|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A canary.
(b) A dog.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dress.
2. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(b) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(c) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(d) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
3. What happens to Charles' first wife?
(a) She leaves him for a local priest.
(b) She is killed by a horse.
(c) She dies after becoming financially ruined.
(d) She runs off to Paris to become an actress.
4. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(b) Because he has a crush on the maid.
(c) Because he is in love with Emma.
(d) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
5. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) A journal.
(b) An ornate coverlet.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Some exotic plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
2. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
3. What language does Emma decide she should learn to make herself feel better?
4. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
5. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)