|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Breton, "____, the only motive of the world, ____, the only rigor humans must be acquainted with, where could I better situated to adore it than on the inside of the cloud?
2. Where did Breton and Lamba pass after the Tour Saint-Jacques?
(b) Quai aux Fleurs.
(c) Bois de Boulogne.
(d) ÃƒÆ’Ã…Â½le Saint-Louis.
3. What was Jacqueline Lamba's occupation?
4. "Sunflower" is an example of what type of poetry?
5. In Section 5, Breton described some of the automatic writing games, including the repetition of some "childhood mirages," most notably the phrases "tree for bread" and "tree for" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote New Justine, which was lauded by Breton in Section 5?
2. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
3. While Section 5 ends by extolling love and passion, Section 6 emphasizes what?
4. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
5. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
Short Essay Questions
1. What automatic writing games did Breton describe in Section 5?
2. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
3. What imagery did Breton use in Section 5? What is the subject of this section?
4. What descriptions of Paris did Breton relate in Section 4? What monument did he take note of?
5. What did Breton associate with his sense of discord on his trip in Section 6?
6. What trip did Breton recount in Section 6? Where did he go, and when?
7. What did Breton write of his own relationship to discord in Section 6?
8. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
9. What did Breton remark of "desire" in Section 5? Did Breton view desire as a positive or negative emotion?
10. Why did Breton not name his company on his trip in Section 6?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)