|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In its ability to foresee his relationship with Lamba, Breton referred to the poem "Sunflower" as a poem of what?
2. What kind of behavior did Breton write love "stirred up" in Section 4?
3. When was the oldest known temple of Venus dedicated?
(a) 200 BC.
(b) 390 BC.
(c) 293 BC.
(d) 123 BC.
4. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
5. While Section 5 ends by extolling love and passion, Section 6 emphasizes what?
6. In the end of Section 4, Breton sat in a restaurant with Paul Eluard and who?
(a) Paul Cezanne.
(c) René Char.
(d) Salvador Dali.
7. Regarding the poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, ""I say that there isn't anything in this poem of 1923 that did not announce the most important thing to happen to me in ____."
8. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
9. Where was Salvador Dali from?
10. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
(a) Antonin Artaud.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Friedrich Engels.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
11. Who was Jacqueline Lamba's second husband?
(a) David Hare.
(b) Andrew Lloyd Webber.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) James Joyce.
12. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
(a) Original manuscript.
(b) Last adaptation.
(c) Third version.
(d) Second version.
13. When was Alice in Wonderland published?
14. Venus is associated with what Greek goddess?
15. In what year did Breton describe a trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Pierre Reverdy born?
2. What did Breton suggest had had a major influence on his love life in Section 6?
3. Who was presumably with Breton in Brittany in Section 6?
4. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
5. Breton described feeling an overwhelming need for what, while in Brittany in Section 6?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)