|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To write them in red ink.
(b) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(c) To write them in code.
(d) To make copies of them.
2. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
(b) He is given an award by the local medical society.
(c) He is given a large sum of money.
(d) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
3. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
(b) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
(c) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
(d) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
4. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
(a) Lie in the grass.
(b) Eat in a tavern.
(c) Go on a boat ride.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
(a) She needs the money to pay back a loan from Lhereux.
(b) She wants him to become a success.
(c) She feels bad for the boy and wants him to get better.
(d) She wants Charles out of the way so she can spend more time with Rodolphe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
2. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
3. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
4. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
5. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)