Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
2. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
3. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
4. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
5. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
What two questions were posed by Andre Breton and Paul Eluard in The Minotaur? How did Breton define "the essential moment"?
Discuss the use of juxtaposition in surrealist art and literature. What did Breton assert was the purpose of juxtaposition? What are some examples he used in the text?
Describe the narrative style of Mad Love. What different genres does this book incorporate? How is the book structured?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)