|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Monsieur Homais encounter on his way home?
(a) The blind man.
(c) Mère Rollet.
2. Why does Charles leave Emma during the opera?
(a) To get some fresh air.
(b) To get more money.
(c) To meet some colleagues.
(d) To get her a drink.
3. How does Emma's behavior begin to reflect her new, more daring lifestyle?
(a) She speaks openly of political and religious issues.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) She smokes in public.
(d) She begins wearing different fashions than she did before.
4. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
(a) He is in poor health himself.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He is getting his medical license suspended.
(d) He is having financial troubles.
5. On what day of the week does Emma visit Léon in Rouen?
(c) Every other day.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
2. What is Emma's emotion when she leaves Lhereux after finding out about the impending auction of her possessions?
3. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
4. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
5. What happens when Charles encounters Emma's supposed piano teacher, Mademoiselle Lempereur?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)