|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby does Emma decide to pursue again?
(a) Painting portraits.
(b) Horseback riding.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Writing poetry.
2. How does Emma try to recuperate from her illness after a talk with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) By painting portraits of her family.
(b) By reading poetry.
(c) By rediscovering religion.
(d) By returning to horseback riding.
3. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
(a) A week.
(b) One year.
(c) 43 days.
(d) 6 months.
4. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) She wants to wait for Charles to help her decide what to purchase.
(b) She is too ill to buy anything.
(c) He offends her with his coarse manner.
(d) She doesn't want to spend the money.
5. What bad news does Homais break to Emma?
(a) She owes him a large sum of money.
(b) Charles has left her.
(c) Her father-in-law has died.
(d) Berthe is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the fireworks go off at the end of the agricultural fair?
2. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
3. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
4. What award is being presented as Rodolphe professes his love for Emma?
5. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)