|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
(b) By bringing him gifts.
(c) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
(d) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
2. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
(a) Because he does not have a compassionate nature.
(b) Because she is late for dinner.
(c) Because she decides to go shopping instead.
(d) Because she decides to confide in Charles instead.
3. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
4. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He has just spoken to Léon.
(b) He is awaiting another confessor.
(c) He is late for dinner.
(d) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
5. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
(a) They are very clumsy on their horses.
(b) They are seen in an embrace.
(c) They are well-dressed and ride well.
(d) They ride too fast through the streets of the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
2. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
3. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
4. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)