|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
(a) A week.
(b) 6 months.
(c) One year.
(d) 43 days.
2. What does Emma want Charles to buy for Hippolyte?
(a) Two wooden legs.
(b) A new horse.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A grave marker.
3. What does Charles do when Emma becomes violently ill?
(a) He is disgusted and leaves her.
(b) He calls for other doctors.
(c) He sends for Léon.
(d) He sends for Abbé Bournisien so that she can confess.
4. What happens when Emma asks Rodolphe for the money?
(a) He says he will give her half.
(b) He says he needs a few days to get it.
(c) He tells her she must earn it.
(d) He says he doesn't have it.
5. Why is Emma scrambling for money?
(a) She paid Rodolphe to keep their affair a secret.
(b) She gave all of her spending money to charity.
(c) She bought Berthe too many expensive toys.
(d) She has to pay off Lhereux.
Short Answer Questions
1. After suggesting a method of gaining more money for Emma, what does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell her?
2. What bad news does Homais break to Emma?
3. What does Charles do during Emma's funeral?
4. How does Emma try to recuperate from her illness after a talk with Abbé Bournisien?
5. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)