|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He has received many awards.
(b) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(c) He is about to retire.
(d) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
2. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
(a) She has ended an unsatisfying love affair.
(b) She wants to become a nun.
(c) She misses her best friend.
(d) She feels that life is boring and uneventful.
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He frames her sketches.
(b) He takes her to Rome.
(c) He writes her a love poem.
(d) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
4. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(b) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(c) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(d) Emma fires her new maid.
5. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her bridal bouquet.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) Her love letters from Charles.
(d) Her favorite books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
2. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
3. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
4. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
5. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)