|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Emma asks Rodolphe for the money?
(a) He says he doesn't have it.
(b) He tells her she must earn it.
(c) He says he will give her half.
(d) He says he needs a few days to get it.
2. Who does Homais get into a religious debate with?
(c) Abbé Bournisien.
(d) Monsieur Lhereux.
3. What happens when the Bovarys arrive at the theater?
(a) They are too early.
(b) They are late.
(c) They get robbed.
(d) They run into Lhereux.
4. How long after Emma's death did her father learn of it?
(a) A week.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days.
5. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(c) Monsieur Homais.
(d) Charles' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma explain her absence the night she doesn't return home?
2. After suggesting a method of gaining more money for Emma, what does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell her?
3. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
4. When he visits Emma in Yonville, where does Léon first meet her?
5. What bad news does Homais break to Emma?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)