Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
2. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
3. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
4. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
5. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
Essay Topic 1
Describe the two surrealist journals, The Minotaur and Literature. Who originated each, and what impact did they have on the evolution of the Surrealist Movement?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the life, career, and work of Man Ray. What relationship did Ray have with Breton? What involvement did Ray have within the Surrealist Movement?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the objects found by Andre Breton and Paul Giacometti in the flea market. What impact did Giacometti's object have on his incomplete sculpture?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)