Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma call out for in her final moments?
(b) The blind man.
2. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
(a) She runs into Rodolphe.
(b) She has missed her coach to Yonville.
(c) Charles is waiting for her.
(d) She has a letter waiting for her from Lhereux.
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Tell Charles about the affair.
(c) Murder him.
(d) Run after him.
4. How does Homais cover up Emma's suicide?
(a) He says she mistook arsenic for sugar.
(b) He says that she suffered from delusions.
(c) He says that she had a heart attack.
(d) He says she was murdered by Lhereux.
5. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
(a) New draperies and a carpet.
(b) Medical equipment for Charles.
(c) New clothes for Berthe.
(d) Furnishings for Léon's apartment.
6. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
(a) He has had an accident and broken his leg.
(b) He has a deformed foot.
(c) He has a nervous stomach.
(d) He has a weak heart.
7. Who is absent from Emma's funeral?
(a) All answers are correct.
(d) Monsieur Binet.
8. Who visits the Bovarys and is shocked by Emma's behavior?
(a) Charles' father.
(c) Emma's father.
(d) Charles' mother.
9. What does Charles' mother decide to do after Emma's death?
(a) Try to find him a new wife.
(b) Move in with him in Yonville.
(c) Take him on a tour of Europe.
(d) Take him to Paris.
10. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
(a) He had a friend at their hotel.
(b) He asked Charles.
(c) He followed the Bovarys the night before.
(d) He lived next door.
11. What does Charles do when Emma becomes violently ill?
(a) He sends for Abbé Bournisien so that she can confess.
(b) He sends for Léon.
(c) He calls for other doctors.
(d) He is disgusted and leaves her.
12. What does Charles do during Emma's funeral?
(a) He accuses Lhereux of causing her death.
(b) He is aloof and without emotion.
(c) He rails against her character.
(d) He tries to throw himself into her grave.
13. What happens when Charles encounters Emma's supposed piano teacher, Mademoiselle Lempereur?
(a) She reveals to Charles Emma's affair.
(b) She is not familiar with Emma's name.
(c) She says that Emma is a gifted student.
(d) She asks for more money.
14. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
(a) He gets confused while buying tickets.
(b) He gets lost.
(c) He gets into an argument with the coachman.
(d) He does not have enough money.
15. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) His foot needs to be amputated.
(b) He sues Charles and Homais.
(c) He recovers completely.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charles think Emma has gone?
2. How long after Emma's death did her father learn of it?
3. What happens after Léon and Emma run into Monsieur Lhereux?
4. What does Emma's father do after the funeral?
5. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)