|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Charles' father, Charles Denis Bartholomé Bovary, get removed from his post as an Army surgeon?
(a) He was chronically absent from work.
(b) He was involved in a scandal involving prescriptions.
(c) He was laundering money to pay gambling debts.
(d) He had an affair with his superior's wife.
2. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(a) New York.
3. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(d) Only the priest and Emma's father.
4. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(b) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(c) Due to Emma's poor health.
(d) To be closer to his parents.
5. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(b) He gives him 5 francs.
(c) He gives him a house on his estate.
(d) He gives him a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Emma and Léon get to know each other, what do they originally discuss?
2. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
3. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
4. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
5. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)