|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(b) He has just spoken to Léon.
(c) He is awaiting another confessor.
(d) He is late for dinner.
2. Why do they leave the opera early?
(a) It is too warm.
(b) They need to catch their coach.
(c) They are tired.
(d) They have to meet friends for dinner.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Charles Bovary.
(b) Emma Bovary.
(d) Leon Dupuis.
4. Who came to the convent to tell fantastic stories to the girls there?
(a) Leon Dupuis.
(c) A spinster who helped with the sewing.
(d) A visiting priest.
5. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(b) Dry goods and linens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
2. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
3. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
4. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
5. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)