|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The Bovary home.
(c) The local church.
(d) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
2. Why does Charles owe money to Monsieur Homais?
(a) To pay him back for helping with Hippolyte.
(b) To pay for the expenses incurred during Emma's illness.
(c) To pay off a loan.
(d) To pay for new clothes for Berthe.
3. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her love letters from Charles.
(b) Her favorite books.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Her bridal bouquet.
4. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 5 francs.
(b) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(c) He gives him a horse.
(d) He gives him a house on his estate.
5. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
(a) He rides a horse through the fair.
(b) He is dressed very poorly.
(c) He is very elaborately dressed.
(d) He is very talkative and engages everyone he meets in conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
2. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
3. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
4. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
5. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)