|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
(b) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(c) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(d) Because he is the boy's uncle.
2. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(b) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(c) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(d) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
3. Why is Boulanger's attention in such high demand at the fair?
(a) He is one of Yonville's foremost contributors to agriculture.
(b) He has financed the entire fair.
(c) He has raised a prize-winning sow.
(d) He has invented a groundbreaking new agricultural tool.
4. What happens when Emma arrives back at her hotel?
(a) She runs into Rodolphe.
(b) She has missed her coach to Yonville.
(c) Charles is waiting for her.
(d) She has a letter waiting for her from Lhereux.
5. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
2. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
3. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
4. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
5. What does Emma finally convince Charles to let her do?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)