|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(b) Some items have been stolen.
(c) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(d) Dinner is not made.
2. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) Starts going to church.
(b) Embarks on her household chores with care.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
3. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(a) New York.
4. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(b) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(c) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(d) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
5. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
(a) Emma accuses Charles of having an affair.
(b) Emma fires her new maid.
(c) Emma tells Charles her true feelings about her provincial life.
(d) Emma's greyhound runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
2. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
3. After she throws herself into domestic life, how does Emma's appearance change?
4. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
5. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)