|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
(a) Mère Rollet.
(c) Madame Bovary.
2. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
(a) Go on a boat ride.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Eat in a tavern.
(d) Lie in the grass.
3. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
(a) Like a true honeymoon.
(b) A nightmare.
(d) Like a romance from Sir Walter Scott.
4. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
(b) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
(c) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
(d) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
5. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(b) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
(c) Because he is the boy's uncle.
(d) Because Homais wants another opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
2. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
3. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
4. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)