Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
2. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
3. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
4. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
(a) Antonin Artaud.
(b) Friedrich Engels.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
5. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
(a) Last adaptation.
(b) Original manuscript.
(c) Third version.
(d) Second version.
6. What book states that once private property is abolished, "we can reasonably affirm that far from disappearing, monogamy will be realized for the first time'"?
(a) The Origins of Property.
(b) The Origins of State.
(c) The Origins of Freedom.
(d) The Origins of the Family.
7. What was Jacqueline Lamba's occupation?
8. In Section 4, Breton cites one of his poems where the tower sways like what?
(a) A sunflower.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A tree.
(d) A blade of grass.
9. What did Breton refer to the fauna as on his trip to the volcano in Section 5?
10. What did Breton note about the stories of Venus in Section 6?
11. Breton refers to the myth of Venus and the what?
(a) Golden Harp.
(b) Golden Ring.
(c) Golden Hind.
(d) Golden Apple.
12. The island volcano that Breton went to in Section 5 was a part of what body of islands?
(a) Mediterranean Islands.
(b) Spanish Canary Islands.
(c) Hawaiian Islands.
(d) Virgin Islands.
13. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
14. In his descriptions of Lamba, where did Breton write of "a tiny, unforgettable fern climbing the inside wall of an ancient well, the deepest, most somber, and most extensive of all those that I have ever leaned over"?
15. What did Breton suggest had had a major influence on his love life in Section 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jacqueline Lamba's second husband?
2. It was suggested to Breton that the house in Section 6 was where what had occurred?
3. Who directed the film, L'Age d'or?
4. Who wrote New Justine, which was lauded by Breton in Section 5?
5. What did Breton see as a monument to things that are hidden, in Section 4?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)