|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
(a) He gives it to Emma to help pay her expenses.
(b) Emma steals it.
(c) He loses it in a card game at Homais'.
(d) He uses it as a gift for Hippolyte.
2. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(a) Only the priest and Emma's father.
3. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A journal.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Some exotic plants.
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Some items have been stolen.
(b) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(c) Dinner is not made.
(d) She has been caught drinking liquor.
5. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Murder him.
(c) Run after him.
(d) Tell Charles about the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
2. How does Emma try to recuperate from her illness after a talk with Abbé Bournisien?
3. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
4. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
5. Where does Emma next see Monsieur Binet?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)