|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Learning how to cook.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
(d) Creating her wardrobe.
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(b) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(c) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(d) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
3. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(b) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(c) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(d) Emma fires her new maid.
4. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He wants to become a doctor.
(b) He wants to join the military.
(c) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
(d) He wants to become a priest.
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Some items have been stolen.
(b) Dinner is not made.
(c) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(d) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
2. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
4. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
5. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)