|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(b) Charles' mother.
(c) Monsieur Homais.
2. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
(a) He uses it as a gift for Hippolyte.
(b) Emma steals it.
(c) He loses it in a card game at Homais'.
(d) He gives it to Emma to help pay her expenses.
3. After suggesting a method of gaining more money for Emma, what does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell her?
(a) New furniture for her living room.
(b) A new carpet.
(c) Fabric for a new mourning gown.
(d) New clothes for Berthe.
4. Why is Emma preparing for a trip?
(a) She has decided to run off with Rodolphe.
(b) She is going to Paris to meet Léon.
(c) She is bringing Berthe to stay with relatives.
(d) She is going to visit her father.
5. What hobby does Emma decide to pursue again?
(a) Horseback riding.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Painting portraits.
(d) Playing the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Léon and Emma run into Monsieur Lhereux?
2. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
3. Who visits the Bovarys and is shocked by Emma's behavior?
4. What is physically wrong with the beggar that Emma encounters on her way home to Yonville?
5. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)