|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abbé Bournisien distracted when Emma comes to see him?
(a) He is distracted by some misbehaving boys.
(b) He has just spoken to Léon.
(c) He is late for dinner.
(d) He is awaiting another confessor.
2. How do Rodolphe and Emma often pass notes to each other?
(a) Hidden in Charles' medicine bag.
(b) They leave them under a bench.
(c) Folded into the pages of a book.
(d) Packed in a box of fruit.
3. Where does Emma wish she had spent her honeymoon with Charles?
(a) At his parents' home.
(b) An exotic location far away.
(c) At an inn in Yonville.
(d) At her parents' home.
4. Where is the ball held where Emma meets Vicomte?
(a) At Emma and Charles' home at Les Bertaux.
(b) At her parents' home at Bertaux.
(c) La Vaubyessard.
(d) At Charles' home at Tostes.
5. Why is Charles unhappy during his first few weeks as Yonville's doctor?
(a) He wants to become a pharmacist instead.
(b) He has too many patients and cannot find enough time to treat them all.
(c) He has few patients and is worried about money.
(d) He is unable to treat a suspected outbreak of disease in the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Emma receives Rodolphe's letter breaking it off with her, what is her first thought to do?
2. What does Charles find when he helps riders repair their cart?
3. Where does Léon want to go to finish his law studies?
4. Who runs the house while Emma is ill?
5. What happens to Berthe when Emma returns from her meeting with Abbé Bournisien?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)