|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) In the forest.
(b) On a ship going to England.
(c) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
(d) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
2. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(b) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(c) La Vaubyessard.
(d) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
3. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By bloodletting.
(b) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(c) By calling in an outside expert.
(d) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
4. What happens after Léon and Emma run into Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) Léon breaks off the relationship.
(b) Emma confesses her affair to Charles.
(c) Lhereux asks Emma for more money.
(d) Emma and Léon run off to Paris.
5. What language does Emma decide she should learn to make herself feel better?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
2. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
3. Who had written to Emma's father to inform him of her death?
4. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)