|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) A salon of political conversation.
(c) Book discussions.
(d) Excessive drinking of wine.
2. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
(a) Some exotic plants.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A journal.
(d) A puppy.
3. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
(a) Lie in the grass.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Eat in a tavern.
(d) Go on a boat ride.
4. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
(b) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(c) By bloodletting.
(d) By calling in an outside expert.
5. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
(a) Like a romance from Sir Walter Scott.
(c) Like a true honeymoon.
(d) A nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
2. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
3. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
4. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
5. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)