|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(b) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(c) Because he is the boy's uncle.
(d) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
2. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(b) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(c) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(d) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
3. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(b) To write them in code.
(c) To write them in red ink.
(d) To make copies of them.
4. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He wants to become a doctor.
(b) He wants to join the military.
(c) He wants to become a priest.
(d) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
5. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
(b) Like a true honeymoon.
(c) Like a romance from Sir Walter Scott.
(d) A nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
2. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
3. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
4. What annoys Emma about Charles during the performance?
5. How does Emma explain her absence the night she doesn't return home?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)