|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrative point of view Breton used in describing his trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
(a) Third person singular.
(b) First person plural.
(c) Second person plural.
(d) First person singular.
2. Venus is associated with what Greek goddess?
3. In what year was Salvador Dali born?
4. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
5. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
2. Who wrote New Justine, which was lauded by Breton in Section 5?
3. Who was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite?
4. Where was Salvador Dali from?
5. When was the oldest known temple of Venus dedicated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What juxtapositions did Breton use in his descriptions of Lamba in Section 4?
2. What is the subject and focus of Section 4? How does this section contrast from the previous one?
3. What did Breton remark of "desire" in Section 5? Did Breton view desire as a positive or negative emotion?
4. What trip did Breton recount in Section 6? Where did he go, and when?
5. What automatic writing games did Breton describe in Section 5?
6. What did Breton write of his own relationship to discord in Section 6?
7. Why did Breton cite Venus mythology in Section 6? What myths did he cite?
8. What did Breton write regarding The Origins of Family in Section 5?
9. What metaphors did Breton use in describing the flora and fauna at the volcano in Section 5?
10. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)