|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
(a) She sees Rodolphe horseback riding with another woman.
(b) She passes a bench where she sat with Rodolphe.
(c) She finds an old love letter from Rodolphe.
(d) She hears Rodolphe's voice.
2. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) La Vaubyessard.
(b) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(c) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(d) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
3. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(a) Charles' mother.
(b) Monsieur Homais.
4. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 46 days.
5. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
(a) A flying carpet.
(b) A fire pit.
(c) A tomb.
(d) A wedding bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma want Charles to buy for Hippolyte?
2. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
3. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
4. Who does Charles have come to visit Emma to help her out of her depression?
5. Why is Boulanger's attention in such high demand at the fair?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)