|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
(b) A spinster who helped with the sewing.
(c) A visiting priest.
(d) Leon Dupuis.
2. What hobby does Emma decide to pursue again?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Painting portraits.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Horseback riding.
3. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He wants to become a priest.
(b) He wants to become a doctor.
(c) He wants to join the military.
(d) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
4. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
(a) Political upheaval.
(c) Medicine and the weather.
(d) Local town gossip.
5. Why doesn't Binet believe her?
(a) Because he knows that Rodolphe is not home.
(b) Because he knows that Berthe has been removed from the wet nurse.
(c) Because he has seen her visiting Rodolphe before.
(d) Because he knows that Emma doesn't have a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
2. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
3. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
4. Who does Charles have come to visit Emma to help her out of her depression?
5. Where does Emma next see Monsieur Binet?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)