|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(b) He gives him a house on his estate.
(c) He gives him a horse.
(d) He gives him 5 francs.
2. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(b) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(c) Because he has a crush on the maid.
(d) Because he is in love with Emma.
3. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She falls and cuts her face.
(b) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
(c) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
(d) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
4. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Charles' mother.
(b) Emma's mother.
(c) Emma's father.
(d) Charles' father.
5. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He wants to become a doctor.
(b) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
(c) He wants to join the military.
(d) He wants to become a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
2. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
3. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
4. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
5. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)