|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Boulanger decide his seduction of Emma will begin?
(a) The agricultural show.
(b) At a dance he is organizing.
(c) Emma's home.
(d) During one of the Homais' Sunday parties.
2. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
(a) He begins putting on airs.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He avoids the company of his colleagues.
(d) He neglects his work.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Charles Bovary.
(c) Leon Dupuis.
(d) Emma Bovary.
4. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A canary.
(b) A dress.
(c) A dog.
(d) A ring.
5. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A display of scientific artifacts.
(b) A fashion show.
(c) A large agricultural exhibition.
(d) A traveling circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
2. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
3. What happens to the money that Charles receives from one of his clients?
4. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
5. How does Emma's behavior begin to reflect her new, more daring lifestyle?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)