|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By calling in an outside expert.
(b) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(c) By bloodletting.
(d) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
2. Why does Charles leave Emma during the opera?
(a) To get some fresh air.
(b) To get her a drink.
(c) To get more money.
(d) To meet some colleagues.
3. What hobby does Emma decide to pursue again?
(a) Horseback riding.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Painting portraits.
(d) Writing poetry.
4. What annoys Emma about Charles during the performance?
(a) He keeps talking to her.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He leaves without her.
(d) He sings along.
5. What does Charles' mother decide to do after Emma's death?
(a) Take him to Paris.
(b) Move in with him in Yonville.
(c) Take him on a tour of Europe.
(d) Try to find him a new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
2. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
3. When he visits Emma in Yonville, where does Léon first meet her?
4. What is the title of the book that Justin is caught with?
5. How long after Emma's death did her father learn of it?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)