|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(b) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(c) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(d) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
2. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(b) Because he is in love with Emma.
(c) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(d) Because he has a crush on the maid.
3. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
(a) Monsieur Binet.
(b) The previous doctor.
(c) Léon Dupuis.
(d) Abbé Bournisien.
4. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) She wants to wait for Charles to help her decide what to purchase.
(b) He offends her with his coarse manner.
(c) She doesn't want to spend the money.
(d) She is too ill to buy anything.
5. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her favorite books.
(b) Her love letters from Charles.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Her bridal bouquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
2. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
3. What happens to Charles' first wife?
4. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
5. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)