Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma call out for in her final moments?
2. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
4. How does Homais cover up Emma's suicide?
5. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
In the speeches at the agricultural fair, the dignitaries often mention "duty" and Rodolphe scoffs. What are some meanings and implications of the word "duty"? How does the concept of duty play throughout the novel, specifically in the following ways:
- marital duty.
- duty to morality.
- duty to career.
Emma, Charles' mother, and the first Madame Bovary are a study in contrasts. How do these three women compare throughout the novel?
Specifically comment on the following:
- What are the similarities and differences in their appearance?
- How do they treat the men in their lives?
- Compare and contrast their goals and ideals.
Homais can be considered both a hero and an anti-hero. Explain why giving examples for each view. How do you personally view Homais?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)