|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
(a) Because she is late for dinner.
(b) Because he does not have a compassionate nature.
(c) Because she decides to go shopping instead.
(d) Because she decides to confide in Charles instead.
2. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
(a) A dress.
(b) A canary.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dog.
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
(a) Murder him.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Tell Charles about the affair.
(d) Run after him.
4. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(a) Monsieur Homais.
(d) Charles' mother.
5. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Emma's mother.
(b) Charles' mother.
(c) Charles' father.
(d) Emma's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
2. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
3. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
4. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
5. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)