|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) He dies.
(b) He sues Charles and Homais.
(c) He recovers completely.
(d) His foot needs to be amputated.
2. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(a) Dry goods and linens.
3. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is late for dinner.
(b) He is awaiting another confessor.
(c) He has just spoken to Léon.
(d) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
4. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
(a) He has a deformed foot.
(b) He has a weak heart.
(c) He has had an accident and broken his leg.
(d) He has a nervous stomach.
5. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
(a) A wedding bed.
(b) A fire pit.
(c) A flying carpet.
(d) A tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
2. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
3. Why don't the fireworks go off at the end of the agricultural fair?
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
5. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)