|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(b) He writes her a love poem.
(c) He frames her sketches.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
2. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(b) He gives him a house on his estate.
(c) He gives him 5 francs.
(d) He gives him a horse.
3. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A cigar case.
(d) A rose.
4. What happens to Charles' first wife?
(a) She dies after becoming financially ruined.
(b) She leaves him for a local priest.
(c) She runs off to Paris to become an actress.
(d) She is killed by a horse.
5. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Creating her wardrobe.
(d) Learning how to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
2. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
5. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)