|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
2. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She becomes pregnant again.
(b) She drastically cuts her hair.
(c) She grows very thin.
(d) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
3. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
4. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
(c) Embarks on her household chores with care.
(d) Starts going to church.
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He takes her to Rome.
(b) He writes her a love poem.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He frames her sketches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
2. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
3. After Léon leaves to continue his studies, how does Emma cope with the loss?
4. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
5. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)