|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) In the forest.
(b) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
(c) On a ship going to England.
(d) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
2. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It is infested with mice.
(b) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
(c) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(d) It still has boarders living in it.
3. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
(d) Far away places.
4. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(b) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(c) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(d) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
2. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
3. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
4. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
5. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)