|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
(a) Her torn-up letter to Léon.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her veil.
2. Why does Monsieur Rodolphe Boulanger call on Charles?
(a) He has broken his leg.
(b) He is interested in becoming a doctor.
(c) For a bloodletting.
(d) For nutritional advice.
3. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To practice for an upcoming race.
(b) To improve her health.
(c) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
(d) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
4. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
(a) They are seen in an embrace.
(b) They ride too fast through the streets of the town.
(c) They are very clumsy on their horses.
(d) They are well-dressed and ride well.
5. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
(b) It still has boarders living in it.
(c) It is infested with mice.
(d) It is well-designed but in disarray.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
2. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
3. After running into Binet, what do Emma and Rodolphe decide to do?
4. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
5. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)