|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
(a) Her veil.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) Her torn-up letter to Léon.
(d) Her wedding ring.
2. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) Starts going to church.
(b) Embarks on her household chores with care.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
3. Why does Monsieur Rodolphe Boulanger call on Charles?
(a) He has broken his leg.
(b) For nutritional advice.
(c) For a bloodletting.
(d) He is interested in becoming a doctor.
4. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
(a) She has worked at the same farm her entire life.
(b) She has had 11 children.
(c) She has raised the winning sheep for 5 years in a row.
(d) She was the first woman to win an agricultural prize.
5. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(b) Charles' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Léon and Emma run into Monsieur Lhereux?
2. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
3. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
4. What is Monsieur Binet doing when Emma runs into him on the way to visit Rodolphe?
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)