|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(b) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(c) Emma fires her new maid.
(d) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
2. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(b) He frames her sketches.
(c) He takes her to Rome.
(d) He writes her a love poem.
3. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A rose.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A cigar case.
4. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(d) Only the priest and Emma's father.
5. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(b) The Bovary home.
(c) The local church.
(d) Homais' Pharmacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
2. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
3. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
4. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
5. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)