|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(a) Only the priest and Emma's father.
2. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(b) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(c) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(d) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
3. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
(a) At Léon's office.
(b) On a boat.
(c) At Léon's apartment.
(d) At the cathedral.
4. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(b) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(c) Emma fires her new maid.
(d) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
5. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
(a) Take piano lessons in Rouen.
(b) Move to a larger home.
(c) Visit Rodolphe.
(d) Travel to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of student was Léon while he was in school in Paris?
2. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
3. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
4. Who does Emma decide to consult with about gaining power of attorney?
5. Who does Léon entertain that causes him to be late for a rendezvous with Emma?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)