|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
2. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) On a ship going to England.
(b) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
(c) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
(d) In the forest.
3. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
(a) Leon Dupuis.
(c) A visiting priest.
(d) A spinster who helped with the sewing.
4. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(a) New York.
5. Upon the arrival of the Bovarys in Yonville, what does Homais do?
(a) Asks the Bovarys to stay with him.
(b) Tells Charles his services are no longer needed.
(c) Kisses Emma and causes a scandal.
(d) Invites himself to dinner with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
2. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
3. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
5. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)