|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Breton argues that "convulsive beauty" must be seen in terms of the object in motion, and how?
(a) In existence.
(b) In the mind.
(c) In space.
(d) In repose.
2. When was The Surrealist Manifesto released?
3. Breton noted in Section 2 that answering how a memory might stand out as a sign of the spontaneous was likely not an appropriate answer to be sought through what?
(a) A test.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A survey.
4. What did the dishwasher shout in the diner, as described by Breton in Section 1?
(a) "Poisson soluble."
(b) "S'il Vous Plaît."
(d) "La bouche!"
5. Breton distinguishes in Section 1 between an object which is wished for and an object which is what?
(b) Prayed for.
(c) Dreamed of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What represents that organized part of the personality structure that includes defensive, perceptual, intellectual-cognitive, and executive functions?
2. Whose grief at the premature death of his wife, Nusch, in 1946 inspired the work "Le temps déborde" in 1947?
3. What French writer born in Laval, Mayenne, France, was best known for his work, Ubu Roi?
4. What Austrian neurologist founded the psychoanalytic school of psychiatry?
5. What term refers to a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story of a diner did Breton recount in Section 1? What descriptions did he use?
2. What did Breton and Giacometti conclude of the first object in Section 3?
3. What did the second found object in Section 3 represent for Breton?
4. What art form does Breton open Mad Love discussing? Why?
5. What did the dishwasher call out in the diner, in Section 1? Why did Breton point to this?
6. What is the subject and focus of Mad Love? What previous work of Andre Breton's did it expand upon?
7. What did Breton conclude about the use of public survey in Section 2?
8. What questions did Breton pose in Section 2? Where were they published?
9. What was Breton's conclusion of the purpose of the objects in Section 3?
10. What was the first object found by Breton and Giacometti in Section 3?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)