|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
(a) By code unknowingly transmitted by Justin.
(b) By exchanging letters.
(c) By talking through her open bedroom window.
(d) By paintings they draw for each other.
2. Where does Emma go as a place of refuge and comfort when she feels as if she can no longer breathe?
(a) To the church.
(b) To see Charles.
(c) The home of Mère Rollet.
(d) To Rouen.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Charles Bovary.
(b) Emma Bovary.
(c) Leon Dupuis.
4. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A rose.
(c) A cigar case.
(d) A gold coin.
5. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
(a) He got him censured for unethical business practices.
(b) He has bankrupted him through exorbitant loans.
(c) He competed with the man's business.
(d) He stole his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
2. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
3. What happens when the Bovarys arrive at the theater?
4. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
5. What is the name of the tenor featured in the opera the Bovarys see?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)