|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(b) La Vaubyessard.
(c) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(d) At Charles' home at Tostes.
2. Besides his wife's illness, what other factor in Charles' life is causing him stress?
(a) He is having an affair.
(b) He is having financial troubles.
(c) He is getting his medical license suspended.
(d) He is in poor health himself.
3. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
(a) Murder him.
(b) Tell Charles about the affair.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Run after him.
4. What event does Homais disclose is coming to Yonville?
(a) A fashion show.
(b) A traveling circus.
(c) A large agricultural exhibition.
(d) A display of scientific artifacts.
5. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
(a) Dinner is not made.
(b) A chicken has gotten loose in the house.
(c) Some items have been stolen.
(d) She has been caught drinking liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
2. Who comes to stay with the Bovarys after the birth of their child?
3. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
4. How does Homais want Charles to help him?
5. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)