|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Emma's death did her father learn of it?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) A week.
(d) 24 hours.
2. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
(a) Go on a boat ride.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Eat in a tavern.
(d) Lie in the grass.
3. Where does Charles think Emma has gone?
(a) To see Monsieur Homais.
(b) To see Rodolphe.
(c) To Rouen.
(d) To the church.
4. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given a large sum of money.
(b) He is given an award by the local medical society.
(c) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
(d) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
5. Who does Léon entertain that causes him to be late for a rendezvous with Emma?
(b) Monsieur Lhereux.
(c) Monsieur Homais.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
2. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
3. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
4. What does Emma tell Justin she needs the arsenic for?
5. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)