|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
(a) They read romance novels together.
(b) They always write letters to each other.
(c) They take long horseback rides together.
(d) They eat together and take walks together.
2. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A rose.
(d) A book of poetry.
3. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(b) Only the priest and Emma's father.
4. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A dress.
(b) A dog.
(c) A ring.
(d) A canary.
5. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to Emma's poor health.
(b) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(c) To be closer to his parents.
(d) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
2. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
3. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
4. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)