|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
(a) She runs into Rodolphe.
(b) She has a letter waiting for her from Lhereux.
(c) Charles is waiting for her.
(d) She has missed her coach to Yonville.
2. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
(a) Hidden in Charles' medicine bag.
(b) They leave them under a bench.
(c) Packed in a box of fruit.
(d) Folded into the pages of a book.
3. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
4. What does Emma threaten to do to her beloved piano?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Give it to Hippolyte.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Donate it to charity.
5. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(b) By bloodletting.
(c) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
(d) By calling in an outside expert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
2. What happens after Léon and Emma run into Monsieur Lhereux?
3. What does Emma's father do when he arrives in Yonville?
4. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
5. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)