|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles do when Emma becomes violently ill?
(a) He sends for Léon.
(b) He calls for other doctors.
(c) He sends for Abbé Bournisien so that she can confess.
(d) He is disgusted and leaves her.
2. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
(a) He avoids the company of his colleagues.
(b) He neglects his work.
(c) He begins putting on airs.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
(a) Her mother died.
(b) She lost her faith.
(c) She fell in love.
(d) Her father died.
4. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(a) Popular fashions and town gossip.
(d) Childhood memories and times at school.
5. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is late for dinner.
(b) He has just spoken to Léon.
(c) He is awaiting another confessor.
(d) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
2. Why doesn't Binet believe her?
3. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
4. What happens when Emma asks Rodolphe for the money?
5. What event does Charles think will help Emma return to good spirits?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)