|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(b) Childhood memories and times at school.
(d) Popular fashions and town gossip.
2. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
3. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
(b) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
(c) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
(d) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
4. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) A journal.
(b) Some exotic plants.
(c) A puppy.
(d) An ornate coverlet.
5. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(b) Emma fires her new maid.
(c) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(d) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
2. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
3. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
4. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)