|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Monsieur Binet doing when Emma runs into him on the way to visit Rodolphe?
(b) Duck hunting.
(c) Collecting unpaid taxes from Rodolphe's neighbor.
(d) Spying on Emma.
2. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At his parents' home.
(b) An exotic location far away.
(c) At her parents' home.
(d) At an inn in Yonville.
3. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
(a) Often late for class.
(b) A braggart and know-it-all.
(c) Conscientious and reliable.
(d) Known as being irresponsible.
4. After running into Binet, what do Emma and Rodolphe decide to do?
(a) Find a new place to clandestinely meet.
(b) Run off to Paris.
(c) Tell Charles about the affair.
(d) Bribe Binet to not say anything.
5. What happens when the Bovarys arrive at the theater?
(a) They get robbed.
(b) They are too early.
(c) They are late.
(d) They run into Lhereux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charles have come to visit Emma to help her out of her depression?
2. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
4. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
5. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)