|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma try to recuperate from her illness after a talk with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) By rediscovering religion.
(b) By reading poetry.
(c) By painting portraits of her family.
(d) By returning to horseback riding.
2. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
(a) He has a nervous stomach.
(b) He has a weak heart.
(c) He has had an accident and broken his leg.
(d) He has a deformed foot.
3. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
(a) Her maid.
4. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(b) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(c) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(d) By helping him study to become a doctor.
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Dinner is not made.
(b) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(c) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(d) Some items have been stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
2. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
3. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
4. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
5. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)