|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given an award by the local medical society.
(b) He is given a large sum of money.
(c) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
(d) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
2. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
(b) Monsieur Lhereux.
(d) Abbé Bournisien.
3. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He wants to become a doctor.
(b) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
(c) He wants to join the military.
(d) He wants to become a priest.
4. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To make copies of them.
(b) To write them in red ink.
(c) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(d) To write them in code.
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(b) Excessive drinking of wine.
(c) Book discussions.
(d) A salon of political conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
2. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
3. What does Léon find on their boat ride that makes the boatman tell them about his previous customers?
4. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
5. What name does Emma tell Léon he should address letters to her under?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)