|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(b) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(c) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(d) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
2. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
(b) Emma's home at Bertaux.
(c) Charles' home at Tostes.
3. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(b) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(c) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(d) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
4. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A rose.
5. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) Homais' Pharmacy.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(d) The Bovary home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
2. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
3. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
4. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
5. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)