|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Emma give to Léon?
(a) Some exotic plants.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A journal.
(d) An ornate coverlet.
2. Eventually, what happens to Hippolyte?
(a) He sues Charles and Homais.
(b) He recovers completely.
(c) He dies.
(d) His foot needs to be amputated.
3. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
(a) Abbé Bournisien.
(c) Monsieur Lhereux.
4. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
(a) To make copies of them.
(b) To write them in code.
(c) To put his letters in double envelopes.
(d) To write them in red ink.
5. After he helps the boy, how is he rewarded?
(a) He is given an award by the local medical society.
(b) He is given dresses for Emma and Berthe.
(c) He is given a large sum of money.
(d) An article is written about him in the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is another doctor called in to consult on the case?
2. How does Flaubert describe Emma's three days with Léon in Rouen?
3. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
4. What gift does Léon bring to Emma?
5. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)