|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
(a) They are very clumsy on their horses.
(b) They ride too fast through the streets of the town.
(c) They are seen in an embrace.
(d) They are well-dressed and ride well.
2. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(a) Charles' mother.
(c) Monsieur Homais.
3. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
(a) Packed in a box of fruit.
(b) They leave them under a bench.
(c) Folded into the pages of a book.
(d) Hidden in Charles' medicine bag.
4. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(b) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(c) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(d) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
5. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He is about to retire.
(b) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
(c) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(d) He has received many awards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
2. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
3. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
4. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
5. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)