|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 46 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 months.
2. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The Bovary home.
(c) The local church.
(d) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
3. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(b) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
(c) It is infested with mice.
(d) It still has boarders living in it.
4. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Charles' mother.
(b) Emma's mother.
(c) Charles' father.
(d) Emma's father.
5. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(b) Emma Bovary.
(c) Leon Dupuis.
(d) Charles Bovary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
2. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
3. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
4. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)