|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What astrological sign was Andre Breton?
2. Brittany is located where in France?
3. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
4. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
5. It was suggested to Breton that the house in Section 6 was where what had occurred?
(a) A murder.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A vision.
(d) His dream.
6. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
7. In describing Lamba, Breton wrote, "This young woman who just entered appeared to be swathed in mist - clothed in" what?
8. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
9. New Justine was set against the backdrop of what location?
(a) Mt. McKinley.
(b) The Swiss Alps.
(c) Mt. Etna.
(d) Mt. Ranier.
10. Who wrote the Aeneid?
11. In Section 5, Breton described some of the automatic writing games, including the repetition of some "childhood mirages," most notably the phrases "tree for bread" and "tree for" what?
12. Breton described feeling an overwhelming need for what, while in Brittany in Section 6?
13. What refers to the practice of marriage with only one person at a time?
14. What did Breton see as a monument to things that are hidden, in Section 4?
(a) Bois de Boulogne.
(c) Tour Saint-Jacques.
(d) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
15. Who wrote New Justine, which was lauded by Breton in Section 5?
(a) Salvador Dali.
(b) Antonin Artaud.
(c) Charles Baudelaire.
(d) Marquis de Sade.
Short Answer Questions
1. The island volcano that Breton went to in Section 5 was a part of what body of islands?
2. The killer in Section 6 claimed in court that he had been driven to exasperation in part due to his wife's long-standing refusal of what?
3. The film L'Age d'or was controversial because it was considered an attack on what?
4. Who does Breton refer to as a symbolic founder of civilization in Section 6?
5. When was the oldest known temple of Venus dedicated?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)