|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jacqueline Lamba die?
2. Who was presumably with Breton in Brittany in Section 6?
3. Regarding the poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, ""I say that there isn't anything in this poem of 1923 that did not announce the most important thing to happen to me in ____."
4. Where was Salvador Dali from?
5. Breton refers to the myth of Venus and the what?
(a) Golden Harp.
(b) Golden Ring.
(c) Golden Apple.
(d) Golden Hind.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reviewing his poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, "Today I am unhesitatingly convinced of its profound ____."
2. In his descriptions of Lamba, where did Breton write of "a tiny, unforgettable fern climbing the inside wall of an ancient well, the deepest, most somber, and most extensive of all those that I have ever leaned over"?
3. Where did Breton go to the top of a volcano in Section 5?
4. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
5. What poem of Baudelaire's is discussed in Section 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What imagery did Breton use in Section 5? What is the subject of this section?
2. What metaphors did Breton use in describing the flora and fauna at the volcano in Section 5?
3. How did Breton describe Lamba in Section 4?
4. Where did Breton describe visiting in Section 5? What was his impression of the location?
5. What did Breton remark of "desire" in Section 5? Did Breton view desire as a positive or negative emotion?
6. What did Breton write regarding The Origins of Family in Section 5?
7. What is the subject and focus of Section 6? How does it relate to Section 6?
8. What did Breton conclude of his trip in Section 6?
9. What did Breton write of "The House of the Hanged Man" in Section 6?
10. What did Breton feel the edits had done to the poem "Sunflower"?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)