|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(b) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(c) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(d) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
2. What does Léon's employer suggest he do about Emma?
(a) Break off the affair.
(b) Pay off her debts.
(c) Take her to Paris.
(d) Marry her.
3. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
(a) By exchanging letters.
(b) By paintings they draw for each other.
(c) By code unknowingly transmitted by Justin.
(d) By talking through her open bedroom window.
4. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She drastically cuts her hair.
(b) She grows very thin.
(c) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(d) She becomes pregnant again.
5. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At his parents' home.
(b) An exotic location far away.
(c) At an inn in Yonville.
(d) At her parents' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
2. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
3. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
4. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
5. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)