|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(b) La Vaubyessard.
(c) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(d) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
2. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
(a) They take long horseback rides together.
(b) They always write letters to each other.
(c) They read romance novels together.
(d) They eat together and take walks together.
3. What language does Emma decide she should learn to make herself feel better?
4. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) A salon of political conversation.
(b) Book discussions.
(d) Excessive drinking of wine.
5. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(b) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
(c) It still has boarders living in it.
(d) It is infested with mice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
2. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
3. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
4. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
5. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)