|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(b) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(c) La Vaubyessard.
(d) At Charles' home at Tostes.
2. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(c) Only the priest and Emma's father.
3. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
(b) Local town gossip.
(c) Political upheaval.
(d) Medicine and the weather.
4. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Bovary home.
(d) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
5. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(b) Due to Emma's poor health.
(c) To be closer to his parents.
(d) To be closer to Emma's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
2. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
3. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
4. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
5. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)