|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the book that Justin is caught with?
(a) Political Revolutions.
(b) Conjugal Love.
(d) Medicines and Poisons.
2. Who do Charles and Emma run into at the opera?
(b) Abbé Bournisien.
(c) Monsieur Lhereux.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
3. Who does Léon entertain that causes him to be late for a rendezvous with Emma?
(c) Monsieur Homais.
(d) Monsieur Lhereux.
4. Where does Charles think Emma has gone?
(a) To Rouen.
(b) To the church.
(c) To see Rodolphe.
(d) To see Monsieur Homais.
5. Why does Charles suggest Emma stay on in Rouen without him?
(a) To buy some new clothes.
(b) To see another showing of the Opera.
(c) To catch up with Léon.
(d) To settle some debts.
6. What does Charles' mother decide to do after Emma's death?
(a) Take him to Paris.
(b) Move in with him in Yonville.
(c) Try to find him a new wife.
(d) Take him on a tour of Europe.
7. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
(b) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(c) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(d) Because he is the boy's uncle.
8. Where does Emma say she got the bouquet of flowers that Léon had given her?
(a) A beggar on the street.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
9. Why is Emma preparing for a trip?
(a) She has decided to run off with Rodolphe.
(b) She is going to Paris to meet Léon.
(c) She is going to visit her father.
(d) She is bringing Berthe to stay with relatives.
10. Why is Emma scrambling for money?
(a) She bought Berthe too many expensive toys.
(b) She has to pay off Lhereux.
(c) She paid Rodolphe to keep their affair a secret.
(d) She gave all of her spending money to charity.
11. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
(a) She has missed her coach to Yonville.
(b) Charles is waiting for her.
(c) She runs into Rodolphe.
(d) She has a letter waiting for her from Lhereux.
12. When he visits Emma in Yonville, where does Léon first meet her?
(a) At the Homais home.
(b) In Monsieur Binet's room.
(c) In the lane behind her garden.
(d) In Charles' office.
13. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
14. On what day of the week does Emma visit Léon in Rouen?
(a) Every other day.
15. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
(a) Her torn-up letter to Léon.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her veil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
2. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
3. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
4. What is Emma's emotion when she leaves Lhereux after finding out about the impending auction of her possessions?
5. Who does Emma decide to consult with about gaining power of attorney?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)