|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
(a) A nightmare.
(c) Like a romance from Sir Walter Scott.
(d) Like a true honeymoon.
2. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(b) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
(c) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(d) Because he is the boy's uncle.
3. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By calling in an outside expert.
(b) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
(c) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(d) By bloodletting.
4. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(b) To write them in red ink.
(c) To write them in code.
(d) To make copies of them.
5. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) He dies.
(b) He recovers completely.
(c) His foot needs to be amputated.
(d) He sues Charles and Homais.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
2. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
3. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
4. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
5. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)