|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Charles' mother.
(b) Charles' father.
(c) Emma's father.
(d) Emma's mother.
2. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
(b) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
(c) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
(d) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
3. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(b) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(c) La Vaubyessard.
(d) At Charles' home at Tostes.
4. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(b) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(c) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(d) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
5. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
(d) Her maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
2. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
3. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
4. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
5. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)