|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
(a) He has a nervous stomach.
(b) He has a weak heart.
(c) He has had an accident and broken his leg.
(d) He has a deformed foot.
2. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) He recovers completely.
(b) His foot needs to be amputated.
(c) He dies.
(d) He sues Charles and Homais.
3. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To write them in code.
(b) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(c) To write them in red ink.
(d) To make copies of them.
4. What does Léon find on their boat ride that makes the boatman tell them about his previous customers?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A champagne glass.
(c) A silk ribbon.
(d) A love poem.
5. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) A puppy.
(b) An ornate coverlet.
(c) Some exotic plants.
(d) A journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
2. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
3. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
4. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
5. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)