|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(b) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(c) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(d) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
2. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(b) New York.
3. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) The local church.
(b) Homais' Pharmacy.
(c) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(d) The Bovary home.
4. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma fires her new maid.
(b) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(c) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(d) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(b) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(c) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(d) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
4. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
5. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)