|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the Bovarys and is shocked by Emma's behavior?
(a) Charles' father.
(c) Charles' mother.
(d) Emma's father.
2. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
(a) A week.
(b) 43 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) One year.
3. What does Emma want Charles to buy for Hippolyte?
(a) A new horse.
(b) A cottage.
(c) Two wooden legs.
(d) A grave marker.
4. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
(a) Monsieur Binet.
(b) Léon Dupuis.
(c) Abbé Bournisien.
(d) The previous doctor.
5. What is Monsieur Binet doing when Emma runs into him on the way to visit Rodolphe?
(b) Collecting unpaid taxes from Rodolphe's neighbor.
(c) Spying on Emma.
(d) Duck hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
2. Upon the arrival of the Bovarys in Yonville, what does Homais do?
3. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
4. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
5. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)