has gone?
2. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
3. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
4. Who does Emma call out for in her final moments?
5. Where does Emma sit that makes her think back on the important events of her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Homais can be considered both a hero and an anti-hero. Explain why giving examples for each view. How do you personally view Homais?
Essay Topic 2
Two times in the novel Emma contemplates suicide, and is successful in the second case. Why do you think she felt that she had no other options? What clues in her personality and behavior revealed that suicide would be an option to her?
Essay Topic 3
Emma, Charles' mother, and the first Madame Bovary are a study in contrasts. How do these three women compare throughout the novel?
Specifically comment on the following:
- What are the similarities and differences in their appearance?
- How do they treat the men in their lives?
- Compare and contrast their goals and ideals.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)