|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
(a) At a horse race.
(b) At a wedding.
(c) At her husband's office.
(d) Watching a flax mill being built.
2. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She becomes pregnant again.
(b) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(c) She grows very thin.
(d) She drastically cuts her hair.
3. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(b) Only the priest and Emma's father.
4. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her bridal bouquet.
(b) Her favorite books.
(c) Her love letters from Charles.
(d) Her wedding dress.
5. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
(a) It provides one more attachment to a middle-class, provincial life.
(b) It is a girl and not a boy.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) She cannot afford to buy the layette that she wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
2. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
4. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
5. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)