|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What art form does Breton invoke in the beginning of Mad Love?
2. What did Breton see as a monument to things that are hidden, in Section 4?
(a) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
(b) Bois de Boulogne.
(c) Tour Saint-Jacques.
3. Venus is associated with what Greek goddess?
4. Where was Pablo Picasso from?
5. What French poet produced his best known works while still in his late teens and gave up creative writing altogether before the age of 21?
(a) Antonin Artaud.
(b) Jacques Vaché.
(c) Arthur Rimbaud.
(d) Alfred Jarry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was The Surrealist Manifesto released?
2. What is the title of the photograph in Section 1 which accompanies Breton's discussion of Tarot?
3. What book states that once private property is abolished, "we can reasonably affirm that far from disappearing, monogamy will be realized for the first time'"?
4. The film L'Age d'or was controversial because it was considered an attack on what?
5. Who is the intended audience of Section 7 of Mad Love?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)