|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
(b) He wants to join the military.
(c) He wants to become a doctor.
(d) He wants to become a priest.
2. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He was chronically absent from work.
(b) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
(c) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
(d) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
3. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(b) She becomes pregnant again.
(c) She drastically cuts her hair.
(d) She grows very thin.
4. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he has a crush on the maid.
(b) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(c) Because he is in love with Emma.
(d) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
5. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(b) He has just spoken to Léon.
(c) He is awaiting another confessor.
(d) He is late for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
2. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
3. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
4. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
5. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)