|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Alice in Wonderland?
2. Breton described feeling an overwhelming need for what, while in Brittany in Section 6?
3. Where was Salvador Dali from?
4. In Section 4, Breton cites one of his poems where the tower sways like what?
5. In what year was Salvador Dali born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Breton associate with his sense of discord on his trip in Section 6?
2. What metaphors did Breton use in describing the flora and fauna at the volcano in Section 5?
3. What nature imagery did Breton evoke in his description of Lamba in Section 4?
4. What is the subject and focus of Section 4? How does this section contrast from the previous one?
5. Where did Breton describe visiting in Section 5? What was his impression of the location?
6. What is the subject and focus of Section 6? How does it relate to Section 6?
7. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
8. What did Breton write regarding The Origins of Family in Section 5?
9. What did Breton remark of the flora and fauna in Section 5?
10. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What two questions were posed by Andre Breton and Paul Eluard in The Minotaur? How did Breton define "the essential moment"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narrative style of Mad Love. What different genres does this book incorporate? How is the book structured?
Essay Topic 3
To whom was Mad Love dedicated? What did Breton write, closing Mad Love to this individual? How is Breton's views of gender reflected through this relationship?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)