|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(b) He frames her sketches.
(c) He takes her to Rome.
(d) He writes her a love poem.
2. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 46 days.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 days.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Emma Bovary.
(b) Charles Bovary.
(d) Leon Dupuis.
4. What is the title of the book that Justin is caught with?
(a) Medicines and Poisons.
(c) Conjugal Love.
(d) Political Revolutions.
5. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(b) He has received many awards.
(c) He is about to retire.
(d) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
2. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
3. Why is Emma preparing for a trip?
4. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
5. Upon the arrival of the Bovarys in Yonville, what does Homais do?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)