|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
(a) An antique ring.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A new dog.
(d) A portrait of himself.
2. Why doesn't Emma confide in the priest?
(a) Because he does not have a compassionate nature.
(b) Because she decides to go shopping instead.
(c) Because she decides to confide in Charles instead.
(d) Because she is late for dinner.
3. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A display of scientific artifacts.
(b) A traveling circus.
(c) A fashion show.
(d) A large agricultural exhibition.
4. How do Emma and Rodolphe begin communicating in the early days of their affair?
(a) By code unknowingly transmitted by Justin.
(b) By paintings they draw for each other.
(c) By exchanging letters.
(d) By talking through her open bedroom window.
5. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
(a) Emma's mother.
(b) Charles' father.
(c) Charles' mother.
(d) Emma's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
2. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
5. What seems to disappoint Emma about her pregnancy and the birth of her child, Berthe?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)