|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma's greyhound runs away.
(b) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(c) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(d) Emma fires her new maid.
2. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(b) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(c) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(d) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
3. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(b) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(c) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(d) By overseeing his advice to clients.
4. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
(a) At a horse race.
(b) At a wedding.
(c) Watching a flax mill being built.
(d) At her husband's office.
5. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He has received many awards.
(b) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(c) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
(d) He is about to retire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
2. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
3. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
4. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
5. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)