|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At an inn in Yonville.
(b) At her parents' home.
(c) At his parents' home.
(d) An exotic location far away.
2. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(b) Monsieur Homais.
(c) Charles' father.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(a) Leon Dupuis.
(c) Emma Bovary.
(d) Charles Bovary.
4. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 46 days.
5. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different beds does Emma realize that she has slept in during her short life?
2. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
3. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
4. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
5. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)