|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A canary.
(b) A dress.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dog.
2. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(b) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(c) Emma fires her new maid.
(d) Emma's greyhound runs away.
3. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(b) The local church.
(c) Homais' Pharmacy.
(d) The Bovary home.
4. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(b) Charles' father.
5. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
(a) Due to the political turmoil in the area.
(b) To be closer to his parents.
(c) To be closer to Emma's parents.
(d) Due to Emma's poor health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
2. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
3. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
4. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
5. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)