|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
(a) She can add a new horse to their stable.
(b) She can buy new living room furniture.
(c) She can buy a new riding habit.
(d) She can take a trip to Paris afterwards.
2. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) A new dog.
(b) An antique ring.
(c) A portrait of himself.
(d) A new dress.
3. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
(b) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
(c) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
(d) She falls and cuts her face.
4. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
(a) By paintings they draw for each other.
(b) By talking through her open bedroom window.
(c) By code unknowingly transmitted by Justin.
(d) By exchanging letters.
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(b) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(c) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(d) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
2. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
3. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
4. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)