|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(b) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(c) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
(d) Because he is the boy's uncle.
2. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
(a) Mère Rollet.
(c) Madame Bovary.
3. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To make copies of them.
(b) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(c) To write them in red ink.
(d) To write them in code.
4. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he is in love with Emma.
(b) Because he has a crush on the maid.
(c) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(d) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
5. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
(b) Monsieur Lhereux.
(d) Abbé Bournisien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Emma give to Léon?
2. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
3. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
4. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
5. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)