|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
(a) By talking through her open bedroom window.
(b) By paintings they draw for each other.
(c) By code unknowingly transmitted by Justin.
(d) By exchanging letters.
2. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
(a) A fire pit.
(b) A flying carpet.
(c) A tomb.
(d) A wedding bed.
3. What does Rodolphe do upon seeing Emma again?
(a) He confesses his love for her.
(b) He mocks her.
(c) He throws her out.
(d) He sends for Charles.
4. What does Emma tell Justin she needs the arsenic for?
(a) To kill Rodolphe.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) To kill rats.
(d) To supplement Charles' medical supplies.
5. After running into Binet, what do Emma and Rodolphe decide to do?
(a) Find a new place to clandestinely meet.
(b) Tell Charles about the affair.
(c) Bribe Binet to not say anything.
(d) Run off to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
2. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
3. What does Charles request as a memory of Emma?
4. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
5. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)