|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the art of rhythmical composition, written or spoken, for exciting pleasure by beautiful, imaginative, or elevated thoughts?
2. Who wrote the film, L'Age d'or?
(a) Salvador Dali.
(b) Andre Breton.
(c) Luis Bunuel.
(d) Paul Cezanne.
3. When was the first postscript of Section 3 written?
4. Section 3 begins by invoking one of the cornerstones of the avant-garde, referred to as what?
(a) The obscure.
(b) The new.
(c) The rebellious.
(d) The different.
5. In what year did Andre Breton die?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 5, Breton described some of the automatic writing games, including the repetition of some "childhood mirages," most notably the phrases "tree for bread" and "tree for" what?
2. What term means an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast?
3. What did Breton write "all girls want" in association with love, in Section 7?
4. Whose photography is featured throughout Mad Love?
5. What poem of Baudelaire's is discussed in Section 5?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)