|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
2. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
(b) Far away places.
3. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He has just spoken to Léon.
(b) He is late for dinner.
(c) He is awaiting another confessor.
(d) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
4. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(b) La Vaubyessard.
(c) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(d) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
5. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It still has boarders living in it.
(b) It is infested with mice.
(c) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
(d) It is well-designed but in disarray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
2. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
3. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
4. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)