|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
(a) By helping him write a speech for a prestigious scientific society.
(b) By taking over the pharmacy once he retires.
(c) By overseeing his advice to clients.
(d) By helping him study to become a doctor.
2. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
(a) A week.
(b) One year.
(c) 43 days.
(d) 6 months.
3. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is awaiting another confessor.
(b) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(c) He has just spoken to Léon.
(d) He is late for dinner.
4. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(b) Charles' mother.
5. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At his parents' home.
(b) At an inn in Yonville.
(c) At her parents' home.
(d) An exotic location far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
2. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
3. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
4. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
5. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)