|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
2. In what year was "Sunflower" written?
3. What refers to the practice of marriage with only one person at a time?
4. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
(b) The moon.
5. Breton refers to the myth of Venus and the what?
(a) Golden Ring.
(b) Golden Hind.
(c) Golden Harp.
(d) Golden Apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was presumably with Breton in Brittany in Section 6?
2. Where was Salvador Dali from?
3. The island volcano that Breton went to in Section 5 was a part of what body of islands?
4. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
5. What book states that once private property is abolished, "we can reasonably affirm that far from disappearing, monogamy will be realized for the first time'"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What automatic writing games did Breton describe in Section 5?
2. Why did Breton not name his company on his trip in Section 6?
3. What nature imagery did Breton evoke in his description of Lamba in Section 4?
4. What metaphors did Breton use in describing the flora and fauna at the volcano in Section 5?
5. What is the subject and focus of Section 6? How does it relate to Section 6?
6. What did Breton conclude of his trip in Section 6?
7. What descriptions of Paris did Breton relate in Section 4? What monument did he take note of?
8. When did Breton write the poem, "Sunflower" in Section 4? To whom was it dedicated?
9. What trip did Breton recount in Section 6? Where did he go, and when?
10. What did Breton remark of the flora and fauna in Section 5?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)