|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(b) To be closer to his parents.
(c) Due to Emma's poor health.
(d) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(b) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(c) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(d) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
3. Why is Emma unhappy when she is no longer at the convent?
(a) She wants to become a nun.
(b) She misses her best friend.
(c) She has ended an unsatisfying love affair.
(d) She feels that life is boring and uneventful.
4. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(a) Only the priest and Emma's father.
5. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(b) He gives him a house on his estate.
(c) He gives him 5 francs.
(d) He gives him a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
2. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
5. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)