|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(b) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(c) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(d) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
2. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) An exotic location far away.
(b) At her parents' home.
(c) At his parents' home.
(d) At an inn in Yonville.
3. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
(b) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
(c) He was chronically absent from work.
(d) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
4. Why is Boulanger's attention in such high demand at the fair?
(a) He has financed the entire fair.
(b) He is one of Yonville's foremost contributors to agriculture.
(c) He has raised a prize-winning sow.
(d) He has invented a groundbreaking new agricultural tool.
5. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
(a) By exchanging letters.
(b) By talking through her open bedroom window.
(c) By paintings they draw for each other.
(d) By code unknowingly transmitted by Justin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
2. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
3. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
4. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
5. After Léon leaves to continue his studies, how does Emma cope with the loss?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)