|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Charles' first wife?
(a) She leaves him for a local priest.
(b) She runs off to Paris to become an actress.
(c) She is killed by a horse.
(d) She dies after becoming financially ruined.
2. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
(b) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
(c) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
(d) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
3. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It is infested with mice.
(b) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(c) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
(d) It still has boarders living in it.
4. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Emma's father.
(b) Charles' mother.
(c) Emma's mother.
(d) Charles' father.
5. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(b) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(c) To be closer to his parents.
(d) Due to Emma's poor health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
2. Why does the sheriff come to the Bovarys home?
3. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
4. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
5. How does Emma's behavior begin to reflect her new, more daring lifestyle?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)