|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) The local church.
(b) Homais' Pharmacy.
(c) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(d) The Bovary home.
2. What happens to Justin while Charles is helping Boulanger?
(a) He faints.
(b) He confesses his love for Emma.
(c) He continually interrupts the doctor.
(d) He decides he no longer wants to be a doctor.
3. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
(a) He is very talkative and engages everyone he meets in conversation.
(b) He is dressed very poorly.
(c) He rides a horse through the fair.
(d) He is very elaborately dressed.
4. Where does she decide to go as a last resort?
(a) To Charles' mother.
(b) To confess all to Charles.
(c) To La Huchette to see Rodolphe.
(d) To beg Monsieur Lhereux for mercy one last time.
5. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He has just spoken to Léon.
(b) He is late for dinner.
(c) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(d) He is awaiting another confessor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
2. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
3. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
4. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
5. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)