|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A new dress.
(c) Some exotic plants.
(d) A journal.
2. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(b) Dry goods and linens.
3. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
(b) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(c) It is infested with mice.
(d) It still has boarders living in it.
4. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he is in love with Emma.
(b) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(c) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(d) Because he has a crush on the maid.
5. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 46 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
2. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
3. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
4. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
5. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)