|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(b) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(c) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(d) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
2. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
(a) At a horse race.
(b) At her husband's office.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) Watching a flax mill being built.
3. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He is about to retire.
(b) He has received many awards.
(c) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
(d) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
4. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Creating her wardrobe.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
(d) Learning how to cook.
5. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At his parents' home.
(b) An exotic location far away.
(c) At an inn in Yonville.
(d) At her parents' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
2. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
3. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
4. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
5. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)