|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(b) Due to Emma's poor health.
(c) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(d) To be closer to his parents.
2. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Charles' mother.
(b) Emma's mother.
(c) Charles' father.
(d) Emma's father.
3. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(b) Some items have been stolen.
(c) Dinner is not made.
(d) She has been caught drinking liquor.
4. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(b) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(c) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(d) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
5. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(b) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(c) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(d) Emma fires her new maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
2. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
3. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
4. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
5. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)