|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 5 francs.
(b) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(c) He gives him a house on his estate.
(d) He gives him a horse.
2. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) She is too ill to buy anything.
(b) She wants to wait for Charles to help her decide what to purchase.
(c) She doesn't want to spend the money.
(d) He offends her with his coarse manner.
3. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She grows very thin.
(b) She drastically cuts her hair.
(c) She becomes pregnant again.
(d) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
4. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
(a) Popular fashions and town gossip.
(c) Childhood memories and times at school.
5. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
(a) Charles' home at Tostes.
(b) Emma's home at Bertaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
2. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
5. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)