|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To write them in code.
(b) To write them in red ink.
(c) To make copies of them.
(d) To put his letters in double envelopes.
2. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he is in love with Emma.
(b) Because he has a crush on the maid.
(c) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(d) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
3. What happens after Léon and Emma run into Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) Emma and Léon run off to Paris.
(b) Emma confesses her affair to Charles.
(c) Lhereux asks Emma for more money.
(d) Léon breaks off the relationship.
4. What hobby does Emma decide to pursue again?
(a) Painting portraits.
(b) Horseback riding.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Writing poetry.
5. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
(a) Her torn-up letter to Léon.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her veil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
2. What award is being presented as Rodolphe professes his love for Emma?
3. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
4. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
5. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)