|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her favorite books.
(b) Her love letters from Charles.
(c) Her bridal bouquet.
(d) Her wedding dress.
2. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
(c) Starts going to church.
(d) Embarks on her household chores with care.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Charles Bovary.
(b) Emma Bovary.
(d) Leon Dupuis.
4. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(a) Childhood memories and times at school.
(b) Popular fashions and town gossip.
5. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) La Vaubyessard.
(b) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(c) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(d) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
2. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
3. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
4. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
5. What do the Bovarys discover about their new home?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)