|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charles have come to visit Emma to help her out of her depression?
(b) Emma's father.
(c) His mother.
2. Who do Charles and Emma run into at the opera?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(c) Monsieur Lhereux.
(d) Abbé Bournisien.
3. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
(a) She wants him to become a success.
(b) She feels bad for the boy and wants him to get better.
(c) She wants Charles out of the way so she can spend more time with Rodolphe.
(d) She needs the money to pay back a loan from Lhereux.
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(b) Dinner is not made.
(c) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(d) Some items have been stolen.
5. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
(a) He lived next door.
(b) He had a friend at their hotel.
(c) He asked Charles.
(d) He followed the Bovarys the night before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
3. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
4. Where do Emma and Léon meet when they are in the city?
5. Upon the arrival of the Bovarys in Yonville, what does Homais do?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)