|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
(b) Charles' father.
(c) Monsieur Homais.
2. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) La Vaubyessard.
(b) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(c) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(d) At Charles' home at Tostes.
3. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) A portrait of himself.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A new dog.
(d) An antique ring.
4. How does Charles eventually convince Emma to go riding with Rodolphe?
(a) She can buy a new riding habit.
(b) She can take a trip to Paris afterwards.
(c) She can buy new living room furniture.
(d) She can add a new horse to their stable.
5. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
(a) Folded into the pages of a book.
(b) Hidden in Charles' medicine bag.
(c) Packed in a box of fruit.
(d) They leave them under a bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
2. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
3. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
4. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
5. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)