|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A rose.
(d) A book of poetry.
2. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him a house on his estate.
(b) He gives him 5 francs.
(c) He gives him a horse.
(d) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
3. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A ring.
(b) A dress.
(c) A canary.
(d) A dog.
4. Why does Monsieur Rodolphe Boulanger call on Charles?
(a) For a bloodletting.
(b) For nutritional advice.
(c) He is interested in becoming a doctor.
(d) He has broken his leg.
5. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He has just spoken to Léon.
(b) He is awaiting another confessor.
(c) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(d) He is late for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
2. Why do they leave the opera early?
3. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
4. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
5. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)