|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
(a) Charles' home at Tostes.
(c) Emma's home at Bertaux.
2. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Starts going to church.
(c) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
(d) Embarks on her household chores with care.
3. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 5 francs.
(b) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(c) He gives him a horse.
(d) He gives him a house on his estate.
4. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) An antique ring.
(b) A new dog.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A portrait of himself.
5. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(b) Childhood memories and times at school.
(c) Popular fashions and town gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
2. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
3. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
4. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
5. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)