|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Pierre Reverdy born?
(a) Bois de Boulogne, France.
(b) Narbonne, France.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Sicily, Italy.
2. In what year was Salvador Dali born?
3. The island volcano that Breton went to in Section 5 was a part of what body of islands?
(a) Virgin Islands.
(b) Mediterranean Islands.
(c) Hawaiian Islands.
(d) Spanish Canary Islands.
4. Venus is associated with what Greek goddess?
5. Who directed the film, L'Age d'or?
(a) Paul Cezanne.
(b) Salvador Dali.
(c) Luis Bunuel.
(d) Andre Breton.
6. In what year did Breton describe a trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
7. According to Breton, "____, the only motive of the world, ____, the only rigor humans must be acquainted with, where could I better situated to adore it than on the inside of the cloud?
8. In Section 5, Breton made the connection between lovers as linked and lacy grass and as what in turn?
(c) Kittens and puppies.
(d) Trees and flowers.
9. The killer in Section 6 claimed in court that he had been driven to exasperation in part due to his wife's long-standing refusal of what?
(a) Having children.
(b) Sexual advances.
(c) Doing housework.
10. Where did Breton and Lamba pass after the Tour Saint-Jacques?
(a) Quai aux Fleurs.
(c) ÃƒÆ’Ã…Â½le Saint-Louis.
(d) Bois de Boulogne.
11. In what year was "Sunflower" written?
12. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
13. What did Breton refer to as "a splendid fourteenth-century French town today abandoned to gypsies"?
(a) Tour Saint-Jacques.
(c) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
(d) Bois de Boulogne.
14. When was Alice in Wonderland published?
15. What book states that once private property is abolished, "we can reasonably affirm that far from disappearing, monogamy will be realized for the first time'"?
(a) The Origins of the Family.
(b) The Origins of State.
(c) The Origins of Freedom.
(d) The Origins of Property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite?
2. Breton concludes Section 5 wondering if perhaps the connection between the coast, the house, the murder, and his desire for solitude do not constitute an ______ and a deliberate undoing.
3. What did Breton note about the stories of Venus in Section 6?
4. In Section 5, Breton compared passing through the rough landscape to the volcano with passing through what?
5. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)