|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Breton noted in Section 2 that answering how a memory might stand out as a sign of the spontaneous was likely not an appropriate answer to be sought through what?
(b) A survey.
(c) A test.
(d) A magazine.
2. Whose grief at the premature death of his wife, Nusch, in 1946 inspired the work "Le temps déborde" in 1947?
(a) Paul Eluard's.
(b) Andre Breton's.
(c) Antonin Artaud's.
(d) Sam Beckett's.
3. When was The Surrealist Manifesto released?
4. In his self-reflection, Breton argued, he could point out the most significant and trivial details of his life and link them to the importance of what?
5. What refers to everyday items that can be transformed into art objects or reinterpreted as objects outside their intended utilitarian purpose?
(a) Art items.
(b) Found items.
(c) Catalyst items.
(d) Creative items.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the responses of the survey from Section 2 were largely insufficient, there was enough interesting material there that Breton felt what?
2. What did Breton note was "lacking" in Giacometti's sculpture?
3. What was the pseudonym of Isidore Lucien Ducasse, an Uruguayan-born French poet?
4. What kind of brooch was the waitress in the diner wearing, as described by Breton in Section 1?
5. What was the pen name of Eugène Émile Paul Grindel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Friedrich Engels? How did he influence Breton?
2. What did the second found object in Section 3 represent for Breton?
3. What questions did Breton pose in Section 2? Where were they published?
4. What did Breton remark about the responses received from the survey in Section 2?
5. What did Breton conclude would be his approach in Mad Love in Section 2?
6. What was Breton's conclusion of the purpose of the objects in Section 3?
7. What did Breton note about Giacometti's sculpture in Section 3?
8. What did Breton write of "chance" in surrealist theory in Section 1?
9. Who was Man Ray? What contributions did he lend to Mad Love?
10. What is the subject and focus of Section 2 in Mad Love?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)