|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To improve her health.
(b) To practice for an upcoming race.
(c) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
(d) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
2. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By helping him study to become a doctor.
(b) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(c) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(d) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
3. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(b) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(c) Dinner is not made.
(d) Some items have been stolen.
4. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
(a) Packed in a box of fruit.
(b) They leave them under a bench.
(c) Folded into the pages of a book.
(d) Hidden in Charles' medicine bag.
5. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At his parents' home.
(b) At her parents' home.
(c) At an inn in Yonville.
(d) An exotic location far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
2. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
3. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
4. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)