|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(a) Dry goods and linens.
2. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
(a) By talking through her open bedroom window.
(b) By exchanging letters.
(c) By paintings they draw for each other.
(d) By code unknowingly transmitted by Justin.
3. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(d) Only the priest and Emma's father.
4. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
(a) She can buy a new riding habit.
(b) She can buy new living room furniture.
(c) She can add a new horse to their stable.
(d) She can take a trip to Paris afterwards.
5. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
(a) A puppy.
(b) Some exotic plants.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
2. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
3. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
4. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
5. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)