|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At an inn in Yonville.
(b) At his parents' home.
(c) An exotic location far away.
(d) At her parents' home.
2. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A dress.
(b) A ring.
(c) A dog.
(d) A canary.
3. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(b) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(c) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(d) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
4. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
(a) It provides one more attachment to a middle-class, provincial life.
(b) She cannot afford to buy the layette that she wants.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) It is a girl and not a boy.
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(b) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(c) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(d) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
2. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
3. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
4. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
5. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)