|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
(a) Original manuscript.
(b) Third version.
(c) Second version.
(d) Last adaptation.
2. Who wrote the film, L'Age d'or?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Luis Bunuel.
(c) Salvador Dali.
(d) Paul Cezanne.
3. What term means an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast?
4. In what year was Salvador Dali born?
5. In reviewing his poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, "Today I am unhesitatingly convinced of its profound ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who directed the film, L'Age d'or?
2. It was suggested to Breton that the house in Section 6 was where what had occurred?
3. What is the narrative point of view Breton used in describing his trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
4. What poem of Baudelaire's is discussed in Section 5?
5. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
2. What imagery did Breton use in Section 5? What is the subject of this section?
3. What did Breton associate with his sense of discord on his trip in Section 6?
4. What trip did Breton recount in Section 6? Where did he go, and when?
5. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
6. What is the subject and focus of Section 6? How does it relate to Section 6?
7. What descriptions of Paris did Breton relate in Section 4? What monument did he take note of?
8. What nature imagery did Breton evoke in his description of Lamba in Section 4?
9. What is the subject and focus of Section 4? How does this section contrast from the previous one?
10. Why did Breton not name his company on his trip in Section 6?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)