|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Bovary home.
(b) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(c) Homais' Pharmacy.
(d) The local church.
2. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(d) Monsieur Lhereux.
3. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
(a) Carving figurines.
(b) Reading romance novels.
(d) Writing letters.
4. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Lie in the grass.
(c) Eat in a tavern.
(d) Go on a boat ride.
5. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
(a) Leon Dupuis.
(c) A visiting priest.
(d) A spinster who helped with the sewing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
2. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
3. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
4. What does Léon's employer suggest he do about Emma?
5. What happens when the Bovarys arrive at the theater?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)