|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais explain his religious philosophy to Abbé Bournisien?
(a) He believes in Protestantism.
(b) He is a devout Catholic.
(c) He is an Atheist.
(d) He admires Christianity.
2. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) She doesn't want to spend the money.
(b) He offends her with his coarse manner.
(c) She is too ill to buy anything.
(d) She wants to wait for Charles to help her decide what to purchase.
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
(a) Murder him.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Tell Charles about the affair.
(d) Run after him.
4. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
(a) She wants Charles out of the way so she can spend more time with Rodolphe.
(b) She feels bad for the boy and wants him to get better.
(c) She wants him to become a success.
(d) She needs the money to pay back a loan from Lhereux.
5. What bad news does Homais break to Emma?
(a) Berthe is ill.
(b) Charles has left her.
(c) Her father-in-law has died.
(d) She owes him a large sum of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the Bovarys and is shocked by Emma's behavior?
2. How does Emma explain her absence the night she doesn't return home?
3. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
4. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
5. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)