|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(b) To write them in code.
(c) To write them in red ink.
(d) To make copies of them.
2. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) Some exotic plants.
(b) A puppy.
(c) An ornate coverlet.
(d) A journal.
3. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) He sues Charles and Homais.
(b) His foot needs to be amputated.
(c) He dies.
(d) He recovers completely.
4. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because he is the boy's uncle.
(b) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(c) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(d) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) Book discussions.
(c) Excessive drinking of wine.
(d) A salon of political conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
2. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
3. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
4. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
5. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)