|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Monsieur Homais encounter on his way home?
(b) Mère Rollet.
(d) The blind man.
2. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given a large sum of money.
(b) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
(c) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
(d) He is given an award by the local medical society.
3. How does Emma's behavior begin to reflect her new, more daring lifestyle?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She speaks openly of political and religious issues.
(c) She begins wearing different fashions than she did before.
(d) She smokes in public.
4. Who does Homais get into a religious debate with?
(b) Monsieur Lhereux.
(d) Abbé Bournisien.
5. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
(a) Visit Rodolphe.
(b) Move to a larger home.
(c) Travel to Paris.
(d) Take piano lessons in Rouen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma call out for in her final moments?
2. How does Homais cover up Emma's suicide?
3. What happens when Emma asks Rodolphe for the money?
4. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
5. What does Léon find on their boat ride that makes the boatman tell them about his previous customers?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)