|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(a) Only the priest and Emma's father.
2. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A display of scientific artifacts.
(b) A traveling circus.
(c) A large agricultural exhibition.
(d) A fashion show.
3. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He has received many awards.
(b) He is about to retire.
(c) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(d) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
4. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(b) La Vaubyessard.
(c) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(d) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(b) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(c) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(d) He has few patients and is worried about money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
2. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
3. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
4. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
5. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)