|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
(a) She has worked at the same farm her entire life.
(b) She was the first woman to win an agricultural prize.
(c) She has had 11 children.
(d) She has raised the winning sheep for 5 years in a row.
2. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
(a) Monsieur Vincart.
(b) Abbé Bournisien.
(d) Monsieur Binet.
3. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(a) Only the priest and Emma's father.
4. Why doesn't Binet believe her?
(a) Because he has seen her visiting Rodolphe before.
(b) Because he knows that Rodolphe is not home.
(c) Because he knows that Emma doesn't have a dog.
(d) Because he knows that Berthe has been removed from the wet nurse.
5. What event does Charles think will help Emma return to good spirits?
(a) Going to a party at Homais'.
(b) Hosting a dinner party.
(c) Seeing an opera at Rouen.
(d) Visiting her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
2. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
3. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
4. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
5. After Léon leaves to continue his studies, how does Emma cope with the loss?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)