|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
(a) She has raised the winning sheep for 5 years in a row.
(b) She has worked at the same farm her entire life.
(c) She has had 11 children.
(d) She was the first woman to win an agricultural prize.
2. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
(a) The previous doctor.
(b) Abbé Bournisien.
(c) Monsieur Binet.
(d) Léon Dupuis.
3. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A traveling circus.
(b) A large agricultural exhibition.
(c) A fashion show.
(d) A display of scientific artifacts.
4. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(b) Homais' Pharmacy.
(c) The local church.
(d) The Bovary home.
5. After Léon leaves to continue his studies, how does Emma cope with the loss?
(a) She leaves Charles.
(b) She begins doing charitable works for the poor.
(c) She spends more time doting on Berthe.
(d) She begins to buy herself extravagant things.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
2. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
3. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
4. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
5. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)