|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was presumably with Breton in Brittany in Section 6?
2. Paul Cézanne can be said to form the bridge between late 19th century Impressionism and what early 20th century's new line of artistic inquiry?
3. What book states that once private property is abolished, "we can reasonably affirm that far from disappearing, monogamy will be realized for the first time'"?
(a) The Origins of the Family.
(b) The Origins of Property.
(c) The Origins of Freedom.
(d) The Origins of State.
4. What term means an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast?
5. What refers to the practice of marriage with only one person at a time?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jacqueline Lamba die?
2. Breton wrote, "What is required most earnestly to keep up this sort of life loses all its value at the passage of the great _____."
3. Who was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite?
4. What French writer and poet, novelist, critic, and political activist helped initiate the periodical Littérature?
5. Who painted The House of the Hanged Man?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)