|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
(a) She finds an old love letter from Rodolphe.
(b) She hears Rodolphe's voice.
(c) She passes a bench where she sat with Rodolphe.
(d) She sees Rodolphe horseback riding with another woman.
2. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
(a) A braggart and know-it-all.
(b) Conscientious and reliable.
(c) Known as being irresponsible.
(d) Often late for class.
3. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
4. Who do Charles and Emma run into at the opera?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(b) Monsieur Lhereux.
(d) Abbé Bournisien.
5. Who had written to Emma's father to inform him of her death?
(b) Charles' mother.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Emma and Léon meet when they are in the city?
2. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
3. What bad news does Homais break to Emma?
4. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
5. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)