|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(b) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(c) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(d) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
2. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 46 days.
3. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(c) Monsieur Homais.
(d) Charles' father.
4. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) She wants to wait for Charles to help her decide what to purchase.
(b) She is too ill to buy anything.
(c) She doesn't want to spend the money.
(d) He offends her with his coarse manner.
5. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He wants to become a priest.
(b) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
(c) He wants to join the military.
(d) He wants to become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
2. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
3. What does Emma tell Justin she needs the arsenic for?
4. Why does Charles suggest Emma stay on in Rouen without him?
5. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)