|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(b) Dinner is not made.
(c) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(d) Some items have been stolen.
2. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him a horse.
(b) He gives him 5 francs.
(c) He gives him a house on his estate.
(d) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
3. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
4. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
5. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 46 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
2. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
3. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
4. What happens to Charles' first wife?
5. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)