|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By bloodletting.
(b) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(c) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
(d) By calling in an outside expert.
2. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he has a crush on the maid.
(b) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(c) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(d) Because he is in love with Emma.
3. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) A journal.
(b) Some exotic plants.
(c) A puppy.
(d) An ornate coverlet.
4. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
(a) A nightmare.
(c) Like a true honeymoon.
(d) Like a romance from Sir Walter Scott.
5. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
(a) Monsieur Lhereux.
(b) Abbé Bournisien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
2. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
3. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
4. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
5. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)