|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He takes her to Rome.
(b) He writes her a love poem.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He frames her sketches.
2. What is Monsieur Binet doing when Emma runs into him on the way to visit Rodolphe?
(a) Collecting unpaid taxes from Rodolphe's neighbor.
(b) Duck hunting.
(d) Spying on Emma.
3. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He has just spoken to Léon.
(b) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(c) He is late for dinner.
(d) He is awaiting another confessor.
4. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
(a) Emma steals it.
(b) He gives it to Emma to help pay her expenses.
(c) He uses it as a gift for Hippolyte.
(d) He loses it in a card game at Homais'.
5. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(b) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(c) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(d) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
2. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
3. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
4. Why does Charles leave Emma during the opera?
5. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)