|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
(a) Her wedding ring.
(b) Her veil.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) Her torn-up letter to Léon.
2. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
(b) To practice for an upcoming race.
(c) To improve her health.
(d) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
3. What happens when Emma asks Rodolphe for the money?
(a) He says he doesn't have it.
(b) He tells her she must earn it.
(c) He says he will give her half.
(d) He says he needs a few days to get it.
4. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because he is the boy's uncle.
(b) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
(c) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(d) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
5. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) Some exotic plants.
(b) A journal.
(c) A puppy.
(d) An ornate coverlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
2. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
3. What does Léon's employer suggest he do about Emma?
4. What does Charles do when Emma becomes violently ill?
5. What hobby does Emma decide to pursue again?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)