|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
(a) She needs the money to pay back a loan from Lhereux.
(b) She feels bad for the boy and wants him to get better.
(c) She wants him to become a success.
(d) She wants Charles out of the way so she can spend more time with Rodolphe.
2. Why is Boulanger's attention in such high demand at the fair?
(a) He has raised a prize-winning sow.
(b) He has financed the entire fair.
(c) He is one of Yonville's foremost contributors to agriculture.
(d) He has invented a groundbreaking new agricultural tool.
3. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(b) Monsieur Homais.
(c) Charles' father.
4. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
(b) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
(c) To improve her health.
(d) To practice for an upcoming race.
5. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
3. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
4. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
5. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)