|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She drastically cuts her hair.
(b) She grows very thin.
(c) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(d) She becomes pregnant again.
2. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
(b) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
(c) By bringing him gifts.
(d) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
3. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
(a) Packed in a box of fruit.
(b) Folded into the pages of a book.
(c) They leave them under a bench.
(d) Hidden in Charles' medicine bag.
4. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
(a) Because he does not have a compassionate nature.
(b) Because she decides to confide in Charles instead.
(c) Because she decides to go shopping instead.
(d) Because she is late for dinner.
5. Where does Emma say she got the bouquet of flowers that Léon had given her?
(a) A beggar on the street.
(c) Monsieur Homais.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
2. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
3. Why does Monsieur Rodolphe Boulanger call on Charles?
4. After running into Binet, what do Emma and Rodolphe decide to do?
5. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)