|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles suggest Emma stay on in Rouen without him?
(a) To see another showing of the Opera.
(b) To catch up with Léon.
(c) To buy some new clothes.
(d) To settle some debts.
2. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
(a) Packed in a box of fruit.
(b) They leave them under a bench.
(c) Hidden in Charles' medicine bag.
(d) Folded into the pages of a book.
3. What is Emma's emotion when she leaves Lhereux after finding out about the impending auction of her possessions?
4. What does Emma threaten to do to her beloved piano?
(a) Donate it to charity.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Give it to Hippolyte.
5. What are Charles' specifications for Emma's funeral?
(a) She should be buried in her wedding dress.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) No expense is to be spared.
(d) She should have 3 coffins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Emma and Léon meet when they are in the city?
2. Why is Emma scrambling for money?
3. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
4. When he visits Emma in Yonville, where does Léon first meet her?
5. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)