|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma's father do after the funeral?
(a) Spends time with Berthe.
(b) Returns immediately to Bertaux.
(c) Stays at Yonville for a few days.
(d) Pays a visit to Lhereux.
2. Who had written to Emma's father to inform him of her death?
(a) Charles' mother.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
3. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
(a) Furnishings for Léon's apartment.
(b) New clothes for Berthe.
(c) Medical equipment for Charles.
(d) New draperies and a carpet.
4. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
5. What happens to Justin while Charles is helping Boulanger?
(a) He continually interrupts the doctor.
(b) He decides he no longer wants to be a doctor.
(c) He faints.
(d) He confesses his love for Emma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Monsieur Homais encounter on his way home?
2. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
3. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
4. Where does Emma next see Monsieur Binet?
5. When he visits Emma in Yonville, where does Léon first meet her?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)