|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
(b) Reading romance novels.
(c) Writing letters.
(d) Carving figurines.
2. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He was chronically absent from work.
(b) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
(c) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
(d) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
3. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) The local church.
(b) Homais' Pharmacy.
(c) The Bovary home.
(d) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
4. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(a) Childhood memories and times at school.
(c) Popular fashions and town gossip.
5. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
(a) The agricultural show.
(b) During one of the Homais' Sunday parties.
(c) Emma's home.
(d) At a dance he is organizing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
2. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
3. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
4. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
5. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)