|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Bovary home.
(d) Homais' Pharmacy.
2. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to Emma's poor health.
(b) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(c) To be closer to his parents.
(d) To be closer to Emma's parents.
3. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
(a) A spinster who helped with the sewing.
(c) Leon Dupuis.
(d) A visiting priest.
4. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
5. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
(a) Watching a flax mill being built.
(b) At her husband's office.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) At a horse race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
2. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
3. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
4. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
5. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)