|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) He offends her with his coarse manner.
(b) She is too ill to buy anything.
(c) She wants to wait for Charles to help her decide what to purchase.
(d) She doesn't want to spend the money.
2. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
(a) Because she decides to confide in Charles instead.
(b) Because she is late for dinner.
(c) Because he does not have a compassionate nature.
(d) Because she decides to go shopping instead.
3. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
(b) By bringing him gifts.
(c) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(d) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
4. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
(a) He is very elaborately dressed.
(b) He is dressed very poorly.
(c) He is very talkative and engages everyone he meets in conversation.
(d) He rides a horse through the fair.
5. What is physically wrong with the beggar that Emma encounters on her way home to Yonville?
(a) He is missing his arms and legs.
(b) He has a hunchback.
(c) He is covered with pestilent sores.
(d) He is blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
2. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
3. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
4. Why does Charles suggest Emma stay on in Rouen without him?
5. What does Emma threaten to do to her beloved piano?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)