Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma call out for in her final moments?
(b) The blind man.
2. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
(a) She runs into Rodolphe.
(b) She has missed her coach to Yonville.
(c) Charles is waiting for her.
(d) She has a letter waiting for her from Lhereux.
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Tell Charles about the affair.
(c) Murder him.
(d) Run after him.
4. How does Homais cover up Emma's suicide?
(a) He says she mistook arsenic for sugar.
(b) He says that she suffered from delusions.
(c) He says that she had a heart attack.
(d) He says she was murdered by Lhereux.
5. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
(a) New draperies and a carpet.
(b) Medical equipment for Charles.
(c) New clothes for Berthe.
(d) Furnishings for Léon's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
2. Who is absent from Emma's funeral?
3. Who visits the Bovarys and is shocked by Emma's behavior?
4. What does Charles' mother decide to do after Emma's death?
5. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)