|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Lhereux ruined the life of a local townsman?
(a) He stole his wife.
(b) He competed with the man's business.
(c) He got him censured for unethical business practices.
(d) He has bankrupted him through exorbitant loans.
2. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She asks for the remaining sum of Charles' squandered inheritance.
(c) By selling her things.
(d) By sending bills to Charles' patients.
3. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
4. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A display of scientific artifacts.
(b) A fashion show.
(c) A traveling circus.
(d) A large agricultural exhibition.
5. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
(a) A flying carpet.
(b) A wedding bed.
(c) A fire pit.
(d) A tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
2. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
3. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
4. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
5. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)