|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
2. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
(b) In the forest.
(c) On a ship going to England.
(d) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
3. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(c) Dry goods and linens.
4. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(c) The local church.
(d) The Bovary home.
5. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A rose.
(d) A gold coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
2. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
3. What language does Emma decide she should learn to make herself feel better?
4. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
5. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)