|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
(c) Her maid.
2. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
(a) It is a girl and not a boy.
(b) She cannot afford to buy the layette that she wants.
(c) It provides one more attachment to a middle-class, provincial life.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Charles' mother.
(b) Emma's mother.
(c) Charles' father.
(d) Emma's father.
4. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She becomes pregnant again.
(b) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(c) She grows very thin.
(d) She drastically cuts her hair.
5. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A dress.
(b) A canary.
(c) A dog.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
2. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
3. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
4. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)