|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
(a) Her father died.
(b) She lost her faith.
(c) She fell in love.
(d) Her mother died.
2. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(b) Childhood memories and times at school.
(d) Popular fashions and town gossip.
3. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) To be closer to his parents.
(b) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(c) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(d) Due to Emma's poor health.
4. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(b) New York.
5. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
2. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
3. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
4. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
5. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)