|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
2. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
3. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
4. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
5. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the transition from the Dada Movement to the Surrealist Movement. What global events influenced these movements and their philosophies?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Andre Breton begin Mad Love by discussing the theater? What metaphors did he make using this art form? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrative style of Mad Love. What different genres does this book incorporate? How is the book structured?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)