|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
2. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(b) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(c) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(d) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
3. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It still has boarders living in it.
(b) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(c) It is infested with mice.
(d) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
4. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
(a) The previous doctor.
(b) Monsieur Binet.
(c) Abbé Bournisien.
(d) Léon Dupuis.
5. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
(a) She lost her faith.
(b) Her mother died.
(c) She fell in love.
(d) Her father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
3. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
4. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
5. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)