|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By calling in an outside expert.
(b) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
(c) By bloodletting.
(d) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
2. What does Charles do when Emma becomes violently ill?
(a) He calls for other doctors.
(b) He sends for Léon.
(c) He sends for Abbé Bournisien so that she can confess.
(d) He is disgusted and leaves her.
3. What happens when the Bovarys arrive at the theater?
(a) They are too early.
(b) They run into Lhereux.
(c) They get robbed.
(d) They are late.
4. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
(a) At the cathedral.
(b) At Léon's office.
(c) At Léon's apartment.
(d) On a boat.
5. Who does Homais get into a religious debate with?
(b) Monsieur Lhereux.
(c) Abbé Bournisien.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
2. Who do Charles and Emma run into at the opera?
3. What does Emma want Charles to buy for Hippolyte?
4. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
5. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)