|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
(a) Because she decides to confide in Charles instead.
(b) Because she decides to go shopping instead.
(c) Because she is late for dinner.
(d) Because he does not have a compassionate nature.
2. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
(a) Léon Dupuis.
(b) Monsieur Binet.
(c) The previous doctor.
(d) Abbé Bournisien.
3. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To improve her health.
(b) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
(c) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
(d) To practice for an upcoming race.
4. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He takes her to Rome.
(b) He writes her a love poem.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He frames her sketches.
5. What is the title of the book that Justin is caught with?
(a) Conjugal Love.
(c) Medicines and Poisons.
(d) Political Revolutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
2. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
3. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
4. What happens after Léon and Emma run into Monsieur Lhereux?
5. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)