|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
(a) During one of the Homais' Sunday parties.
(b) At a dance he is organizing.
(c) The agricultural show.
(d) Emma's home.
2. What language does Emma decide she should learn to make herself feel better?
3. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
(b) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
(c) He was chronically absent from work.
(d) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Dinner is not made.
(b) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(c) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(d) Some items have been stolen.
5. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He is about to retire.
(b) He has received many awards.
(c) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
(d) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
2. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
3. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
4. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
5. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)