|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He was chronically absent from work.
(b) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
(c) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
(d) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
2. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) His foot needs to be amputated.
(b) He sues Charles and Homais.
(c) He recovers completely.
(d) He dies.
3. Where does Emma next see Monsieur Binet?
(a) At Rodolphe's.
(b) At the Homais'.
(c) At Charles' office.
(d) At her house, talking to Charles.
4. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) An ornate coverlet.
(b) A journal.
(c) Some exotic plants.
(d) A puppy.
5. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma tell Binet she is doing to hide her secret?
2. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
3. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
4. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
5. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)