|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Dinner is not made.
(b) Some items have been stolen.
(c) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(d) She has been caught drinking liquor.
2. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
(b) A nightmare.
(c) Like a true honeymoon.
(d) Like a romance from Sir Walter Scott.
3. After Léon leaves to continue his studies, how does Emma cope with the loss?
(a) She begins doing charitable works for the poor.
(b) She spends more time doting on Berthe.
(c) She begins to buy herself extravagant things.
(d) She leaves Charles.
4. When he visits Emma in Yonville, where does Léon first meet her?
(a) In Charles' office.
(b) In Monsieur Binet's room.
(c) At the Homais home.
(d) In the lane behind her garden.
5. What does Emma threaten to do to her beloved piano?
(a) Donate it to charity.
(b) Give it to Hippolyte.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Sell it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
3. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
4. Who does Charles have come to visit Emma to help her out of her depression?
5. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)