|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Breton remarked in Section 4 that he had retained a copy of "Sunflower" for over how long?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. The island volcano that Breton went to in Section 5 was a part of what body of islands?
(a) Mediterranean Islands.
(b) Virgin Islands.
(c) Spanish Canary Islands.
(d) Hawaiian Islands.
3. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
4. Who does Breton refer to as a symbolic founder of civilization in Section 6?
5. What did Breton refer to as "a splendid fourteenth-century French town today abandoned to gypsies"?
(a) Tour Saint-Jacques.
(c) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
(d) Bois de Boulogne.
6. In what year did Breton describe a trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
7. In describing Lamba, Breton wrote, "This young woman who just entered appeared to be swathed in mist - clothed in" what?
8. What is the narrative point of view Breton used in describing his trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
(a) First person plural.
(b) Second person plural.
(c) First person singular.
(d) Third person singular.
9. What happened later the same evening that Breton wrote of having met Lamba?
(a) They had their first rendevous.
(b) They had an argument.
(c) They were married.
(d) They never spoke.
10. In Section 4, Breton cites one of his poems where the tower sways like what?
(a) A sunflower.
(b) A tree.
(c) A blade of grass.
(d) A bridge.
11. The film L'Age d'or was controversial because it was considered an attack on what?
(a) Western Civilization.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Anglican Church.
(d) The Catholic Church.
12. In its ability to foresee his relationship with Lamba, Breton referred to the poem "Sunflower" as a poem of what?
13. Where was Salvador Dali from?
14. What did Breton refer to the fauna as on his trip to the volcano in Section 5?
15. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
(a) Original manuscript.
(b) Third version.
(c) Last adaptation.
(d) Second version.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was presumably with Breton in Brittany in Section 6?
2. Where was Pierre Reverdy born?
3. "Sunflower" is an example of what type of poetry?
4. When was Alice in Wonderland published?
5. According to Breton, "____, the only motive of the world, ____, the only rigor humans must be acquainted with, where could I better situated to adore it than on the inside of the cloud?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)