|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
(a) She misses her best friend.
(b) She feels that life is boring and uneventful.
(c) She has ended an unsatisfying love affair.
(d) She wants to become a nun.
2. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
(a) Far away places.
3. Where does Emma next see Monsieur Binet?
(a) At the Homais'.
(b) At Rodolphe's.
(c) At Charles' office.
(d) At her house, talking to Charles.
4. What does Emma tell Binet she is doing to hide her secret?
(a) Borrowing books from Rodolphe.
(b) Visiting the wet nurse.
(c) Gathering wildflowers.
(d) Looking for her dog that ran off.
5. What language does Emma decide she should learn to make herself feel better?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
2. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
3. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
4. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
5. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)