|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
(a) By talking through her open bedroom window.
(b) By code unknowingly transmitted by Justin.
(c) By paintings they draw for each other.
(d) By exchanging letters.
2. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Charles Bovary.
(b) Emma Bovary.
(c) Leon Dupuis.
3. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(b) Excessive drinking of wine.
(c) Book discussions.
(d) A salon of political conversation.
4. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
(a) She misses her best friend.
(b) She wants to become a nun.
(c) She feels that life is boring and uneventful.
(d) She has ended an unsatisfying love affair.
5. Who does Homais get into a religious debate with?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(d) Monsieur Lhereux.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
3. Why is Boulanger's attention in such high demand at the fair?
4. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
5. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)