|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Some items have been stolen.
(b) She has been caught drinking liquor.
(c) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(d) Dinner is not made.
2. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Emma's mother.
(b) Charles' father.
(c) Emma's father.
(d) Charles' mother.
3. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A fashion show.
(b) A traveling circus.
(c) A display of scientific artifacts.
(d) A large agricultural exhibition.
4. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(b) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(c) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(d) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
5. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A dress.
(b) A dog.
(c) A canary.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
2. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
3. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
4. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
5. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)