|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Section 5 ends by extolling love and passion, Section 6 emphasizes what?
2. When was Paul Cezanne born?
3. Breton wrote, "What is required most earnestly to keep up this sort of life loses all its value at the passage of the great _____."
(a) Dream trees.
(b) Dream fantasy.
(c) Dream fruits.
(d) Mad love.
4. It was suggested to Breton that the house in Section 6 was where what had occurred?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A murder.
(c) His dream.
(d) A vision.
5. Brittany is located where in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
2. According to Breton, "____, the only motive of the world, ____, the only rigor humans must be acquainted with, where could I better situated to adore it than on the inside of the cloud?
3. In the end of Section 4, Breton sat in a restaurant with Paul Eluard and who?
4. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
5. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphors did Breton use in describing the flora and fauna at the volcano in Section 5?
2. Why did Breton cite Venus mythology in Section 6? What myths did he cite?
3. What did Breton remark of "desire" in Section 5? Did Breton view desire as a positive or negative emotion?
4. What descriptions of Paris did Breton relate in Section 4? What monument did he take note of?
5. What did Breton conclude of his trip in Section 6?
6. How did Breton describe Lamba in Section 4?
7. What did Breton write of prophecy in his poem "Sunflower" in Section 4? How did he further illustrate this point?
8. Where did Breton describe visiting in Section 5? What was his impression of the location?
9. What imagery did Breton use in Section 5? What is the subject of this section?
10. What trip did Breton recount in Section 6? Where did he go, and when?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)