|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to consult with about gaining power of attorney?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(b) Monsieur Homais.
(d) Monsieur Lhereux.
2. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
(a) At the cathedral.
(b) On a boat.
(c) At Léon's apartment.
(d) At Léon's office.
3. What does Léon's employer suggest he do about Emma?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Break off the affair.
(c) Take her to Paris.
(d) Pay off her debts.
4. What is physically wrong with the beggar that Emma encounters on her way home to Yonville?
(a) He is covered with pestilent sores.
(b) He is missing his arms and legs.
(c) He has a hunchback.
(d) He is blind.
5. Why do they leave the opera early?
(a) It is too warm.
(b) They are tired.
(c) They have to meet friends for dinner.
(d) They need to catch their coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
2. Why does Charles suggest Emma stay on in Rouen without him?
3. What hobby does Emma decide to pursue again?
4. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
5. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)