|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Monsieur Rodolphe Boulanger call on Charles?
(a) For nutritional advice.
(b) For a bloodletting.
(c) He has broken his leg.
(d) He is interested in becoming a doctor.
2. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) A new dog.
(b) An antique ring.
(c) A portrait of himself.
(d) A new dress.
3. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
(a) Reading romance novels.
(b) Writing letters.
(d) Carving figurines.
4. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By bringing him gifts.
(b) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(c) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
(d) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
5. What language does Emma decide she should learn to make herself feel better?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Charles' first wife?
2. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
3. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
4. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
5. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)