|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(b) He frames her sketches.
(c) He writes her a love poem.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
2. What happens to Charles' first wife?
(a) She dies after becoming financially ruined.
(b) She leaves him for a local priest.
(c) She is killed by a horse.
(d) She runs off to Paris to become an actress.
3. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(b) He gives him a house on his estate.
(c) He gives him 5 francs.
(d) He gives him a horse.
4. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to Emma's poor health.
(b) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(c) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(d) To be closer to his parents.
5. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(b) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(c) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(d) Emma fires her new maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
2. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
3. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
4. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
5. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)