|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(b) He gives him a house on his estate.
(c) He gives him a horse.
(d) He gives him 5 francs.
2. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Creating her wardrobe.
(b) Learning how to cook.
(c) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
(d) Having an affair.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Leon Dupuis.
(c) Charles Bovary.
(d) Emma Bovary.
4. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
(a) Writing letters.
(b) Reading romance novels.
(c) Carving figurines.
5. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
2. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
3. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
4. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)