|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
(a) Leon Dupuis.
(c) A spinster who helped with the sewing.
(d) A visiting priest.
2. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Her love letters from Charles.
(c) Her bridal bouquet.
(d) Her favorite books.
3. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(b) He gives him 5 francs.
(c) He gives him a horse.
(d) He gives him a house on his estate.
4. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
5. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
(a) They always write letters to each other.
(b) They read romance novels together.
(c) They take long horseback rides together.
(d) They eat together and take walks together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
2. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
3. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
4. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
5. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)