|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Some items have been stolen.
(b) Dinner is not made.
(c) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(d) She has been caught drinking liquor.
2. Where does Emma say she got the bouquet of flowers that Léon had given her?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(c) A beggar on the street.
3. Why is Boulanger's attention in such high demand at the fair?
(a) He has financed the entire fair.
(b) He has raised a prize-winning sow.
(c) He has invented a groundbreaking new agricultural tool.
(d) He is one of Yonville's foremost contributors to agriculture.
4. What does Emma threaten to do to her beloved piano?
(a) Give it to Hippolyte.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Donate it to charity.
(d) Sell it.
5. What bad news does Homais break to Emma?
(a) She owes him a large sum of money.
(b) Her father-in-law has died.
(c) Charles has left her.
(d) Berthe is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to set Rodolphe apart from other men at the fair?
2. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
3. Where does Emma sit that makes her think back on the important events of her life?
4. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
5. When he visits Emma in Yonville, where does Léon first meet her?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)