|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
(a) They eat together and take walks together.
(b) They take long horseback rides together.
(c) They always write letters to each other.
(d) They read romance novels together.
2. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A cigar case.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A rose.
3. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
4. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(b) New York.
5. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) The local church.
(b) The Bovary home.
(c) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(d) Homais' Pharmacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
2. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
3. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
4. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)