|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given an award by the local medical society.
(b) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
(c) He is given a large sum of money.
(d) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
2. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
(a) Because he is the boy's uncle.
(b) Because he has made a deal with Charles to split the proceeds.
(c) Because Homais wants another opinion.
(d) Because Hippolyte has gangrene.
3. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He wants to become a priest.
(b) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
(c) He wants to join the military.
(d) He wants to become a doctor.
4. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) A journal.
(b) A puppy.
(c) Some exotic plants.
(d) An ornate coverlet.
5. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
(a) She needs the money to pay back a loan from Lhereux.
(b) She wants him to become a success.
(c) She wants Charles out of the way so she can spend more time with Rodolphe.
(d) She feels bad for the boy and wants him to get better.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
2. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
3. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
4. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
5. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)