|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(b) Monsieur Homais.
(d) Charles' father.
2. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Bovary home.
(d) Homais' Pharmacy.
3. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(b) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(c) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(d) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
4. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(d) Only the priest and Emma's father.
5. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(b) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(c) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(d) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
2. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
3. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
4. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)