|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(b) Dinner is not made.
(c) Some items have been stolen.
(d) She has been caught drinking liquor.
2. How does Léon know where Emma was staying?
(a) He lived next door.
(b) He asked Charles.
(c) He followed the Bovarys the night before.
(d) He had a friend at their hotel.
3. What happens when the Bovarys arrive at the theater?
(a) They are too early.
(b) They are late.
(c) They get robbed.
(d) They run into Lhereux.
4. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
(a) He does not have enough money.
(b) He gets into an argument with the coachman.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He gets confused while buying tickets.
5. Why does Charles owe money to Monsieur Homais?
(a) To pay for the expenses incurred during Emma's illness.
(b) To pay off a loan.
(c) To pay for new clothes for Berthe.
(d) To pay him back for helping with Hippolyte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
2. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
3. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
4. Who does Emma decide to consult with about gaining power of attorney?
5. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)