|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, ""I say that there isn't anything in this poem of 1923 that did not announce the most important thing to happen to me in ____."
2. Where did Breton and Lamba pass after the Tour Saint-Jacques?
(b) ÃƒÆ’Ã…Â½le Saint-Louis.
(c) Bois de Boulogne.
(d) Quai aux Fleurs.
3. Who was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite?
4. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
5. What poem of Baudelaire's is discussed in Section 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jacqueline Lamba's second husband?
2. While Section 5 ends by extolling love and passion, Section 6 emphasizes what?
3. New Justine was set against the backdrop of what location?
4. What did Breton suggest had had a major influence on his love life in Section 6?
5. The island volcano that Breton went to in Section 5 was a part of what body of islands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Breton write of his own relationship to discord in Section 6?
2. When did Breton write the poem, "Sunflower" in Section 4? To whom was it dedicated?
3. Where did Breton describe visiting in Section 5? What was his impression of the location?
4. What did Breton transition to following his descriptions of the volcano in Section 5?
5. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
6. What nature imagery did Breton evoke in his description of Lamba in Section 4?
7. What did Breton write regarding The Origins of Family in Section 5?
8. What juxtapositions did Breton use in his descriptions of Lamba in Section 4?
9. What did Breton remark of "desire" in Section 5? Did Breton view desire as a positive or negative emotion?
10. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)