|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flaubert compare the stagecoach to?
(a) A wedding bed.
(b) A tomb.
(c) A flying carpet.
(d) A fire pit.
2. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(b) To be closer to his parents.
(c) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(d) Due to Emma's poor health.
3. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(b) Emma fires her new maid.
(c) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(d) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
4. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
(a) At the cathedral.
(b) At Léon's apartment.
(c) At Léon's office.
(d) On a boat.
5. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
(a) He lived next door.
(b) He followed the Bovarys the night before.
(c) He asked Charles.
(d) He had a friend at their hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
2. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
3. Who does Léon entertain that causes him to be late for a rendezvous with Emma?
4. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
5. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)