|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once she gets a bit of money what does Emma purchase from Lhereux?
(a) Furnishings for Léon's apartment.
(b) Medical equipment for Charles.
(c) New draperies and a carpet.
(d) New clothes for Berthe.
2. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(b) By calling in an outside expert.
(c) By bloodletting.
(d) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
3. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She grows very thin.
(b) She becomes pregnant again.
(c) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(d) She drastically cuts her hair.
4. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
(a) She sees Rodolphe horseback riding with another woman.
(b) She hears Rodolphe's voice.
(c) She finds an old love letter from Rodolphe.
(d) She passes a bench where she sat with Rodolphe.
5. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(b) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(c) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(d) By overseeing his advice to clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
2. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
3. Why is Boulanger's attention in such high demand at the fair?
4. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
5. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)