|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(b) By bloodletting.
(c) By calling in an outside expert.
(d) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
2. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
(a) Her torn-up letter to Léon.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) Her veil.
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Murder him.
(c) Run after him.
(d) Tell Charles about the affair.
4. What does Charles do during Emma's funeral?
(a) He is aloof and without emotion.
(b) He rails against her character.
(c) He accuses Lhereux of causing her death.
(d) He tries to throw himself into her grave.
5. What does Emma threaten to do to her beloved piano?
(a) Give it to Hippolyte.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Donate it to charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
2. How does Homais cover up Emma's suicide?
3. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
4. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
5. What is physically wrong with the beggar that Emma encounters on her way home to Yonville?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)