|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(b) Charles' mother.
2. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma fires her new maid.
(b) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(c) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(d) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
3. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A rose.
4. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By bloodletting.
(b) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
(c) By calling in an outside expert.
(d) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He writes her a love poem.
(b) He frames her sketches.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
2. What does Emma threaten to do to her beloved piano?
3. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
4. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
5. How does Emma try to raise the money to pay off her debts?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)