|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Breton note about the stories of Venus in Section 6?
2. Venus is associated with what Greek goddess?
3. Where was Pierre Reverdy born?
(a) Sicily, Italy.
(b) Narbonne, France.
(c) Bois de Boulogne, France.
(d) Paris, France.
4. What did Breton see as a monument to things that are hidden, in Section 4?
(a) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
(b) Tour Saint-Jacques.
(d) Bois de Boulogne.
5. Breton concludes Section 5 wondering if perhaps the connection between the coast, the house, the murder, and his desire for solitude do not constitute an ______ and a deliberate undoing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reviewing his poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, "Today I am unhesitatingly convinced of its profound ____."
2. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
3. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
4. Who wrote the Aeneid?
5. What did Breton refer to as "a splendid fourteenth-century French town today abandoned to gypsies"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Breton write of his own relationship to discord in Section 6?
2. What imagery did Breton use in Section 5? What is the subject of this section?
3. What nature imagery did Breton evoke in his description of Lamba in Section 4?
4. What did Breton remark of the flora and fauna in Section 5?
5. What did Breton write regarding The Origins of Family in Section 5?
6. What did Breton remark of "desire" in Section 5? Did Breton view desire as a positive or negative emotion?
7. What did Breton associate with his sense of discord on his trip in Section 6?
8. What did Breton conclude of his trip in Section 6?
9. What is the subject and focus of Section 6? How does it relate to Section 6?
10. What automatic writing games did Breton describe in Section 5?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)