|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Charles' father.
(b) Emma's father.
(c) Charles' mother.
(d) Emma's mother.
2. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) A puppy.
(b) Some exotic plants.
(c) A journal.
(d) An ornate coverlet.
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He frames her sketches.
(b) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(c) He writes her a love poem.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
4. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
(b) Emma's home at Bertaux.
(d) Charles' home at Tostes.
5. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(b) He is awaiting another confessor.
(c) He is late for dinner.
(d) He has just spoken to Léon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
2. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
3. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
4. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
5. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)