|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
2. Breton wrote, "What is required most earnestly to keep up this sort of life loses all its value at the passage of the great _____."
3. Who was presumably with Breton in Brittany in Section 6?
4. What happened later the same evening that Breton wrote of having met Lamba?
5. Where did Breton and Lamba pass after the Tour Saint-Jacques?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the associations of the Surrealist Movement with "chance" and the occult. How did Breton define "chance"?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and discuss the works of Arthur Rimbaud, and the Comte de LautrÃ©amont. Why did Breton cite these artists in the book? What influences did they have on the Surrealist Movement?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the works of Freud and Engels cited in the text. What were each of these individuals known for? What influence did they have on the Surrealist Movement?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)