|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Bovary home.
(d) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(b) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(c) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(d) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(b) He writes her a love poem.
(c) He takes her to Rome.
(d) He frames her sketches.
4. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
(a) They eat together and take walks together.
(b) They always write letters to each other.
(c) They take long horseback rides together.
(d) They read romance novels together.
5. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
(b) Learning how to cook.
(c) Creating her wardrobe.
(d) Having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
2. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
3. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
4. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
5. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)