|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Charles Bovary.
(b) Leon Dupuis.
(d) Emma Bovary.
2. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
(a) They take long horseback rides together.
(b) They read romance novels together.
(c) They eat together and take walks together.
(d) They always write letters to each other.
3. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(b) Childhood memories and times at school.
(c) Popular fashions and town gossip.
4. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He frames her sketches.
(b) He takes her to Rome.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He writes her a love poem.
5. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her love letters from Charles.
(b) Her bridal bouquet.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Her favorite books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
2. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
3. What happens to Charles' first wife?
4. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
5. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)