|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By bringing him gifts.
(b) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(c) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
(d) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
2. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
(a) It provides one more attachment to a middle-class, provincial life.
(b) It is a girl and not a boy.
(c) She cannot afford to buy the layette that she wants.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. What award is being presented as Rodolphe professes his love for Emma?
(a) The award for best sow.
(b) The manure award.
(c) The award for best pie.
(d) The award for working the longest at the same farm.
4. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He frames her sketches.
(b) He writes her a love poem.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
5. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
(a) He gets into an argument with the coachman.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He gets confused while buying tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
2. Where does Emma next see Monsieur Binet?
3. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
4. What happens to Justin while Charles is helping Boulanger?
5. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)