|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The Bovary home.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(d) Homais' Pharmacy.
2. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) Starts going to church.
(b) Embarks on her household chores with care.
(c) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
(a) She wants to wait for Charles to help her decide what to purchase.
(b) She doesn't want to spend the money.
(c) She is too ill to buy anything.
(d) He offends her with his coarse manner.
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Dinner is not made.
(b) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(c) Some items have been stolen.
(d) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
5. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A rose.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A cigar case.
(d) A gold coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
2. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
3. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
4. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
5. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)