|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Emma's mother.
(b) Charles' mother.
(c) Emma's father.
(d) Charles' father.
2. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
(a) At her husband's office.
(b) Watching a flax mill being built.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) At a horse race.
3. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
(b) Charles' home at Tostes.
(d) Emma's home at Bertaux.
4. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
(a) He is dressed very poorly.
(b) He is very elaborately dressed.
(c) He is very talkative and engages everyone he meets in conversation.
(d) He rides a horse through the fair.
5. What does Emma tell Binet she is doing to hide her secret?
(a) Looking for her dog that ran off.
(b) Gathering wildflowers.
(c) Visiting the wet nurse.
(d) Borrowing books from Rodolphe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma try to recuperate from her illness after a talk with Abbé Bournisien?
2. What is Monsieur Binet doing when Emma runs into him on the way to visit Rodolphe?
3. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
4. What happens to Justin while Charles is helping Boulanger?
5. Why don't the fireworks go off at the end of the agricultural fair?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)