|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(b) He frames her sketches.
(c) He takes her to Rome.
(d) He writes her a love poem.
2. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
(a) Leon Dupuis.
(b) A visiting priest.
(c) A spinster who helped with the sewing.
3. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Learning how to cook.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
(d) Creating her wardrobe.
4. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
(b) Political upheaval.
(c) Local town gossip.
(d) Medicine and the weather.
5. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) In the forest.
(b) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
(c) On a ship going to England.
(d) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
2. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
3. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
4. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
5. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)