|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(b) La Vaubyessard.
(c) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(d) At Charles' home at Tostes.
2. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(b) Monsieur Vincart.
(c) Monsieur Binet.
3. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(b) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(c) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(d) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
4. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He writes her a love poem.
(b) He frames her sketches.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
5. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
(a) She passes a bench where she sat with Rodolphe.
(b) She finds an old love letter from Rodolphe.
(c) She sees Rodolphe horseback riding with another woman.
(d) She hears Rodolphe's voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hobby does Emma decide to pursue again?
2. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
3. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
4. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
5. Who does Homais get into a religious debate with?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)