|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Breton refer to as a symbolic founder of civilization in Section 6?
2. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
3. Breton concludes Section 5 wondering if perhaps the connection between the coast, the house, the murder, and his desire for solitude do not constitute an ______ and a deliberate undoing.
4. In reviewing his poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, "Today I am unhesitatingly convinced of its profound ____."
5. What did Breton see as a monument to things that are hidden, in Section 4?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the objects found by Andre Breton and Paul Giacometti in the flea market. What impact did Giacometti's object have on his incomplete sculpture?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the transition from the Dada Movement to the Surrealist Movement. What global events influenced these movements and their philosophies?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and discuss the works of Arthur Rimbaud, and the Comte de LautrÃ©amont. Why did Breton cite these artists in the book? What influences did they have on the Surrealist Movement?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)