|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
(a) She serves wine only to the wealthy guests.
(b) She refuses to allow wedding pranks to be played on her.
(c) She leaves early without saying goodbye.
(d) She forgets to say "thank you" to her guests.
2. Where in Yonville is Homais waiting for the Bovarys to arrive?
(a) The Bovary home.
(b) The local church.
(c) Homais' Pharmacy.
(d) The Hotel Lion d'Or.
3. How does Emma spend her engagement period to Charles?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Learning how to cook.
(c) Mourning for Madame Heloise Bovary.
(d) Creating her wardrobe.
4. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
(a) A rose.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A cigar case.
5. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
(a) Removes Berthe from the care of the wet nurse.
(b) Embarks on her household chores with care.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Starts going to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Emma buy anything from Monsieur Lhereux?
2. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
3. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
4. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
5. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)