|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To practice for an upcoming race.
(b) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
(c) To improve her health.
(d) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
2. What does Emma threaten to do to her beloved piano?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Donate it to charity.
(d) Give it to Hippolyte.
3. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
(a) He begins putting on airs.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He neglects his work.
(d) He avoids the company of his colleagues.
4. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
(a) Medical equipment for Charles.
(b) New clothes for Berthe.
(c) New draperies and a carpet.
(d) Furnishings for Léon's apartment.
5. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Emma's mother.
(b) Charles' mother.
(c) Charles' father.
(d) Emma's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
2. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
3. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
4. Who does Homais get into a religious debate with?
5. Why is Boulanger's attention in such high demand at the fair?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)