|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
(a) She feels that life is boring and uneventful.
(b) She has ended an unsatisfying love affair.
(c) She misses her best friend.
(d) She wants to become a nun.
2. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 46 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 years.
3. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(a) New York.
4. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Emma Bovary.
(b) Leon Dupuis.
(c) Charles Bovary.
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(b) He writes her a love poem.
(c) He takes her to Rome.
(d) He frames her sketches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
2. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
3. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
4. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
5. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)