Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma call out for in her final moments?
2. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
4. How does Homais cover up Emma's suicide?
5. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
Homais can be considered both a hero and an anti-hero. Explain why giving examples for each view. How do you personally view Homais?
Two times in the novel Emma contemplates suicide, and is successful in the second case. Why do you think she felt that she had no other options? What clues in her personality and behavior revealed that suicide would be an option to her?
Throughout the novel, the middle-class is contrasted to the upper-class. Compare and contrast how Flaubert describes and characterizes these two groups using examples specifically from the two main events highlighting them: the ball and the agricultural fair.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)