|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A cigar case.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A rose.
2. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A canary.
(b) A dog.
(c) A dress.
(d) A ring.
3. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to Emma's poor health.
(b) To be closer to his parents.
(c) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(d) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Some items have been stolen.
(b) Dinner is not made.
(c) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(d) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
5. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
(a) Emma's home at Bertaux.
(d) Charles' home at Tostes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
2. What happens to Charles' first wife?
3. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
4. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
5. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)