|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news does Homais break to Emma?
(a) Charles has left her.
(b) Berthe is ill.
(c) She owes him a large sum of money.
(d) Her father-in-law has died.
2. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
(a) She has worked at the same farm her entire life.
(b) She was the first woman to win an agricultural prize.
(c) She has raised the winning sheep for 5 years in a row.
(d) She has had 11 children.
3. What does Emma's father do after the funeral?
(a) Stays at Yonville for a few days.
(b) Pays a visit to Lhereux.
(c) Spends time with Berthe.
(d) Returns immediately to Bertaux.
4. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
(a) 6 months.
(b) One year.
(c) 43 days.
(d) A week.
5. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
(a) He rides a horse through the fair.
(b) He is very talkative and engages everyone he meets in conversation.
(c) He is very elaborately dressed.
(d) He is dressed very poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
2. What is physically wrong with the beggar that Emma encounters on her way home to Yonville?
3. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
4. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
5. After Léon leaves to continue his studies, how does Emma cope with the loss?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)