|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Charles encounters Emma's supposed piano teacher, Mademoiselle Lempereur?
(a) She asks for more money.
(b) She says that Emma is a gifted student.
(c) She is not familiar with Emma's name.
(d) She reveals to Charles Emma's affair.
2. What does Charles request as a memory of Emma?
(a) A portrait of her in her death shroud.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) A last kiss.
(d) Her wedding ring.
3. Who does Emma call out for in her final moments?
(d) The blind man.
4. Why is Emma scrambling for money?
(a) She bought Berthe too many expensive toys.
(b) She paid Rodolphe to keep their affair a secret.
(c) She has to pay off Lhereux.
(d) She gave all of her spending money to charity.
5. What does Léon find on their boat ride that makes the boatman tell them about his previous customers?
(a) A silk ribbon.
(b) A love poem.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) A champagne glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
2. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
3. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
4. What happens when Emma asks Rodolphe for the money?
5. Why is Emma preparing for a trip?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)