|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
(a) Lie in the grass.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Eat in a tavern.
(d) Go on a boat ride.
2. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) Book discussions.
(b) A salon of political conversation.
(c) Excessive drinking of wine.
3. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(b) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(c) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
(d) Because he is the boy's uncle.
4. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
(a) Like a true honeymoon.
(b) Like a romance from Sir Walter Scott.
(d) A nightmare.
5. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(c) Monsieur Lhereux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
2. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
3. What does Léon find on their boat ride that makes the boatman tell them about his previous customers?
4. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
5. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)