|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
(a) Run after him.
(b) Tell Charles about the affair.
(c) Murder him.
(d) Commit suicide.
2. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(c) Dry goods and linens.
3. What does Emma throw out of the cab at the end of the day?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) Her veil.
(c) Her torn-up letter to Léon.
(d) Her wedding ring.
4. What does Léon's employer suggest he do about Emma?
(a) Take her to Paris.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Pay off her debts.
(d) Break off the affair.
5. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) Embarks on her household chores with care.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
(d) Starts going to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
2. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
3. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
4. What bad news does Homais break to Emma?
5. What is unusual to people about the cab that Léon and Emma ride in?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)