|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
2. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her favorite books.
(b) Her bridal bouquet.
(c) Her love letters from Charles.
(d) Her wedding dress.
3. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(b) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(c) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(d) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
4. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
(a) She has ended an unsatisfying love affair.
(b) She misses her best friend.
(c) She feels that life is boring and uneventful.
(d) She wants to become a nun.
5. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(d) The Bovary home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
2. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
4. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
5. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)