|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
(b) By bringing him gifts.
(c) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(d) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
2. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(b) To write them in code.
(c) To make copies of them.
(d) To write them in red ink.
3. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) On a ship going to England.
(b) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
(c) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
(d) In the forest.
4. What does Léon find on their boat ride that makes the boatman tell them about his previous customers?
(a) A silk ribbon.
(b) A love poem.
(c) A champagne glass.
(d) A gold ring.
5. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(b) The Bovary home.
(c) Homais' Pharmacy.
(d) The local church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
2. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
3. What do the ladies in town think when they see Emma talking to Binet?
4. What award is being presented as Rodolphe professes his love for Emma?
5. Who do Charles and Emma run into at the opera?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)