|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(b) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(c) To be closer to his parents.
(d) Due to Emma's poor health.
2. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
(a) Her father died.
(b) She fell in love.
(c) She lost her faith.
(d) Her mother died.
3. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
4. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(b) He gives him a horse.
(c) He gives him a house on his estate.
(d) He gives him 5 francs.
5. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A dress.
(b) A ring.
(c) A dog.
(d) A canary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
2. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
3. What career does Charles Bovary eventually settle on to please his mother?
4. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
5. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)