|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Breton refers to the myth of Venus and the what?
(a) Golden Ring.
(b) Golden Harp.
(c) Golden Hind.
(d) Golden Apple.
2. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
3. What astrological sign was Andre Breton?
4. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
5. When was Alice in Wonderland published?
Short Answer Questions
1. In reviewing his poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, "Today I am unhesitatingly convinced of its profound ____."
2. Who was Jacqueline Lamba's second husband?
3. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
4. When did Jacqueline Lamba die?
5. Paul Cézanne can be said to form the bridge between late 19th century Impressionism and what early 20th century's new line of artistic inquiry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Breton transition to following his descriptions of the volcano in Section 5?
2. What is the subject and focus of Section 4? How does this section contrast from the previous one?
3. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
4. What did Breton write of prophecy in his poem "Sunflower" in Section 4? How did he further illustrate this point?
5. What metaphors did Breton use in describing the flora and fauna at the volcano in Section 5?
6. What descriptions of Paris did Breton relate in Section 4? What monument did he take note of?
7. What did Breton remark of "desire" in Section 5? Did Breton view desire as a positive or negative emotion?
8. What did Breton write regarding The Origins of Family in Section 5?
9. When did Breton write the poem, "Sunflower" in Section 4? To whom was it dedicated?
10. Why did Breton not name his company on his trip in Section 6?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)