|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) Book discussions.
(c) A salon of political conversation.
(d) Excessive drinking of wine.
2. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(b) Emma Bovary.
(c) Leon Dupuis.
(d) Charles Bovary.
3. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
(a) Some exotic plants.
(b) A journal.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A puppy.
4. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
5. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
(a) Léon Dupuis.
(b) The previous doctor.
(c) Abbé Bournisien.
(d) Monsieur Binet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
2. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
3. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
4. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
5. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)