|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the Aeneid?
2. Paul Cézanne can be said to form the bridge between late 19th century Impressionism and what early 20th century's new line of artistic inquiry?
3. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
4. In his descriptions of Lamba, where did Breton write of "a tiny, unforgettable fern climbing the inside wall of an ancient well, the deepest, most somber, and most extensive of all those that I have ever leaned over"?
5. Breton concludes Section 5 wondering if perhaps the connection between the coast, the house, the murder, and his desire for solitude do not constitute an ______ and a deliberate undoing.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Breton, "____, the only motive of the world, ____, the only rigor humans must be acquainted with, where could I better situated to adore it than on the inside of the cloud?
2. Who was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite?
3. Breton refers to the myth of Venus and the what?
4. Breton described feeling an overwhelming need for what, while in Brittany in Section 6?
5. What book states that once private property is abolished, "we can reasonably affirm that far from disappearing, monogamy will be realized for the first time'"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)