|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of the two essential questions posed by Breton in Section 2?
(a) "What do you consider the essential encounter of your life?"
(b) "What do you want the most out of life?"
(c) "What is the meaning of life?"
(d) "To what extent did this encounter seem to you, and, does it seem to you now, to be fortuitous or foreordained?"
2. Mad Love was written as a continuation of what previous work which explored a relationship with a woman who later turned out to be mentally unstable?
(a) L'Air de l'eau.
(b) L'Immaculée Conception.
(c) Ralentir travaux.
3. In Freud's theory, the ego mediates among the ___, the super-ego and the external world.
4. What did Breton suggest had had a major influence on his love life in Section 6?
5. In its ability to foresee his relationship with Lamba, Breton referred to the poem "Sunflower" as a poem of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote The Poverty of Philosophy?
2. Who wrote New Justine, which was lauded by Breton in Section 5?
3. What was the first object found by Breton and his friend in the flea market in Section 3?
4. When was the oldest known temple of Venus dedicated?
5. What French aristocrat and author from the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century is known for his erotic and blasphemous novels, many of which were written while he was imprisoned?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)