|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A cigar case.
(d) A rose.
2. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
(a) He got him censured for unethical business practices.
(b) He competed with the man's business.
(c) He has bankrupted him through exorbitant loans.
(d) He stole his wife.
3. How does Emma's behavior begin to reflect her new, more daring lifestyle?
(a) She begins wearing different fashions than she did before.
(b) She speaks openly of political and religious issues.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) She smokes in public.
4. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
(c) Far away places.
5. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(a) Only the priest and Emma's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
2. Why is Emma scrambling for money?
3. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)