|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him a horse.
(b) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(c) He gives him a house on his estate.
(d) He gives him 5 francs.
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(b) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(c) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(d) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
3. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(b) The Bovary home.
(c) Homais' Pharmacy.
(d) The local church.
4. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A dress.
(b) A canary.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dog.
5. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(b) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(c) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(d) By helping him study to become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Charles and Emma first live together as husband and wife?
2. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
3. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
4. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
5. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)