|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He writes her a love poem.
(b) He frames her sketches.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
2. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
(a) It is a girl and not a boy.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) She cannot afford to buy the layette that she wants.
(d) It provides one more attachment to a middle-class, provincial life.
3. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
(b) To practice for an upcoming race.
(c) To improve her health.
(d) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
4. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(c) Monsieur Homais.
(d) Charles' mother.
5. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) A new dog.
(b) A new dress.
(c) An antique ring.
(d) A portrait of himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Emma receive from one of Charles' patients?
2. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
3. What makes Emma and Rodolphe gather so much attention when they go riding?
4. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
5. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)