|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brittany is located where in France?
2. What happened later the same evening that Breton wrote of having met Lamba?
(a) They had an argument.
(b) They had their first rendevous.
(c) They were married.
(d) They never spoke.
3. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
(d) The moon.
4. Who does Breton refer to as a symbolic founder of civilization in Section 6?
5. In his descriptions of Lamba, where did Breton write of "a tiny, unforgettable fern climbing the inside wall of an ancient well, the deepest, most somber, and most extensive of all those that I have ever leaned over"?
6. What did Breton suggest had had a major influence on his love life in Section 6?
7. In Section 5, Breton made the connection between lovers as linked and lacy grass and as what in turn?
(a) Kittens and puppies.
(d) Trees and flowers.
8. What was Jacqueline Lamba's occupation?
9. What kind of behavior did Breton write love "stirred up" in Section 4?
10. What did Breton refer to as "a splendid fourteenth-century French town today abandoned to gypsies"?
(a) Bois de Boulogne.
(b) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
(c) Tour Saint-Jacques.
11. When was the oldest known temple of Venus dedicated?
(a) 123 BC.
(b) 390 BC.
(c) 200 BC.
(d) 293 BC.
12. What is the narrative point of view Breton used in describing his trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
(a) First person plural.
(b) Third person singular.
(c) Second person plural.
(d) First person singular.
13. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
14. Breton concludes Section 5 wondering if perhaps the connection between the coast, the house, the murder, and his desire for solitude do not constitute an ______ and a deliberate undoing.
15. What term refers to that of high moral, aesthetic, intellectual, or spiritual value; noble; exalted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book states that once private property is abolished, "we can reasonably affirm that far from disappearing, monogamy will be realized for the first time'"?
2. Where was Salvador Dali from?
3. Breton refers to the myth of Venus and the what?
4. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
5. Who wrote the Aeneid?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)