|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) She doesn't want to spend the money.
(b) She is too ill to buy anything.
(c) She wants to wait for Charles to help her decide what to purchase.
(d) He offends her with his coarse manner.
2. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
(b) He is about to retire.
(c) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(d) He has received many awards.
3. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
(b) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
(c) He was chronically absent from work.
(d) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
4. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) Her veil.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her torn-up letter to Léon.
5. Why does Charles leave Emma during the opera?
(a) To get more money.
(b) To meet some colleagues.
(c) To get her a drink.
(d) To get some fresh air.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
2. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
3. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
4. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
5. Where does Emma next see Monsieur Binet?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)