|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
(b) He is given a large sum of money.
(c) He is given an award by the local medical society.
(d) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
2. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
(b) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
(c) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
(d) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
3. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(b) To write them in red ink.
(c) To write them in code.
(d) To make copies of them.
4. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By calling in an outside expert.
(b) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(c) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
(d) By bloodletting.
5. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(b) Because he is in love with Emma.
(c) Because he has a crush on the maid.
(d) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
2. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
3. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
4. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
5. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)