|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(b) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(c) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(d) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
2. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(b) La Vaubyessard.
(c) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(d) At Charles' home at Tostes.
3. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
(a) She passes a bench where she sat with Rodolphe.
(b) She finds an old love letter from Rodolphe.
(c) She hears Rodolphe's voice.
(d) She sees Rodolphe horseback riding with another woman.
4. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(a) Charles' mother.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
5. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A fashion show.
(b) A display of scientific artifacts.
(c) A large agricultural exhibition.
(d) A traveling circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
2. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
3. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
4. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
5. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)