|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
(a) Like a true honeymoon.
(b) Like a romance from Sir Walter Scott.
(d) A nightmare.
2. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) Some exotic plants.
(b) A journal.
(c) A puppy.
(d) An ornate coverlet.
3. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
(b) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
(c) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
(d) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
4. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
(b) Madame Bovary.
(d) Mère Rollet.
5. What does Léon find on their boat ride that makes the boatman tell them about his previous customers?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A champagne glass.
(c) A silk ribbon.
(d) A love poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
2. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
3. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
4. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
5. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)