|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A cigar case.
(d) A rose.
2. After running into Binet, what do Emma and Rodolphe decide to do?
(a) Tell Charles about the affair.
(b) Run off to Paris.
(c) Bribe Binet to not say anything.
(d) Find a new place to clandestinely meet.
3. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
4. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He has just spoken to Léon.
(b) He is awaiting another confessor.
(c) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(d) He is late for dinner.
5. What happens when Charles encounters Emma's supposed piano teacher, Mademoiselle Lempereur?
(a) She says that Emma is a gifted student.
(b) She asks for more money.
(c) She reveals to Charles Emma's affair.
(d) She is not familiar with Emma's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
2. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
3. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
4. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
5. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)