|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
(a) Madame Bovary.
(b) Mère Rollet.
2. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(b) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(c) Because he is in love with Emma.
(d) Because he has a crush on the maid.
3. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) A journal.
(b) An ornate coverlet.
(c) A puppy.
(d) Some exotic plants.
4. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
(a) She needs the money to pay back a loan from Lhereux.
(b) She feels bad for the boy and wants him to get better.
(c) She wants Charles out of the way so she can spend more time with Rodolphe.
(d) She wants him to become a success.
5. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given an award by the local medical society.
(b) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
(c) He is given a large sum of money.
(d) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
2. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
3. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
4. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
5. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)