|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) Embarks on her household chores with care.
(b) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
(c) Starts going to church.
(d) All answers are correct.
2. What is the title of the book that Justin is caught with?
(a) Conjugal Love.
(b) Medicines and Poisons.
(c) Political Revolutions.
3. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(b) He has just spoken to Léon.
(c) He is late for dinner.
(d) He is awaiting another confessor.
4. Why does Charles leave Emma during the opera?
(a) To get her a drink.
(b) To get more money.
(c) To meet some colleagues.
(d) To get some fresh air.
5. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
(a) A wedding bed.
(b) A flying carpet.
(c) A fire pit.
(d) A tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
2. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
3. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
4. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
5. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)