|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(b) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(c) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(d) By helping him study to become a doctor.
2. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
(a) He is dressed very poorly.
(b) He is very talkative and engages everyone he meets in conversation.
(c) He is very elaborately dressed.
(d) He rides a horse through the fair.
3. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
(a) She sees Rodolphe horseback riding with another woman.
(b) She finds an old love letter from Rodolphe.
(c) She passes a bench where she sat with Rodolphe.
(d) She hears Rodolphe's voice.
4. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) She doesn't want to spend the money.
(b) She wants to wait for Charles to help her decide what to purchase.
(c) He offends her with his coarse manner.
(d) She is too ill to buy anything.
5. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
(b) She falls and cuts her face.
(c) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
(d) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles owe money to Monsieur Homais?
2. What bad news does Homais break to Emma?
3. What award is being presented as Rodolphe professes his love for Emma?
4. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
5. Why don't the fireworks go off at the end of the agricultural fair?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)