|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given an award by the local medical society.
(b) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
(c) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
(d) He is given a large sum of money.
2. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
(b) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
(c) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
(d) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
3. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because he is the boy's uncle.
(b) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
(c) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(d) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
4. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
(a) He has a weak heart.
(b) He has a deformed foot.
(c) He has had an accident and broken his leg.
(d) He has a nervous stomach.
5. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
(a) She needs the money to pay back a loan from Lhereux.
(b) She wants Charles out of the way so she can spend more time with Rodolphe.
(c) She feels bad for the boy and wants him to get better.
(d) She wants him to become a success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
2. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
3. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
4. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)