|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 46 days.
(d) 2 years.
2. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
(a) It is a mere cottage and not up to Emma's standards.
(b) It is well-designed but in disarray.
(c) It is infested with mice.
(d) It still has boarders living in it.
3. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(d) The Bovary home.
4. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
(a) Her mother died.
(b) Her father died.
(c) She lost her faith.
(d) She fell in love.
5. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He has received many awards.
(b) He is about to retire.
(c) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(d) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
2. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
3. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
4. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
5. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)