|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
(a) The blinds are drawn.
(b) They are riding up front with the coachman.
(c) It is drawn by only one horse.
(d) It is stopped all day by the river.
2. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
(b) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(c) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
(d) By bringing him gifts.
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He frames her sketches.
(b) He writes her a love poem.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
4. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
(a) She can take a trip to Paris afterwards.
(b) She can buy new living room furniture.
(c) She can buy a new riding habit.
(d) She can add a new horse to their stable.
5. After Léon leaves to continue his studies, how does Emma cope with the loss?
(a) She begins to buy herself extravagant things.
(b) She spends more time doting on Berthe.
(c) She begins doing charitable works for the poor.
(d) She leaves Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
2. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
3. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
4. What happens to Charles' first wife?
5. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)