|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(b) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(c) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(d) Emma fires her new maid.
2. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He is about to retire.
(b) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(c) He has received many awards.
(d) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
3. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
(a) She lost her faith.
(b) She fell in love.
(c) Her father died.
(d) Her mother died.
4. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(b) Dry goods and linens.
5. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(c) Charles' father.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
2. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
3. What present does Emma give to Léon?
4. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
5. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)