|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Homais think Charles should help the boy?
(a) By giving the boy newly developed medicines.
(b) By trying a controversial new surgical technique.
(c) By calling in an outside expert.
(d) By bloodletting.
2. What do Léon and Emma do during their time together?
(a) Go on a boat ride.
(b) Lie in the grass.
(c) Eat in a tavern.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. Why does Emma move her bedroom into the parlor of the Bovary home?
(a) Because her bedroom is not warm enough as winter approaches.
(b) So she can watch Léon walk his dog.
(c) Because she is experiencing postpartum depression.
(d) So she doesn't have to be as close to Charles.
4. What is Monsieur Homais' nephew Justin's future career?
(a) He wants to become a doctor.
(b) He wants to join the military.
(c) He wants to become a priest.
(d) He plans on being a pharmacist like his uncle.
5. What is the primary activity of the weekly Sunday parties at the Homais home?
(a) Excessive drinking of wine.
(b) A salon of political conversation.
(d) Book discussions.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the boatman allude having been on the boat recently?
2. Why do the townspeople believe Justin spends so much time at the Bovary home?
3. Why does Emma want to convince Charles to take the case?
4. What other instructions does Emma give to Léon about their correspondence?
5. Why does Homais think Charles should help the stable boy, Hippolyte?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)