|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emma say she got the bouquet of flowers that Léon had given her?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(b) A beggar on the street.
2. What event does Charles think will help Emma return to good spirits?
(a) Visiting her father.
(b) Going to a party at Homais'.
(c) Seeing an opera at Rouen.
(d) Hosting a dinner party.
3. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(c) Monsieur Lhereux.
4. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
(a) He has a deformed foot.
(b) He has a weak heart.
(c) He has a nervous stomach.
(d) He has had an accident and broken his leg.
5. Why does Charles owe money to Monsieur Homais?
(a) To pay for new clothes for Berthe.
(b) To pay for the expenses incurred during Emma's illness.
(c) To pay him back for helping with Hippolyte.
(d) To pay off a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
2. Who do Charles and Emma run into at the opera?
3. What is the title of the book that Justin is caught with?
4. Why is Emma preparing for a trip?
5. What are Charles' specifications for Emma's funeral?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)