|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
(a) She cannot afford to buy the layette that she wants.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) It provides one more attachment to a middle-class, provincial life.
(d) It is a girl and not a boy.
2. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(b) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(c) Some items have been stolen.
(d) Dinner is not made.
3. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Her bridal bouquet.
(c) Her love letters from Charles.
(d) Her favorite books.
4. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(a) Charles' father.
(c) Monsieur Homais.
5. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A ring.
(b) A dog.
(c) A dress.
(d) A canary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
2. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
3. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
4. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
5. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)