|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma's behavior begin to reflect her new, more daring lifestyle?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She speaks openly of political and religious issues.
(c) She begins wearing different fashions than she did before.
(d) She smokes in public.
2. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
(d) Her maid.
3. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
(a) He uses it as a gift for Hippolyte.
(b) He gives it to Emma to help pay her expenses.
(c) Emma steals it.
(d) He loses it in a card game at Homais'.
4. Why does Monsieur Rodolphe Boulanger call on Charles?
(a) For a bloodletting.
(b) He is interested in becoming a doctor.
(c) For nutritional advice.
(d) He has broken his leg.
5. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
(b) She falls and cuts her face.
(c) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
(d) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
2. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
3. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
4. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
5. Upon the arrival of the Bovarys in Yonville, what does Homais do?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)