|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Her love letters from Charles.
(c) Her favorite books.
(d) Her bridal bouquet.
2. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(b) Childhood memories and times at school.
(c) Popular fashions and town gossip.
3. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
(a) Charles' home at Tostes.
(c) Emma's home at Bertaux.
4. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(b) To be closer to his parents.
(c) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(d) Due to Emma's poor health.
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(b) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(c) Some items have been stolen.
(d) Dinner is not made.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
2. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
3. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
4. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
5. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)