|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the film, L'Age d'or?
(a) Salvador Dali.
(b) Luis Bunuel.
(c) Andre Breton.
(d) Paul Cezanne.
2. When did Pablo Picasso die?
3. Who was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite?
4. What did Breton note about the stories of Venus in Section 6?
5. Breton refers to the myth of Venus and the what?
(a) Golden Ring.
(b) Golden Hind.
(c) Golden Apple.
(d) Golden Harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Breton define as "the form making manifest the exterior necessity which traces its path in the human unconscious"?
2. What book states that once private property is abolished, "we can reasonably affirm that far from disappearing, monogamy will be realized for the first time'"?
3. Where was Pablo Picasso from?
4. What, in psychoanalytic theory, is a group of largely unconscious (dynamically repressed) ideas and feelings which concentrate on the desire to possess the parent of the opposite sex and eliminate the parent of the same sex?
5. What refers to the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)