|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(b) Emma fires her new maid.
(c) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(d) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
2. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(b) To be closer to his parents.
(c) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(d) Due to Emma's poor health.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Charles Bovary.
(c) Leon Dupuis.
(d) Emma Bovary.
4. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Bovary home.
(b) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(c) The local church.
(d) Homais' Pharmacy.
5. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
(a) They read romance novels together.
(b) They always write letters to each other.
(c) They eat together and take walks together.
(d) They take long horseback rides together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
2. What happens to Charles' first wife?
3. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
4. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
5. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)