|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was suggested to Breton that the house in Section 6 was where what had occurred?
(a) A murder.
(b) A vision.
(c) His dream.
(d) A hurricane.
2. Who wrote the Aeneid?
3. What astrological sign was Andre Breton?
4. The film L'Age d'or was controversial because it was considered an attack on what?
(a) The Anglican Church.
(b) World War I.
(c) Western Civilization.
(d) The Catholic Church.
5. In what year was Salvador Dali born?
6. New Justine was set against the backdrop of what location?
(a) Mt. Etna.
(b) Mt. McKinley.
(c) The Swiss Alps.
(d) Mt. Ranier.
7. When was L'Age d'or released?
8. What did Breton write that he considered "temptation" to be?
9. Where did Breton go to the top of a volcano in Section 5?
(b) Gran Canaria.
(c) La Palma.
10. What did Breton note about the stories of Venus in Section 6?
11. What refers to the practice of marriage with only one person at a time?
12. What French writer and poet, novelist, critic, and political activist helped initiate the periodical Littérature?
(a) Antonin Artaud.
(b) Pierre Reverdy.
(c) Charles Baudelaire.
(d) Philippe Soupault.
13. When was Jacqueline Lamba born?
14. What term refers to that of high moral, aesthetic, intellectual, or spiritual value; noble; exalted?
15. Jacqueline Lamba was which of Andre Breton's wives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Breton see as a monument to things that are hidden, in Section 4?
2. Breton concludes Section 5 wondering if perhaps the connection between the coast, the house, the murder, and his desire for solitude do not constitute an ______ and a deliberate undoing.
3. What term means an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast?
4. According to Breton, "____, the only motive of the world, ____, the only rigor humans must be acquainted with, where could I better situated to adore it than on the inside of the cloud?
5. In Section 5, Breton made the connection between lovers as linked and lacy grass and as what in turn?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)