|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(b) Emma Bovary.
(c) Charles Bovary.
(d) Leon Dupuis.
2. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
(a) Known as being irresponsible.
(b) A braggart and know-it-all.
(c) Conscientious and reliable.
(d) Often late for class.
3. What event does Charles think will help Emma return to good spirits?
(a) Seeing an opera at Rouen.
(b) Visiting her father.
(c) Going to a party at Homais'.
(d) Hosting a dinner party.
4. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A traveling circus.
(b) A large agricultural exhibition.
(c) A fashion show.
(d) A display of scientific artifacts.
5. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
(a) Emma's home at Bertaux.
(b) Charles' home at Tostes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
2. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
3. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
4. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
5. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)