|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(b) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(c) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(d) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
2. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Embarks on her household chores with care.
(c) Starts going to church.
(d) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
3. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
(b) He was chronically absent from work.
(c) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
(d) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
4. What happens to Charles' first wife?
(a) She runs off to Paris to become an actress.
(b) She is killed by a horse.
(c) She dies after becoming financially ruined.
(d) She leaves him for a local priest.
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) Book discussions.
(b) Excessive drinking of wine.
(c) A salon of political conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
2. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
3. What present does Emma give to Léon?
4. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
5. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)