|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her favorite books.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) Her bridal bouquet.
(d) Her love letters from Charles.
2. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(b) Charles' father.
3. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At her parents' home.
(b) At an inn in Yonville.
(c) An exotic location far away.
(d) At his parents' home.
4. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(c) New York.
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(b) Some items have been stolen.
(c) Dinner is not made.
(d) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
2. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
3. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
4. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
5. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)