|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) After dinner with Charles.
(c) After Berthe takes her nap.
(d) After Charles has fallen asleep for the evening.
2. During the fair, a woman wins a monetary award for what remarkable achievement?
(a) She has worked at the same farm her entire life.
(b) She was the first woman to win an agricultural prize.
(c) She has raised the winning sheep for 5 years in a row.
(d) She has had 11 children.
3. Why does Charles owe money to Monsieur Homais?
(a) To pay him back for helping with Hippolyte.
(b) To pay for new clothes for Berthe.
(c) To pay off a loan.
(d) To pay for the expenses incurred during Emma's illness.
4. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
(a) It is a girl and not a boy.
(b) She cannot afford to buy the layette that she wants.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) It provides one more attachment to a middle-class, provincial life.
5. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A fashion show.
(b) A traveling circus.
(c) A display of scientific artifacts.
(d) A large agricultural exhibition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
2. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
3. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
4. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
5. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)