|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to Emma's poor health.
(b) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(c) To be closer to his parents.
(d) To be closer to Emma's parents.
2. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) She doesn't want to spend the money.
(b) She is too ill to buy anything.
(c) She wants to wait for Charles to help her decide what to purchase.
(d) He offends her with his coarse manner.
3. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) An antique ring.
(b) A portrait of himself.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A new dog.
4. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
(a) The previous doctor.
(b) Monsieur Binet.
(c) Abbé Bournisien.
(d) Léon Dupuis.
5. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At her parents' home.
(b) An exotic location far away.
(c) At his parents' home.
(d) At an inn in Yonville.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
2. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
3. Why don't the fireworks go off at the end of the agricultural fair?
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
5. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)