|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) On a ship going to England.
(b) In the forest.
(c) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
(d) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
2. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
(a) She lost her faith.
(b) She fell in love.
(c) Her mother died.
(d) Her father died.
3. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) Book discussions.
(b) A salon of political conversation.
(c) Excessive drinking of wine.
4. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(b) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(c) Because he is in love with Emma.
(d) Because he has a crush on the maid.
5. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
2. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
3. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
4. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
5. Why is Boulanger's attention in such high demand at the fair?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)