|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Sunflower" written?
2. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
3. What was Jacqueline Lamba's occupation?
4. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Friedrich Engels.
(d) Antonin Artaud.
5. Where was Salvador Dali from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem of Baudelaire's is discussed in Section 5?
2. Breton described feeling an overwhelming need for what, while in Brittany in Section 6?
3. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
4. Breton remarked in Section 4 that he had retained a copy of "Sunflower" for over how long?
5. Brittany is located where in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Breton write the poem, "Sunflower" in Section 4? To whom was it dedicated?
2. Why did Breton not name his company on his trip in Section 6?
3. Where did Breton describe visiting in Section 5? What was his impression of the location?
4. What did Breton conclude of his trip in Section 6?
5. Why did Breton cite Venus mythology in Section 6? What myths did he cite?
6. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
7. What did Breton associate with his sense of discord on his trip in Section 6?
8. What did Breton write regarding The Origins of Family in Section 5?
9. What juxtapositions did Breton use in his descriptions of Lamba in Section 4?
10. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)