|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Breton see as a monument to things that are hidden, in Section 4?
2. The film L'Age d'or was controversial because it was considered an attack on what?
3. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
4. What kind of behavior did Breton write love "stirred up" in Section 4?
5. When was Paul Cezanne born?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the associations of the Surrealist Movement with "chance" and the occult. How did Breton define "chance"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the works of theater artists Alfred Jarry and Antonin Artaud. What impact did they have on surrealist thought and Andre Breton?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the objects found by Andre Breton and Paul Giacometti in the flea market. What impact did Giacometti's object have on his incomplete sculpture?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)