|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) He sues Charles and Homais.
(b) He recovers completely.
(c) He dies.
(d) His foot needs to be amputated.
2. What does Emma's father do when he arrives in Yonville?
(a) He immediately takes over the funeral arrangements.
(b) He demands to see Monsieur Lhereux.
(c) He gets into an argument with Charles.
(d) He faints.
3. What is the title of the book that Justin is caught with?
(b) Medicines and Poisons.
(c) Political Revolutions.
(d) Conjugal Love.
4. What are Charles' specifications for Emma's funeral?
(a) She should have 3 coffins.
(b) No expense is to be spared.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) She should be buried in her wedding dress.
5. Who is absent from Emma's funeral?
(a) Monsieur Binet.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Homais get into a religious debate with?
2. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
3. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
4. Who visits the Bovarys and is shocked by Emma's behavior?
5. Where does Emma sit that makes her think back on the important events of her life?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)