|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(b) Book discussions.
(c) A salon of political conversation.
(d) Excessive drinking of wine.
2. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Emma's mother.
(b) Emma's father.
(c) Charles' mother.
(d) Charles' father.
3. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) An exotic location far away.
(b) At his parents' home.
(c) At an inn in Yonville.
(d) At her parents' home.
4. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(b) It is infested with mice.
(c) It still has boarders living in it.
(d) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
5. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
(a) Local town gossip.
(b) Medicine and the weather.
(c) Political upheaval.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charles have come to visit Emma to help her out of her depression?
2. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
3. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
4. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)