|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul Cézanne can be said to form the bridge between late 19th century Impressionism and what early 20th century's new line of artistic inquiry?
2. In Section 5, Breton made the connection between lovers as linked and lacy grass and as what in turn?
(a) Trees and flowers.
(d) Kittens and puppies.
3. In describing Lamba, Breton wrote, "This young woman who just entered appeared to be swathed in mist - clothed in" what?
4. "Sunflower" is an example of what type of poetry?
5. The killer in Section 6 claimed in court that he had been driven to exasperation in part due to his wife's long-standing refusal of what?
(b) Having children.
(c) Doing housework.
(d) Sexual advances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the practice of marriage with only one person at a time?
2. Where was Pierre Reverdy born?
3. What book states that once private property is abolished, "we can reasonably affirm that far from disappearing, monogamy will be realized for the first time'"?
4. When was Alice in Wonderland published?
5. While Section 5 ends by extolling love and passion, Section 6 emphasizes what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)