|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(b) Dry goods and linens.
2. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(b) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(c) Emma fires her new maid.
(d) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
3. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
(b) Her maid.
4. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(b) At Charles' home at Tostes.
(c) La Vaubyessard.
(d) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He frames her sketches.
(b) He writes her a love poem.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
2. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
3. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
4. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
5. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)