|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Emma's illness last after she reads Rodolphe's letter?
(a) 6 months.
(b) One year.
(c) 43 days.
(d) A week.
2. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Tell Charles about the affair.
(c) Run after him.
(d) Murder him.
3. What is one of the things that Charles does to show his complete adoration of Emma?
(a) He has a portrait painted of her by her favorite artist.
(b) He takes her to Rome.
(c) He writes her a love poem.
(d) He frames her sketches.
4. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At an inn in Yonville.
(b) At his parents' home.
(c) An exotic location far away.
(d) At her parents' home.
5. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
2. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
3. Who does Emma meet on her way to visit the wet nurse?
4. What causes Emma to relapse during a walk with Charles when she is recuperating?
5. When does Emma begin sneaking off to see Rodolphe?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)