|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(b) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(c) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(d) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
2. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(b) He is about to retire.
(c) He has received many awards.
(d) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
3. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(b) The Bovary home.
(c) Homais' Pharmacy.
(d) The local church.
4. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It still has boarders living in it.
(b) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(c) It is infested with mice.
(d) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
5. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
2. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
3. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
4. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
5. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)