|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
(a) Known as being irresponsible.
(b) Conscientious and reliable.
(c) A braggart and know-it-all.
(d) Often late for class.
2. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
(b) Madame Bovary.
(c) Mère Rollet.
3. Who does Léon entertain that causes him to be late for a rendezvous with Emma?
(b) Monsieur Homais.
(c) Monsieur Lhereux.
4. Where does Charles think Emma has gone?
(a) To the church.
(b) To see Rodolphe.
(c) To Rouen.
(d) To see Monsieur Homais.
5. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(b) Charles' mother.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Emma and Léon meet when they are in the city?
2. What does Charles request as a memory of Emma?
3. Who had written to Emma's father to inform him of her death?
4. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
5. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)