|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite?
2. What is the narrative point of view Breton used in describing his trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
3. Where did Breton go to the top of a volcano in Section 5?
4. When was Alice in Wonderland published?
5. What did Breton suggest had had a major influence on his love life in Section 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
2. What is the subject and focus of Section 6? How does it relate to Section 6?
3. What automatic writing games did Breton describe in Section 5?
4. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
5. What did Breton write of prophecy in his poem "Sunflower" in Section 4? How did he further illustrate this point?
6. What did Breton write of his own relationship to discord in Section 6?
7. What imagery did Breton use in Section 5? What is the subject of this section?
8. Why did Breton not name his company on his trip in Section 6?
9. Where did Breton describe visiting in Section 5? What was his impression of the location?
10. How did Breton describe Lamba in Section 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the associations of the Surrealist Movement with "chance" and the occult. How did Breton define "chance"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the author Paul Eluard and his work, theories, and influence on the Surrealist Movement. How did Eluard meet Breton? What was their friendship like?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the two surrealist journals, The Minotaur and Literature. Who originated each, and what impact did they have on the evolution of the Surrealist Movement?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)