|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles request as a memory of Emma?
(a) A portrait of her in her death shroud.
(b) A last kiss.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) Her wedding ring.
2. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
(a) He has had an accident and broken his leg.
(b) He has a deformed foot.
(c) He has a nervous stomach.
(d) He has a weak heart.
3. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
4. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
(a) Move to a larger home.
(b) Take piano lessons in Rouen.
(c) Travel to Paris.
(d) Visit Rodolphe.
5. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
(a) He gives it to Emma to help pay her expenses.
(b) Emma steals it.
(c) He uses it as a gift for Hippolyte.
(d) He loses it in a card game at Homais'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma threaten to do to her beloved piano?
2. Who visits the Bovarys and is shocked by Emma's behavior?
3. How does Emma explain her absence the night she doesn't return home?
4. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
5. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)