|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emma preparing for a trip?
(a) She is going to visit her father.
(b) She is going to Paris to meet Léon.
(c) She has decided to run off with Rodolphe.
(d) She is bringing Berthe to stay with relatives.
2. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
(a) By sending bills to Charles' patients.
(b) She asks for the remaining sum of Charles' squandered inheritance.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) By selling her things.
3. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
(a) Her mother died.
(b) She lost her faith.
(c) Her father died.
(d) She fell in love.
4. What is Emma's emotion when she leaves Lhereux after finding out about the impending auction of her possessions?
5. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
(a) He followed the Bovarys the night before.
(b) He lived next door.
(c) He had a friend at their hotel.
(d) He asked Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Emma's death did her father learn of it?
2. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
3. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
4. What does Emma's father do after the funeral?
5. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)