|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(b) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(c) Because he has a crush on the maid.
(d) Because he is in love with Emma.
2. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
3. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
(d) Far away places.
4. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him a house on his estate.
(b) He gives him 5 francs.
(c) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(d) He gives him a horse.
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(b) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(c) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(d) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
2. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
3. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
4. Why doesn't Binet believe her?
5. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)