|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jacqueline Lamba's occupation?
2. In what month did Breton describe visiting Brittany, in Section 6?
3. In its ability to foresee his relationship with Lamba, Breton referred to the poem "Sunflower" as a poem of what?
4. When was Alice in Wonderland published?
5. In what year did Breton describe a trip to Brittany, in Section 6?
6. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
7. What did Breton note about the stories of Venus in Section 6?
8. What term refers to that of high moral, aesthetic, intellectual, or spiritual value; noble; exalted?
9. What did Breton suggest had had a major influence on his love life in Section 6?
10. Who was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite?
11. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
12. Regarding the poem, "Sunflower," Breton wrote, ""I say that there isn't anything in this poem of 1923 that did not announce the most important thing to happen to me in ____."
13. Breton noted in Section 6 that his birthday coincides with the conjunction of Venus with what?
(c) The moon.
14. Who wrote the Aeneid?
15. Who wrote New Justine, which was lauded by Breton in Section 5?
(a) Marquis de Sade.
(b) Salvador Dali.
(c) Charles Baudelaire.
(d) Antonin Artaud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the film, L'Age d'or?
2. Breton regretted, in Section 4, that he no longer had the _____ of "Sunflower."
3. Where was Salvador Dali from?
4. Who wrote Alice in Wonderland?
5. In the end of Section 4, Breton sat in a restaurant with Paul Eluard and who?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)