|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(c) Monsieur Binet.
(d) Monsieur Vincart.
2. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By bringing him gifts.
(b) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(c) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
(d) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
3. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
(a) She needs the money to pay back a loan from Lhereux.
(b) She wants Charles out of the way so she can spend more time with Rodolphe.
(c) She wants him to become a success.
(d) She feels bad for the boy and wants him to get better.
4. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) He dies.
(b) He sues Charles and Homais.
(c) His foot needs to be amputated.
(d) He recovers completely.
5. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
(a) Take piano lessons in Rouen.
(b) Visit Rodolphe.
(c) Move to a larger home.
(d) Travel to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
2. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
3. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
4. What bad news does Homais break to Emma?
5. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)