|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By bloodletting.
(b) By calling in an outside expert.
(c) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(d) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
2. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) An ornate coverlet.
(b) A journal.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Some exotic plants.
3. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
(a) Like a true honeymoon.
(b) Like a romance from Sir Walter Scott.
(d) A nightmare.
4. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(b) Because he is the boy's uncle.
(c) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
(d) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
5. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) He dies.
(b) He sues Charles and Homais.
(c) He recovers completely.
(d) His foot needs to be amputated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
2. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
3. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
4. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
5. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)