|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(a) Charles' mother.
(c) Monsieur Homais.
2. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
(a) He has had an accident and broken his leg.
(b) He has a nervous stomach.
(c) He has a weak heart.
(d) He has a deformed foot.
3. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
(a) He gets lost.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) He gets confused while buying tickets.
(d) He gets into an argument with the coachman.
4. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
(a) Conscientious and reliable.
(b) A braggart and know-it-all.
(c) Known as being irresponsible.
(d) Often late for class.
5. What is physically wrong with the beggar that Emma encounters on her way home to Yonville?
(a) He is missing his arms and legs.
(b) He has a hunchback.
(c) He is covered with pestilent sores.
(d) He is blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma want Charles to buy for Hippolyte?
2. What event does Charles think will help Emma return to good spirits?
3. How does Emma explain her absence the night she doesn't return home?
4. What is the title of the book that Justin is caught with?
5. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)