|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
(a) Medical equipment for Charles.
(b) New draperies and a carpet.
(c) New clothes for Berthe.
(d) Furnishings for Léon's apartment.
2. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
(a) He loses it in a card game at Homais'.
(b) Emma steals it.
(c) He uses it as a gift for Hippolyte.
(d) He gives it to Emma to help pay her expenses.
3. What happens to Charles' first wife?
(a) She runs off to Paris to become an actress.
(b) She is killed by a horse.
(c) She leaves him for a local priest.
(d) She dies after becoming financially ruined.
4. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(b) Dry goods and linens.
5. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
(a) It is stopped all day by the river.
(b) The blinds are drawn.
(c) It is drawn by only one horse.
(d) They are riding up front with the coachman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
2. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
3. How does Emma explain her absence the night she doesn't return home?
4. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
5. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)