|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
(a) Monsieur Binet.
(c) Abbé Bournisien.
(d) Monsieur Vincart.
2. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
(a) After dinner with Charles.
(b) After Charles has fallen asleep for the evening.
(c) After Berthe takes her nap.
(d) In the early morning.
3. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
(b) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(c) By bloodletting.
(d) By calling in an outside expert.
4. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
(b) She falls and cuts her face.
(c) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
(d) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
5. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(d) The Bovary home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the fireworks go off at the end of the agricultural fair?
2. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
3. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
4. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
5. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)