|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon the arrival of the Bovarys in Yonville, what does Homais do?
(a) Tells Charles his services are no longer needed.
(b) Invites himself to dinner with them.
(c) Kisses Emma and causes a scandal.
(d) Asks the Bovarys to stay with him.
2. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At her parents' home.
(b) At an inn in Yonville.
(c) At his parents' home.
(d) An exotic location far away.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Emma Bovary.
(b) Charles Bovary.
(c) Leon Dupuis.
4. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(b) La Vaubyessard.
(c) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(d) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
5. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) On a ship going to England.
(b) In the forest.
(c) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
(d) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
2. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
3. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
4. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
5. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)