|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
(a) A week.
(b) One year.
(c) 43 days.
(d) 6 months.
2. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) A portrait of himself.
(b) An antique ring.
(c) A new dog.
(d) A new dress.
3. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Some items have been stolen.
(b) Dinner is not made.
(c) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(d) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
4. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
(b) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
(c) She falls and cuts her face.
(d) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
5. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Charles' father.
(b) Charles' mother.
(c) Emma's mother.
(d) Emma's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
2. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
3. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
4. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
5. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)