|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her favorite books.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) Her love letters from Charles.
(d) Her bridal bouquet.
2. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(d) The Bovary home.
3. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
(a) They always write letters to each other.
(b) They take long horseback rides together.
(c) They eat together and take walks together.
(d) They read romance novels together.
4. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
(b) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
(c) On a ship going to England.
(d) In the forest.
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(b) He takes her to Rome.
(c) He writes her a love poem.
(d) He frames her sketches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
2. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
3. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
4. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
5. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)