|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A traveling circus.
(b) A display of scientific artifacts.
(c) A large agricultural exhibition.
(d) A fashion show.
2. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is awaiting another confessor.
(b) He is late for dinner.
(c) He has just spoken to Léon.
(d) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
3. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
(b) To practice for an upcoming race.
(c) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
(d) To improve her health.
4. What are Charles' specifications for Emma's funeral?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She should have 3 coffins.
(c) She should be buried in her wedding dress.
(d) No expense is to be spared.
5. Why does Monsieur Rodolphe Boulanger call on Charles?
(a) He is interested in becoming a doctor.
(b) He has broken his leg.
(c) For nutritional advice.
(d) For a bloodletting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
2. Other than Emma's garden, where else do Emma and Rodolphe meet?
3. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
4. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
5. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)