|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) He sues Charles and Homais.
(b) He dies.
(c) He recovers completely.
(d) His foot needs to be amputated.
2. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To write them in red ink.
(b) To make copies of them.
(c) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(d) To write them in code.
3. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
(a) Because he no longer wants to work for his uncle.
(b) Because he wants to become a doctor like Charles.
(c) Because he is in love with Emma.
(d) Because he has a crush on the maid.
4. What does Léon find on their boat ride that makes the boatman tell them about his previous customers?
(a) A love poem.
(b) A gold ring.
(c) A champagne glass.
(d) A silk ribbon.
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(b) Excessive drinking of wine.
(c) Book discussions.
(d) A salon of political conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
2. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
3. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
4. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
5. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)