|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reviewing his poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, "Today I am unhesitatingly convinced of its profound ____."
2. Who painted The House of the Hanged Man?
(a) Charles Baudelaire.
(b) Antonin Artaud.
(c) Paul Cezanne.
(d) Salvador Dali.
3. When was L'Age d'or released?
4. It was suggested to Breton that the house in Section 6 was where what had occurred?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) His dream.
(c) A murder.
(d) A vision.
5. Venus is associated with what Greek goddess?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Breton refer to as "a splendid fourteenth-century French town today abandoned to gypsies"?
2. The film L'Age d'or was controversial because it was considered an attack on what?
3. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
4. Where did Breton go to the top of a volcano in Section 5?
5. What poem of Baudelaire's is discussed in Section 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Breton write of prophecy in his poem "Sunflower" in Section 4? How did he further illustrate this point?
2. What did Breton transition to following his descriptions of the volcano in Section 5?
3. What nature imagery did Breton evoke in his description of Lamba in Section 4?
4. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
5. What did Breton remark of the flora and fauna in Section 5?
6. What is the subject and focus of Section 6? How does it relate to Section 6?
7. What did Breton conclude of his trip in Section 6?
8. What did Breton write of his own relationship to discord in Section 6?
9. What trip did Breton recount in Section 6? Where did he go, and when?
10. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)