|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After suggesting a method of gaining more money for Emma, what does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell her?
(a) Fabric for a new mourning gown.
(b) New furniture for her living room.
(c) New clothes for Berthe.
(d) A new carpet.
2. Who does Emma decide to consult with about gaining power of attorney?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(b) Monsieur Lhereux.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
3. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
(b) Leon Dupuis.
(c) A spinster who helped with the sewing.
(d) A visiting priest.
4. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
(b) She falls and cuts her face.
(c) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
(d) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
5. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By bloodletting.
(b) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
(c) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(d) By calling in an outside expert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Homais cover up Emma's suicide?
2. After Léon leaves to continue his studies, how does Emma cope with the loss?
3. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
4. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
5. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)