|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does she decide to go as a last resort?
(a) To La Huchette to see Rodolphe.
(b) To confess all to Charles.
(c) To beg Monsieur Lhereux for mercy one last time.
(d) To Charles' mother.
2. What does Emma want Charles to buy for Hippolyte?
(a) A new horse.
(b) A grave marker.
(c) Two wooden legs.
(d) A cottage.
3. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A dog.
(b) A ring.
(c) A dress.
(d) A canary.
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(b) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(c) Dinner is not made.
(d) Some items have been stolen.
5. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
(a) Medical equipment for Charles.
(b) New clothes for Berthe.
(c) Furnishings for Léon's apartment.
(d) New draperies and a carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
2. Who does Charles have come to visit Emma to help her out of her depression?
3. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
4. Who does Monsieur Homais encounter on his way home?
5. What does Charles do during Emma's funeral?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)