|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
2. The film L'Age d'or was controversial because it was considered an attack on what?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Anglican Church.
(c) Western Civilization.
(d) The Catholic Church.
3. What did Breton suggest had had a major influence on his love life in Section 6?
4. In what year was "Sunflower" written?
5. What did Breton refer to as "a splendid fourteenth-century French town today abandoned to gypsies"?
(a) Tour Saint-Jacques.
(b) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
(c) Bois de Boulogne.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 5, Breton described some of the automatic writing games, including the repetition of some "childhood mirages," most notably the phrases "tree for bread" and "tree for" what?
2. Breton remarked in Section 4 that he had retained a copy of "Sunflower" for over how long?
3. Brittany is located where in France?
4. What is the narrative point of view Breton used in describing his trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
5. Regarding the poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, ""I say that there isn't anything in this poem of 1923 that did not announce the most important thing to happen to me in ____."
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Breton write of prophecy in his poem "Sunflower" in Section 4? How did he further illustrate this point?
2. What is the subject and focus of Section 6? How does it relate to Section 6?
3. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
4. What is the subject and focus of Section 4? How does this section contrast from the previous one?
5. What automatic writing games did Breton describe in Section 5?
6. What did Breton associate with his sense of discord on his trip in Section 6?
7. What did Breton write regarding The Origins of Family in Section 5?
8. What did Breton transition to following his descriptions of the volcano in Section 5?
9. What trip did Breton recount in Section 6? Where did he go, and when?
10. What descriptions of Paris did Breton relate in Section 4? What monument did he take note of?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)