|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(b) Monsieur Homais.
(c) Charles' mother.
2. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
(b) To improve her health.
(c) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
(d) To practice for an upcoming race.
3. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
(a) She becomes feverish and needs medical care.
(b) She falls and cuts her face.
(c) She goes to stay with Emma's father.
(d) She is sent back to stay with the wet nurse.
4. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
(a) By paintings they draw for each other.
(b) By exchanging letters.
(c) By talking through her open bedroom window.
(d) By code unknowingly transmitted by Justin.
5. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
2. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
3. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
4. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
5. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)