|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He writes her a love poem.
(b) He frames her sketches.
(c) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(d) He takes her to Rome.
2. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(b) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
(c) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(d) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
3. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
(b) Charles' mother.
(d) Monsieur Homais.
4. Why does Rodolphe suggest that Emma should begin horseback riding with him?
(a) To give her a chance to meet other townspeople.
(b) To test a new horse he is interested in purchasing.
(c) To improve her health.
(d) To practice for an upcoming race.
5. What do we learn has happened to Homais' career?
(a) He wants to change jobs and become a doctor.
(b) He has received many awards.
(c) He is about to retire.
(d) He was cited for practicing medicine without a license.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodolphe try to get on Charles' good side?
2. What does Charles want to give to Emma as a present?
3. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
4. Why does Emma fire her maid upon returning from the ball?
5. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)