|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(b) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(c) Emma fires her new maid.
(d) Emma's greyhound runs away.
2. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
(a) Conscientious and reliable.
(b) Often late for class.
(c) A braggart and know-it-all.
(d) Known as being irresponsible.
3. Where does Emma say she got the bouquet of flowers that Léon had given her?
(c) A beggar on the street.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
4. Who do Charles and Emma run into at the opera?
(a) Monsieur Lhereux.
(b) Monsieur Homais.
(d) Abbé Bournisien.
5. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A rose.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A book of poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
2. What is Monsieur Binet doing when Emma runs into him on the way to visit Rodolphe?
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
4. After suggesting a method of gaining more money for Emma, what does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell her?
5. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)