|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Leon Dupuis.
(c) Emma Bovary.
(d) Charles Bovary.
2. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(c) Monsieur Homais.
(d) Charles' father.
3. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) Book discussions.
(c) A salon of political conversation.
(d) Excessive drinking of wine.
4. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(b) The Bovary home.
(c) The local church.
(d) Homais' Pharmacy.
5. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(b) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
(c) By bringing him gifts.
(d) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
2. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
3. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
4. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
5. Why does Monsieur Rodolphe Boulanger call on Charles?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)