|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Emma dream of visiting by tracing maps of it?
(d) New York.
2. Where is Emma when she compares her husband to Léon and begins to realize that she is no longer in love with her husband?
(a) At her husband's office.
(b) At a horse race.
(c) Watching a flax mill being built.
(d) At a wedding.
3. How does Monsieur Rouault compensate Charles for setting his leg?
(a) He gives him 75 francs and a turkey.
(b) He gives him a house on his estate.
(c) He gives him 5 francs.
(d) He gives him a horse.
4. How many guests do Emma and Charles have at their wedding?
(a) Only the priest and Emma's father.
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He takes her to Rome.
(b) He frames her sketches.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He writes her a love poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monsieur Lhereux try to sell to Emma?
2. What happens on Emma's wedding night that causes some people to think that she and her father are acting above their class?
3. What event causes the delay of the "Hirondelle" and also marks the loss of Emma's last remaining confidante?
4. What does Emma do to try to regain interest in her domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother?
5. Why does Charles think he and Emma should move?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)