|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 5, Breton made the connection between lovers as linked and lacy grass and as what in turn?
(a) Kittens and puppies.
(b) Trees and flowers.
2. Who painted The House of the Hanged Man?
(a) Antonin Artaud.
(b) Salvador Dali.
(c) Paul Cezanne.
(d) Charles Baudelaire.
3. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
(a) Antonin Artaud.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Friedrich Engels.
4. When did Jacqueline Lamba die?
5. Breton remarked in Section 4 that he had retained a copy of "Sunflower" for over how long?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was suggested to Breton that the house in Section 6 was where what had occurred?
2. The killer in Section 6 claimed in court that he had been driven to exasperation in part due to his wife's long-standing refusal of what?
3. In its ability to foresee his relationship with Lamba, Breton referred to the poem "Sunflower" as a poem of what?
4. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
5. When was L'Age d'or released?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Breton write of prophecy in his poem "Sunflower" in Section 4? How did he further illustrate this point?
2. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
3. What imagery did Breton use in Section 5? What is the subject of this section?
4. What did Breton associate with his sense of discord on his trip in Section 6?
5. Why did Breton not name his company on his trip in Section 6?
6. How did Breton describe Lamba in Section 4?
7. What did Breton write regarding The Origins of Family in Section 5?
8. Where did Breton describe visiting in Section 5? What was his impression of the location?
9. What did Breton conclude of his trip in Section 6?
10. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)