|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
(a) At a wedding.
(b) At a horse race.
(c) Watching a flax mill being built.
(d) At her husband's office.
2. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She grows very thin.
(b) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(c) She drastically cuts her hair.
(d) She becomes pregnant again.
3. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(b) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
(c) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(d) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
4. Where is the center of activity in Yonville?
(a) The local church.
(b) Homais' Pharmacy.
(c) The Bovary home.
(d) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
5. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
(a) Dry goods and linens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
2. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
3. Charles and Emma's relationship grows as they are alone one day discussing what?
4. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
5. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)