Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
(b) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(c) He is about to retire.
(d) He has received many awards.
2. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To practice for an upcoming race.
(b) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
(c) To improve her health.
(d) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(b) Emma Bovary.
(c) Charles Bovary.
(d) Leon Dupuis.
4. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(b) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(c) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(d) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
5. What is the name of the town clerk who boards with the Homais family and is incredibly bored with the provincial life in Yonville?
(a) The previous doctor.
(b) Abbé Bournisien.
(c) Léon Dupuis.
(d) Monsieur Binet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the fireworks go off at the end of the agricultural fair?
2. What is one of Emma's favorite pastimes?
3. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
4. What do the ladies in town think when they see Emma talking to Binet?
5. What does Emma ask Léon to do to help her out?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)