|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) An antique ring.
(b) A new dog.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A portrait of himself.
2. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At his parents' home.
(b) At her parents' home.
(c) An exotic location far away.
(d) At an inn in Yonville.
3. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
(a) He is having an affair.
(b) He is having financial troubles.
(c) He is getting his medical license suspended.
(d) He is in poor health himself.
4. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
(a) 43 days.
(b) One year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) A week.
5. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
(b) By bringing him gifts.
(c) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(d) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
2. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
4. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
5. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)