|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given a large sum of money.
(b) He is given an award by the local medical society.
(c) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
(d) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
2. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
(a) She needs the money to pay back a loan from Lhereux.
(b) She wants him to become a success.
(c) She wants Charles out of the way so she can spend more time with Rodolphe.
(d) She feels bad for the boy and wants him to get better.
3. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) Book discussions.
(b) A salon of political conversation.
(d) Excessive drinking of wine.
4. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By bloodletting.
(b) By calling in an outside expert.
(c) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(d) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
5. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he is in love with Emma.
(b) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(c) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(d) Because he has a crush on the maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
2. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
3. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
4. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
5. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)