|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emma go as a place of refuge and comfort when she feels as if she can no longer breathe?
(a) To the church.
(b) To see Charles.
(c) The home of Mère Rollet.
(d) To Rouen.
2. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(a) Charles' mother.
(c) Monsieur Homais.
3. Why do they leave the opera early?
(a) They need to catch their coach.
(b) They are tired.
(c) They have to meet friends for dinner.
(d) It is too warm.
4. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
(a) She can add a new horse to their stable.
(b) She can buy new living room furniture.
(c) She can buy a new riding habit.
(d) She can take a trip to Paris afterwards.
5. Why is Boulanger's attention in such high demand at the fair?
(a) He is one of Yonville's foremost contributors to agriculture.
(b) He has financed the entire fair.
(c) He has invented a groundbreaking new agricultural tool.
(d) He has raised a prize-winning sow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
2. Who visits the Bovarys and is shocked by Emma's behavior?
3. What happens to Charles' first wife?
4. Why is Emma scrambling for money?
5. What does Monsieur Guillaumin, the notary, do when Emma comes to him for help?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)