|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After running into Binet, what do Emma and Rodolphe decide to do?
(a) Find a new place to clandestinely meet.
(b) Run off to Paris.
(c) Tell Charles about the affair.
(d) Bribe Binet to not say anything.
2. What language does Emma decide she should learn to make herself feel better?
3. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(b) Some items have been stolen.
(c) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(d) Dinner is not made.
4. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
(b) He is about to retire.
(c) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(d) He has received many awards.
5. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
(b) On a ship going to England.
(c) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
(d) In the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
2. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
3. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
4. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
5. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)