|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 46 days.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 days.
2. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
(a) Political upheaval.
(b) Local town gossip.
(d) Medicine and the weather.
3. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
(a) Her mother died.
(b) She lost her faith.
(c) Her father died.
(d) She fell in love.
4. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Charles' mother.
(b) Charles' father.
(c) Emma's father.
(d) Emma's mother.
5. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(a) Popular fashions and town gossip.
(c) Childhood memories and times at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
2. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
3. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
4. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
5. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)