|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
(b) Starts going to church.
(c) Embarks on her household chores with care.
(d) All answers are correct.
2. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(b) Charles' father.
3. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
(b) Leon Dupuis.
(c) A visiting priest.
(d) A spinster who helped with the sewing.
4. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
(a) They eat together and take walks together.
(b) They always write letters to each other.
(c) They take long horseback rides together.
(d) They read romance novels together.
5. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) La Vaubyessard.
(b) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(c) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(d) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
2. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
3. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
4. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
5. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)