|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
2. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
(a) A week.
(b) 43 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) One year.
3. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
(a) By giving him a bonus check for services rendered.
(b) By recommending his services to other upper class clients around town.
(c) By addressing him as "Doctor" when he walks into a room.
(d) By bringing him gifts.
4. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She falls and cuts her face.
(b) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
(c) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
(d) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
5. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At his parents' home.
(b) At an inn in Yonville.
(c) An exotic location far away.
(d) At her parents' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
2. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
3. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
5. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)