|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
(d) Her maid.
2. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Some items have been stolen.
(b) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(c) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(d) Dinner is not made.
3. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
(b) He is given a large sum of money.
(c) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
(d) He is given an award by the local medical society.
4. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A dress.
(b) A dog.
(c) A canary.
(d) A ring.
5. Other than Emma's garden, where else do Emma and Rodolphe meet?
(a) In a field behind Boulanger's house.
(b) In a hidden room in Emma's house.
(c) At the Homais'.
(d) Charles' consulting room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Emma give to Léon?
2. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
3. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
4. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
5. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)