|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
(a) A nightmare.
(c) Like a romance from Sir Walter Scott.
(d) Like a true honeymoon.
2. What does Léon find on their boat ride that makes the boatman tell them about his previous customers?
(a) A champagne glass.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A silk ribbon.
(d) A love poem.
3. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To make copies of them.
(b) To write them in red ink.
(c) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(d) To write them in code.
4. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A journal.
(c) An ornate coverlet.
(d) Some exotic plants.
5. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
(b) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
(c) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
(d) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
2. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
3. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
4. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
5. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)