|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She falls and cuts her face.
(b) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
(c) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
(d) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
2. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At his parents' home.
(b) At her parents' home.
(c) An exotic location far away.
(d) At an inn in Yonville.
3. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To practice for an upcoming race.
(b) To improve her health.
(c) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
(d) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
4. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(c) Charles' mother.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
5. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is late for dinner.
(b) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(c) He has just spoken to Léon.
(d) He is awaiting another confessor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
2. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
3. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
4. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
5. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)