|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Breton refer to as a symbolic founder of civilization in Section 6?
2. What book states that once private property is abolished, "we can reasonably affirm that far from disappearing, monogamy will be realized for the first time'"?
(a) The Origins of the Family.
(b) The Origins of State.
(c) The Origins of Property.
(d) The Origins of Freedom.
3. Breton remarked in Section 4 that he had retained a copy of "Sunflower" for over how long?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. In what year was Salvador Dali born?
5. What did Breton see as a monument to things that are hidden, in Section 4?
(b) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
(c) Tour Saint-Jacques.
(d) Bois de Boulogne.
6. The killer in Section 6 claimed in court that he had been driven to exasperation in part due to his wife's long-standing refusal of what?
(a) Doing housework.
(b) Having children.
(c) Sexual advances.
7. In Section 5, Breton made the connection between lovers as linked and lacy grass and as what in turn?
(a) Kittens and puppies.
(b) Trees and flowers.
8. In the end of Section 4, Breton sat in a restaurant with Paul Eluard and who?
(b) Salvador Dali.
(c) Paul Cezanne.
(d) René Char.
9. In what year was "Sunflower" written?
10. Brittany is located where in France?
11. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
12. What happened later the same evening that Breton wrote of having met Lamba?
(a) They had an argument.
(b) They were married.
(c) They never spoke.
(d) They had their first rendevous.
13. Regarding the poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, ""I say that there isn't anything in this poem of 1923 that did not announce the most important thing to happen to me in ____."
14. What refers to the practice of marriage with only one person at a time?
15. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was L'Age d'or released?
2. New Justine was set against the backdrop of what location?
3. While Section 5 ends by extolling love and passion, Section 6 emphasizes what?
4. What did Breton refer to as "a splendid fourteenth-century French town today abandoned to gypsies"?
5. Where did Breton and Lamba pass after the Tour Saint-Jacques?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)