|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
(a) She can take a trip to Paris afterwards.
(b) She can buy new living room furniture.
(c) She can add a new horse to their stable.
(d) She can buy a new riding habit.
2. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He was chronically absent from work.
(b) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
(c) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
(d) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
3. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
(b) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
(c) She falls and cuts her face.
(d) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
4. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She drastically cuts her hair.
(b) She becomes pregnant again.
(c) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(d) She grows very thin.
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(b) Book discussions.
(c) A salon of political conversation.
(d) Excessive drinking of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
2. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
3. Who does Charles have come to visit Emma to help her out of her depression?
4. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
5. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)