|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
(a) She wants to become a nun.
(b) She feels that life is boring and uneventful.
(c) She misses her best friend.
(d) She has ended an unsatisfying love affair.
2. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She grows very thin.
(b) She drastically cuts her hair.
(c) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(d) She becomes pregnant again.
3. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(b) He has just spoken to Léon.
(c) He is late for dinner.
(d) He is awaiting another confessor.
4. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(b) Charles Bovary.
(c) Emma Bovary.
(d) Leon Dupuis.
5. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(b) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(c) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(d) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
2. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
3. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
4. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
5. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)