|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
(b) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
(c) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
(d) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
2. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He wants to join the military.
(b) He wants to become a doctor.
(c) He wants to become a priest.
(d) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
3. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
(a) Monsieur Lhereux.
(b) Abbé Bournisien.
4. What does Léon find on their boat ride that makes the boatman tell them about his previous customers?
(a) A love poem.
(b) A silk ribbon.
(c) A champagne glass.
(d) A gold ring.
5. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he has a crush on the maid.
(b) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(c) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(d) Because he is in love with Emma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
2. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
3. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
4. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)