|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
2. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
3. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
4. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
5. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
Essay Topic 1
Describe the objects found by Andre Breton and Paul Giacometti in the flea market. What impact did Giacometti's object have on his incomplete sculpture?
Essay Topic 2
Using the Hegelian dialectic, discuss Breton's argument that "convulsive beauty" must be seen in terms of the object in motion and in repose, and between an object that is wished for and an object that is found. What is meant by "convulsive beauty"?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrative style of Mad Love. What different genres does this book incorporate? How is the book structured?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)