|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emma preparing for a trip?
(a) She is bringing Berthe to stay with relatives.
(b) She has decided to run off with Rodolphe.
(c) She is going to Paris to meet Léon.
(d) She is going to visit her father.
2. What does Charles' mother decide to do after Emma's death?
(a) Try to find him a new wife.
(b) Take him to Paris.
(c) Move in with him in Yonville.
(d) Take him on a tour of Europe.
3. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
(a) Eat in a tavern.
(b) Go on a boat ride.
(c) Lie in the grass.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. After suggesting a method of gaining more money for Emma, what does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell her?
(a) New furniture for her living room.
(b) A new carpet.
(c) New clothes for Berthe.
(d) Fabric for a new mourning gown.
5. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
(a) A fire pit.
(b) A flying carpet.
(c) A wedding bed.
(d) A tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Bovarys arrive at the theater?
2. Why doesn't Binet believe her?
3. What does Charles request as a memory of Emma?
4. Who is absent from Emma's funeral?
5. What language does Emma decide she should learn to make herself feel better?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)