|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(a) Only the priest and Emma's father.
2. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A rose.
(d) A gold coin.
3. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Some items have been stolen.
(b) Dinner is not made.
(c) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(d) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
4. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Emma's mother.
(b) Emma's father.
(c) Charles' mother.
(d) Charles' father.
5. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Learning how to cook.
(b) Creating her wardrobe.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
2. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
3. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
4. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)