|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
(a) He lived next door.
(b) He had a friend at their hotel.
(c) He followed the Bovarys the night before.
(d) He asked Charles.
2. Who does Léon entertain that causes him to be late for a rendezvous with Emma?
(c) Monsieur Lhereux.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
3. What annoys Emma about Charles during the performance?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He sings along.
(c) He leaves without her.
(d) He keeps talking to her.
4. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
(b) Monsieur Binet.
(c) Monsieur Vincart.
(d) Abbé Bournisien.
5. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
(a) Move to a larger home.
(b) Take piano lessons in Rouen.
(c) Travel to Paris.
(d) Visit Rodolphe.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
2. Why does Charles suggest Emma stay on in Rouen without him?
3. What is physically wrong with the beggar that Emma encounters on her way home to Yonville?
4. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
5. How long after Emma's death did her father learn of it?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)