|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A traveling circus.
(b) A large agricultural exhibition.
(c) A fashion show.
(d) A display of scientific artifacts.
2. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
(a) They ride too fast through the streets of the town.
(b) They are very clumsy on their horses.
(c) They are seen in an embrace.
(d) They are well-dressed and ride well.
3. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Dinner is not made.
(b) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(c) Some items have been stolen.
(d) She has been caught drinking liquor.
4. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
(a) By talking through her open bedroom window.
(b) By exchanging letters.
(c) By code unknowingly transmitted by Justin.
(d) By paintings they draw for each other.
5. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(b) Charles' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
2. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
3. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
4. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
5. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)