|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A rose.
(d) A book of poetry.
2. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She becomes pregnant again.
(b) She drastically cuts her hair.
(c) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(d) She grows very thin.
3. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
(b) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
(c) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
(d) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
4. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(b) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
(c) By bringing him gifts.
(d) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
5. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It is infested with mice.
(b) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
(c) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(d) It still has boarders living in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
3. What award is being presented as Rodolphe professes his love for Emma?
4. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
5. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)