|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It is infested with mice.
(b) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(c) It still has boarders living in it.
(d) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
2. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
(b) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
(c) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
(d) He was chronically absent from work.
3. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
4. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(a) Dry goods and linens.
5. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 46 days.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Emma give to Léon?
2. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
3. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
4. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
5. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)