Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
2. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
3. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
4. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
5. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
Essay Topic 1
Describe the two surrealist journals, The Minotaur and Literature. Who originated each, and what impact did they have on the evolution of the Surrealist Movement?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of juxtaposition in surrealist art and literature. What did Breton assert was the purpose of juxtaposition? What are some examples he used in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the author Paul Eluard and his work, theories, and influence on the Surrealist Movement. How did Eluard meet Breton? What was their friendship like?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)