|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais explain his religious philosophy to Abbé Bournisien?
(a) He believes in Protestantism.
(b) He is an Atheist.
(c) He is a devout Catholic.
(d) He admires Christianity.
2. What happens after Léon and Emma run into Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) Emma and Léon run off to Paris.
(b) Lhereux asks Emma for more money.
(c) Emma confesses her affair to Charles.
(d) Léon breaks off the relationship.
3. What does Charles do when Emma becomes violently ill?
(a) He is disgusted and leaves her.
(b) He sends for Abbé Bournisien so that she can confess.
(c) He sends for Léon.
(d) He calls for other doctors.
4. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
(a) On a boat.
(b) At Léon's office.
(c) At the cathedral.
(d) At Léon's apartment.
5. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
(a) He uses it as a gift for Hippolyte.
(b) Emma steals it.
(c) He gives it to Emma to help pay her expenses.
(d) He loses it in a card game at Homais'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles' mother decide to do after Emma's death?
2. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
3. Why does Charles leave Emma during the opera?
4. When he visits Emma in Yonville, where does Léon first meet her?
5. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)