|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles suggest Emma stay on in Rouen without him?
(a) To see another showing of the Opera.
(b) To settle some debts.
(c) To buy some new clothes.
(d) To catch up with Léon.
2. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
(a) Her veil.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) Her torn-up letter to Léon.
(d) Her wedding ring.
3. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He wants to become a doctor.
(b) He wants to become a priest.
(c) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
(d) He wants to join the military.
4. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A traveling circus.
(b) A display of scientific artifacts.
(c) A fashion show.
(d) A large agricultural exhibition.
5. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Léon leaves to continue his studies, how does Emma cope with the loss?
2. What do the ladies in town think when they see Emma talking to Binet?
3. Why is Emma scrambling for money?
4. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
5. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)