|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(b) Monsieur Homais.
(d) Charles' mother.
2. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Some items have been stolen.
(b) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(c) Dinner is not made.
(d) She has been caught drinking liquor.
3. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Charles' father.
(b) Charles' mother.
(c) Emma's mother.
(d) Emma's father.
4. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
(b) To practice for an upcoming race.
(c) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
(d) To improve her health.
5. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
(a) They ride too fast through the streets of the town.
(b) They are well-dressed and ride well.
(c) They are seen in an embrace.
(d) They are very clumsy on their horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
2. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
4. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)