|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
(b) Learning how to cook.
(c) Creating her wardrobe.
(d) Having an affair.
2. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(b) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(c) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(d) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
3. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
(b) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(c) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(d) Because he is the boy's uncle.
4. Where do Emma and Léon meet when they are in the city?
(a) In a stagecoach.
(b) In a gaudily decorated hotel room.
(c) At the home of Léon's employer.
(d) In Léon's apartment.
5. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
(a) He has a nervous stomach.
(b) He has a weak heart.
(c) He has a deformed foot.
(d) He has had an accident and broken his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
2. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
3. Who does Léon entertain that causes him to be late for a rendezvous with Emma?
4. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
5. Why is Emma scrambling for money?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)