|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her favorite books.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) Her love letters from Charles.
(d) Her bridal bouquet.
2. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
(a) At a horse race.
(b) At her husband's office.
(c) Watching a flax mill being built.
(d) At a wedding.
3. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
4. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
5. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
(b) He was chronically absent from work.
(c) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
(d) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
2. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
3. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
4. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)