|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(b) Popular fashions and town gossip.
(d) Childhood memories and times at school.
2. Why does Charles suggest Emma stay on in Rouen without him?
(a) To settle some debts.
(b) To buy some new clothes.
(c) To catch up with Léon.
(d) To see another showing of the Opera.
3. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
(a) She has raised the winning sheep for 5 years in a row.
(b) She was the first woman to win an agricultural prize.
(c) She has worked at the same farm her entire life.
(d) She has had 11 children.
4. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(c) The Bovary home.
(d) The local church.
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) Excessive drinking of wine.
(c) A salon of political conversation.
(d) Book discussions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
2. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
3. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
4. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
5. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)