|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(d) The Bovary home.
2. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
(a) Emma's home at Bertaux.
(b) Charles' home at Tostes.
3. After running into Binet, what do Emma and Rodolphe decide to do?
(a) Find a new place to clandestinely meet.
(b) Run off to Paris.
(c) Bribe Binet to not say anything.
(d) Tell Charles about the affair.
4. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
(b) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
(c) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
(d) She falls and cuts her face.
5. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
(a) Emma's home.
(b) During one of the Homais' Sunday parties.
(c) At a dance he is organizing.
(d) The agricultural show.
6. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
7. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By bringing him gifts.
(b) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(c) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
(d) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
8. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Emma's mother.
(b) Charles' mother.
(c) Charles' father.
(d) Emma's father.
9. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) In the forest.
(b) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
(c) On a ship going to England.
(d) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
10. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(b) The previous doctor.
(c) Léon Dupuis.
(d) Monsieur Binet.
11. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) A new dog.
(b) A portrait of himself.
(c) An antique ring.
(d) A new dress.
12. What award is being presented as Rodolphe professes his love for Emma?
(a) The award for best sow.
(b) The manure award.
(c) The award for working the longest at the same farm.
(d) The award for best pie.
13. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A dress.
(b) A ring.
(c) A canary.
(d) A dog.
14. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At her parents' home.
(b) At an inn in Yonville.
(c) At his parents' home.
(d) An exotic location far away.
15. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
2. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
3. Why don't the fireworks go off at the end of the agricultural fair?
4. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
5. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)