|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memento does Emma burn in a fit of depression?
(a) Her bridal bouquet.
(b) Her favorite books.
(c) Her love letters from Charles.
(d) Her wedding dress.
2. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
(a) She drastically cuts her hair.
(b) She gains a lot of weight from eating too much.
(c) She grows very thin.
(d) She becomes pregnant again.
3. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A canary.
(b) A dog.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dress.
4. Who does Emma end up confiding in about her convoluted emotions?
(a) Her maid.
5. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
(b) The local church.
(c) Homais' Pharmacy.
(d) The Bovary home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
2. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
3. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
4. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
5. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)