|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles owe money to Monsieur Homais?
(a) To pay off a loan.
(b) To pay for new clothes for Berthe.
(c) To pay him back for helping with Hippolyte.
(d) To pay for the expenses incurred during Emma's illness.
2. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
(c) Her maid.
3. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to Emma's poor health.
(b) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(c) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(d) To be closer to his parents.
4. Why is Emma preparing for a trip?
(a) She is going to visit her father.
(b) She is going to Paris to meet Léon.
(c) She has decided to run off with Rodolphe.
(d) She is bringing Berthe to stay with relatives.
5. What happens to Charles' first wife?
(a) She dies after becoming financially ruined.
(b) She is killed by a horse.
(c) She runs off to Paris to become an actress.
(d) She leaves him for a local priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
2. What award is being presented as Rodolphe professes his love for Emma?
3. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
4. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
5. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)