|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
(a) By sending bills to Charles' patients.
(b) She asks for the remaining sum of Charles' squandered inheritance.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) By selling her things.
2. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
(a) Move to a larger home.
(b) Travel to Paris.
(c) Take piano lessons in Rouen.
(d) Visit Rodolphe.
3. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
(a) It is drawn by only one horse.
(b) They are riding up front with the coachman.
(c) It is stopped all day by the river.
(d) The blinds are drawn.
4. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(d) Monsieur Lhereux.
5. What is the title of the book that Justin is caught with?
(a) Medicines and Poisons.
(b) Conjugal Love.
(d) Political Revolutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
2. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
3. When he visits Emma in Yonville, where does Léon first meet her?
4. What happens when Charles encounters Emma's supposed piano teacher, Mademoiselle Lempereur?
5. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)