|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
(a) He has had an accident and broken his leg.
(b) He has a weak heart.
(c) He has a deformed foot.
(d) He has a nervous stomach.
2. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Lie in the grass.
(c) Eat in a tavern.
(d) Go on a boat ride.
3. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(b) To make copies of them.
(c) To write them in code.
(d) To write them in red ink.
4. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given an award by the local medical society.
(b) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
(c) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
(d) He is given a large sum of money.
5. Who does Emma decide to consult with about gaining power of attorney?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(b) Monsieur Lhereux.
(c) Monsieur Homais.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma's father do after the funeral?
2. Who does Monsieur Homais encounter on his way home?
3. Who is absent from Emma's funeral?
4. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
5. Who visits the Bovarys and is shocked by Emma's behavior?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)