|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Charles encounters Emma's supposed piano teacher, Mademoiselle Lempereur?
(a) She says that Emma is a gifted student.
(b) She asks for more money.
(c) She is not familiar with Emma's name.
(d) She reveals to Charles Emma's affair.
2. What are Charles' specifications for Emma's funeral?
(a) She should have 3 coffins.
(b) No expense is to be spared.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) She should be buried in her wedding dress.
3. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
(a) Local town gossip.
(b) Medicine and the weather.
(c) Political upheaval.
4. Who does Charles have come to visit Emma to help her out of her depression?
(a) Emma's father.
(b) His mother.
5. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She grows very thin.
(b) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(c) She becomes pregnant again.
(d) She drastically cuts her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
2. How does Homais explain his religious philosophy to Abbé Bournisien?
3. How long after Emma's death did her father learn of it?
4. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
5. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)