|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
(a) Because she is late for dinner.
(b) Because she decides to go shopping instead.
(c) Because he does not have a compassionate nature.
(d) Because she decides to confide in Charles instead.
2. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A ring.
(b) A dog.
(c) A canary.
(d) A dress.
3. How does Charles complicate his trip with Emma?
(a) He gets into an argument with the coachman.
(b) He gets lost.
(c) He does not have enough money.
(d) He gets confused while buying tickets.
4. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(b) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(c) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(d) He has few patients and is worried about money.
5. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(b) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(c) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(d) By helping him study to become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
2. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
3. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
4. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
5. Where do Emma and Léon decide to meet each other?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)