|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
(a) She wants to become a nun.
(b) She feels that life is boring and uneventful.
(c) She has ended an unsatisfying love affair.
(d) She misses her best friend.
2. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) An antique ring.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A new dog.
(d) A portrait of himself.
3. Where does she decide to go as a last resort?
(a) To Charles' mother.
(b) To La Huchette to see Rodolphe.
(c) To confess all to Charles.
(d) To beg Monsieur Lhereux for mercy one last time.
4. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
5. Why is Emma preparing for a trip?
(a) She is bringing Berthe to stay with relatives.
(b) She is going to visit her father.
(c) She is going to Paris to meet Léon.
(d) She has decided to run off with Rodolphe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
2. Why does Charles owe money to Monsieur Homais?
3. Upon the arrival of the Bovarys in Yonville, what does Homais do?
4. What happens to Charles' first wife?
5. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)