|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Bovarys arrive at the theater?
(a) They run into Lhereux.
(b) They are too early.
(c) They are late.
(d) They get robbed.
2. Why is Emma preparing for a trip?
(a) She has decided to run off with Rodolphe.
(b) She is going to visit her father.
(c) She is bringing Berthe to stay with relatives.
(d) She is going to Paris to meet Léon.
3. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) He sues Charles and Homais.
(b) He recovers completely.
(c) He dies.
(d) His foot needs to be amputated.
4. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her bridal bouquet.
(b) Her love letters from Charles.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Her favorite books.
5. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) Starts going to church.
(b) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
(c) Embarks on her household chores with care.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
2. What event does Charles think will help Emma return to good spirits?
3. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
4. What is Monsieur Binet doing when Emma runs into him on the way to visit Rodolphe?
5. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)