|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(b) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(c) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(d) By helping him study to become a doctor.
2. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
(a) Because he does not have a compassionate nature.
(b) Because she decides to confide in Charles instead.
(c) Because she decides to go shopping instead.
(d) Because she is late for dinner.
3. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
(a) Watching a flax mill being built.
(b) At a horse race.
(c) At her husband's office.
(d) At a wedding.
4. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
(b) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
(c) He was chronically absent from work.
(d) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
5. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(b) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(c) Due to Emma's poor health.
(d) To be closer to his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
3. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
4. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
5. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)