|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(b) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(c) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(d) La Vaubyessard.
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(b) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(c) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(d) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He frames her sketches.
(b) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(c) He writes her a love poem.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
4. What happens to Charles' first wife?
(a) She is killed by a horse.
(b) She runs off to Paris to become an actress.
(c) She leaves him for a local priest.
(d) She dies after becoming financially ruined.
5. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
2. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
3. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
4. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
5. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)