|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
(a) She feels bad for the boy and wants him to get better.
(b) She wants him to become a success.
(c) She wants Charles out of the way so she can spend more time with Rodolphe.
(d) She needs the money to pay back a loan from Lhereux.
2. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A traveling circus.
(b) A large agricultural exhibition.
(c) A fashion show.
(d) A display of scientific artifacts.
3. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
(a) They are riding up front with the coachman.
(b) It is drawn by only one horse.
(c) The blinds are drawn.
(d) It is stopped all day by the river.
4. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
(a) A flying carpet.
(b) A tomb.
(c) A fire pit.
(d) A wedding bed.
5. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
2. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
4. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
5. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)