|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an early routine that Charles and Emma establish as newlyweds?
(a) They always write letters to each other.
(b) They read romance novels together.
(c) They eat together and take walks together.
(d) They take long horseback rides together.
2. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(b) New York.
3. The novel begins with a description of this character's experience in school. Who is this character?
(b) Leon Dupuis.
(c) Charles Bovary.
(d) Emma Bovary.
4. Where do Charles and Emma meet?
(a) In the forest.
(b) At a party in Paris given by Emma's cousins.
(c) On a ship going to England.
(d) At Les Bertaux, the home of Monsieur Rouault.
5. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Learning how to cook.
(b) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Creating her wardrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
2. How long does it take Monsieur Rouault to begin walking after he has broken his leg?
3. What causes Emma to return to Bertaux from the convent?
4. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
5. How old was Emma when she was sent to the convent to study?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)