|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(c) Charles' father.
2. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At an inn in Yonville.
(b) At her parents' home.
(c) An exotic location far away.
(d) At his parents' home.
3. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
(a) Monsieur Vincart.
(c) Monsieur Binet.
(d) Abbé Bournisien.
4. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given a large sum of money.
(b) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
(c) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
(d) He is given an award by the local medical society.
5. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(b) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(c) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(d) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emma say she got the bouquet of flowers that Léon had given her?
2. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
3. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
4. Why does Charles owe money to Monsieur Homais?
5. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)