|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma try to recuperate from her illness after a talk with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) By rediscovering religion.
(b) By reading poetry.
(c) By returning to horseback riding.
(d) By painting portraits of her family.
2. Where does Emma say she got the bouquet of flowers that Léon had given her?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(b) A beggar on the street.
3. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because he is the boy's uncle.
(b) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(c) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(d) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
4. What does Emma threaten to do to her beloved piano?
(a) Donate it to charity.
(b) Give it to Hippolyte.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Sell it.
5. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him a horse.
(b) He gives him a house on his estate.
(c) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(d) He gives him 5 francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does his affair with Emma affect Léon's job?
2. Who has Lhereux sold Emma's promissory notes to?
3. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
4. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
5. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)