|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
(c) Far away places.
2. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) On a ship going to England.
(b) In the forest.
(c) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
(d) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
3. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
4. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Charles Bovary.
(c) Emma Bovary.
(d) Leon Dupuis.
5. Upon the arrival of the Bovarys in Yonville, what does Homais do?
(a) Asks the Bovarys to stay with him.
(b) Tells Charles his services are no longer needed.
(c) Kisses Emma and causes a scandal.
(d) Invites himself to dinner with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
2. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
3. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
4. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
5. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)