|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Breton concludes Section 5 wondering if perhaps the connection between the coast, the house, the murder, and his desire for solitude do not constitute an ______ and a deliberate undoing.
2. "Sunflower" is an example of what type of poetry?
3. When did Jacqueline Lamba die?
4. Where was Pierre Reverdy born?
(a) Sicily, Italy.
(b) Narbonne, France.
(c) Bois de Boulogne, France.
(d) Paris, France.
5. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
(a) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
2. What kind of behavior did Breton write love "stirred up" in Section 4?
3. In reviewing his poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, "Today I am unhesitatingly convinced of its profound ____."
4. When was the oldest known temple of Venus dedicated?
5. Where did Breton and Lamba pass after the Tour Saint-Jacques?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Breton cite Venus mythology in Section 6? What myths did he cite?
2. What did Breton write of his own relationship to discord in Section 6?
3. What did Breton transition to following his descriptions of the volcano in Section 5?
4. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
5. What did Breton conclude of his trip in Section 6?
6. Why did Breton not name his company on his trip in Section 6?
7. What metaphors did Breton use in describing the flora and fauna at the volcano in Section 5?
8. Where did Breton describe visiting in Section 5? What was his impression of the location?
9. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
10. What trip did Breton recount in Section 6? Where did he go, and when?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)