|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Emma's father.
(b) Charles' father.
(c) Emma's mother.
(d) Charles' mother.
2. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
(a) He has bankrupted him through exorbitant loans.
(b) He got him censured for unethical business practices.
(c) He competed with the man's business.
(d) He stole his wife.
3. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) A puppy.
(b) An ornate coverlet.
(c) Some exotic plants.
(d) A journal.
4. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
(a) She lost her faith.
(b) She fell in love.
(c) Her mother died.
(d) Her father died.
5. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
(a) Emma's home.
(b) During one of the Homais' Sunday parties.
(c) The agricultural show.
(d) At a dance he is organizing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
2. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
3. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
4. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
5. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)