|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The Bovary home.
(c) The local church.
(d) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
2. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(a) New York.
3. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma fires her new maid.
(b) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(c) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(d) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
4. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Learning how to cook.
(b) Creating her wardrobe.
(c) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
(d) Having an affair.
5. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
2. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
3. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
4. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
5. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)