|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(b) La Vaubyessard.
(c) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(d) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
2. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
(b) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
(c) He was chronically absent from work.
(d) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
3. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
(a) Charles' home at Tostes.
(c) Emma's home at Bertaux.
4. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
(a) Writing letters.
(b) Reading romance novels.
(d) Carving figurines.
5. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
2. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
3. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
4. What is the main topic of conversation at Emma's first dinner in Yonville?
5. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)