|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(b) Some items have been stolen.
(c) Dinner is not made.
(d) She has been caught drinking liquor.
2. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(b) Dry goods and linens.
3. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Her favorite books.
(c) Her bridal bouquet.
(d) Her love letters from Charles.
4. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him a horse.
(b) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(c) He gives him 5 francs.
(d) He gives him a house on his estate.
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(b) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(c) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(d) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
2. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
3. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
4. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
5. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)