|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Charles think will help Emma return to good spirits?
(a) Seeing an opera at Rouen.
(b) Visiting her father.
(c) Going to a party at Homais'.
(d) Hosting a dinner party.
2. What annoys Emma about Charles during the performance?
(a) He leaves without her.
(b) He sings along.
(c) He keeps talking to her.
(d) He falls asleep.
3. How does Emma explain her absence the night she doesn't return home?
(a) She says she had taken ill.
(b) She says she was playing in a recital.
(c) She says she fell asleep.
(d) She says she missed her coach.
4. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He has just spoken to Léon.
(b) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(c) He is awaiting another confessor.
(d) He is late for dinner.
5. Where does Emma next see Monsieur Binet?
(a) At Charles' office.
(b) At the Homais'.
(c) At Rodolphe's.
(d) At her house, talking to Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
2. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
3. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
4. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
5. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)